Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army, Physcometric Test

• 04-06-2012 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Is it true there cancelling it for recruits because numbers are down so much already?

thanks
    (Might be wrong section im not on this much)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Far better off posting this is the Military forum - several Army Recruitment threads there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

grizzly700 wrote: »
    Is it true there cancelling it for recruits because numbers are down so much already?

thanks

Where did you hear this Grizzly?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

grizzly700 wrote: »

thanks

Actually heard this Rumour in Bks today, supposedly so few passed/presented for the fitness that they don't need to thin out the numbers?? I suppose anything is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

What does the Physcometric Test consist of. I joined 7 years ago and I didnt do that. Just wondering what is it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Numbers too low?? I call bull****.

From what I've heard up to 10,000 people went forward. If cadets was anything to go by people were out the doors.

I'd take these rumours with a pinch of salt. Probably misheard? Maybe sarcasm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭SIRREX

BigDuffman wrote: »
    Numbers too low?? I call bull****.

From what I've heard up to 10,000 people went forward. If cadets was anything to go by people were out the doors.

I'd take these rumours with a pinch of salt. Probably misheard? Maybe sarcasm?
    As I highlighted it is just a rumour, but there was definitely a large number of no shows, in the region of 40%.

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

BigDuffman wrote: »

10,000 applied, so there's hardly 10,000 gone forward after the fitness tests...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Turbine wrote: »
    10,000 applied, so there's hardly 10,000 gone forward after the fitness tests...

Of course not. I'd be surprised if 1/2 that went forward after that. But that still leaves enough bods for their to be competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭thefishone

Turbine wrote: »

If we believe the (more) rumours,about 40% of those called for the
    fitness tests are not turning up and given (more rumours) the failure
    rate,there could actually be something in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 grizzly700

10'000 applied for the Army & Navy, In the Curragh camp. 780 turned up for a fitness test and they were due to have 1600. Thats 50% not showing up and Depending on the day, Roughly 15-20% are failing it, If it was roughly the same for both thats 70% of 10k gone which leaves 3000 for 600 places.

Also alot of people i talked to have applied for the Both army and Navy, therefore less numbers again.

I heard the "Rumour" of an Army seargeant who is my neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭alan86

Just wondering lads dose anyone know a good site for sample psychometric tests

Advertisement