Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of Duty Ghosts €10 in Gamestop: Is it worth getting??

• 25-01-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Seen Ghosts is currently €10 in Gamestop I never played it so would it be worth a tennor??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

No. Campaign is crap, multiplayer is so bad I didnt even bother looking at AW this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

Icaras wrote: »
    No. Campaign is crap, multiplayer is so bad I didnt even bother looking at AW this time round.

Cheers man you saved me a tennor :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

I really enjoyed the multiplayer, Extinction mode was great fun too. Have yet to play the campaign, worth a tenner for sure man!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭ShakerMaker91

I really enjoyed the multiplayer, Extinction mode was great fun too. Have yet to play the campaign, worth a tenner for sure man!

Really was consedering chancing it for a tennor like its on sale on some online sites for 60 quid still!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

For a tenner on next gen console - why not, if you are mindlessly bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,991 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

you could do worse with a tenner, personally i hated it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Surely any game is worth a €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

.ak wrote: »

The Stanley Parable and Sonic Unleashed would beg to differ :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think it's easily worth a tenner. Campaign is poor enough compared with previous COD offerings but realistically, perfectly playable and the online is more or less the same. Even if you only knocked 6 or 7 hours out of it including SP+MP you're doing well enough for a tenner.

I know Amazon were selling the Xbox 360 and Xbox One double code pack for a tenner recently as well, and Gamestop were selling the game for a fiver, as well as the prestige edition with the GoPro style camera for 30.

.ak wrote: »

Theres a lot of content in this, about 6 hours worth of main campaign, and then theoretically endless time on multiplayer. However the common opinion of COD fans (myself included) is that it was a low point for the series,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought the campaign in Ghosts was better than some of the previous cod's. My favorite campaign is still COD4 by a long shot then black Ops 1 and 2 after that. Have not played the new CoD just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

And people complained Shadow of Mordor was a bit on the short side campaign wise :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I liked what little I played of Extinction mode and reckon that alone has to be worth a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

i quite enjoy/ed ghosts.. still play it a fair bit on 360

i don't expect anything groundbreaking from a COD title, nor do i take anything in them too seriously. i just like me some good ol' fashioned leave-brain-at-door arcade-y shooting..

the campaign was pretty decent i thought, and the multiplayer had some nice touches, like knee sliding amongst others. some of the maps weren't amazing, but some were great.

overall, yes, it's definitely worth a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭da gamer

Don't care what anyone says, for a tenner it's a bargain. Good although short campaign, extinction mode is brilliant especially if you have a few mates to play with and online is more of the same, you could put 50 hours into it easily if you wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭jones

I agree for a tenner i'd get it even to just play the campaign which I liked.
    As others have said for a tenner most games are "worth it"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Probably the worst of the COD series.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Unquestionably the worst game I played last year. Simply didn't work and how a game built on a 10 year old engine and which is the what, 11th in a series be that broken is absolutely beyond my understanding. I had a lot of stress with Battlefield 4 in the months before, but they were nothing in comparison to the unplayable mess that was Ghosts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

At €10 it's a bargain.

I really enjoyed the campaign. Not as great as the Advanced Warfare campaign but very good and IMO well worth a play through.

I hated the multiplayer at first but after learning some decent class setups the game just clicked with me and I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ye get to play as a dog in the SP!! genius!

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    ye get to play as a dog in the SP!! genius!

and you'll be like a dog in real life for buying it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Buy for a tenner, play, trade back to CeX for 7-8 cash. So basically, you are getting to play a fairly decent SP for 2 euro.

Not bad. However, my gaming time is quite limited so the real question is do I want to be spending my valuable gaming time on this?

No thanks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems CEX are offering 20 credit for it, might trade two of them in, get 40 for 20 spent.
    You can trade in more than one copy of a game there, yes?

Advertisement