Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re-cast the actors!

• 20-02-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else look at some of the actors in this and think they'd be great in something else?

For me, I'm thinking Maisie Williams who plays Arya could make a great Vin if they ever film Mistborn. If they put it into pre-production now, she'd be the right age by the time it started shooting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Even without seeing an episode for season 2 yet, I wanted Mark Strong or Liam Cunningham for Stannis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

When I heard Liam Cunnigham was cast I just presumed he would be Stannis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I wanted Mark Strong for Stannis as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm unsure if he's done it before, but I think Sean Bean would be fairly decent as some kind of a sword wielding badass.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Des wrote: »
    I'm unsure if he's done it before, but I think Sean Bean would be fairly decent as some kind of a sword wielding badass.

I dunno He's done Swords now, maybe something with Muskets, they could set it during the Napoleonic wars, that'd satisfy the Swordy people too ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Des wrote: »

Maybe, just maybe
    let him live through an entire series/film as well

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cunningham is perfectly cast as Davos imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Alan Rickman as Stannis.

Brendan Gleeson as Varys.

A young Brian Blessed as Robert.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭clashburke

Red Hand wrote: »
    Alan Rickman as Stannis.

Brendan Gleeson as Varys.

A young Brian Blessed as Robert.

would totally agree with the underlined

couldnt see Rickman as stanis, Stanis is a dour charmless and devoid of any real charisma IMO he's not an exciting or spirited character he's all about his sense of entitlement to the throne and some bizzare notion of duty and honour

Rickman has played too many interesting characters for that not to be on yer mind watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

Salma Hayek as the red witch. ;-)

Salma Hayek as the red witch. ;-)
    Dunno, the red queen I see the trailers is fairly close to what I had imagined

Have they cast the sandsnakes yet????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Robert Carlyle as Roose Bolton would have been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

A young Alan Rickman would have made a great Littlefinger.

At his current age, he'd make a great Mance Rayder.

Ethnicity might be an issue but I actually think Rickman would make a good Doran Martell.

what is the ethnicity of the Dornish tho??

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    what is the ethnicity of the Dornish tho??

Dark skinned I thought.

isnt that the Summer Islanders tho, I thought the Dornish were 'Sallow' like Southern Europeans

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    isnt that the Summer Islanders tho, I thought the Dornish were 'Sallow' like Southern Europeans

Mayhaps. I know the summer islanders are, but I really can't remember specifics about Dornishmen, apart from the fact that it's bloody hot there. I took a punt, perhaps wrongly.

The Dornish are meant to vary in appearance, some being sort of Greek-like with olive skin and dark eyes and hair, while others are comparatively fair.

• Advertisement

found this on aWiki of Ice and fire
    According to King Daeron I, observations during his wars in Dorne, there are three group of Dornishmen:
    • salty Dornishmen, who live along the coasts, lithe and dark with smooth olive skin and long black hair.
    • sandy Dornishmen who live in the deserts and the long river valleys, who are even darker, faces burned brown by the hot Dornish sun.
    • stony Dornishmen who live in the passes and heights of the Red Mountains, the biggest and fairest, sons of the Andals and the First Men, brown-haired or blond with faces that freckled or burned in the sun.
    Additionally, another group exist the Greenblood orphans, who ply the Greenblood in poleboats.

The Dornish are a mixed race of WestrosiAndal and Rhoyneish invaders
    one would expect the Royals to be Salty, so Salma Hayek would be perfect for one of the older Sandsnakes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

As soon as I saw Ned Stark I instantly thought 'Will Smith'.

Sean Bean did do an excellent job mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭TobyRyan

Oranage2 wrote: »
    As soon as I saw Ned Stark I instantly thought 'Will Smith'.

Sean Bean did do an excellent job mind.

Will Smith...are you for real?

I loved the series but hated knowing that Ned Stark was going to be killed..bye bye Sean Bean :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pat25c

i think Colin Farrell would make a great ramsey snow (bolton), he can do evil bastard very well

brendan gleeson as mance rayder

colin meaney as mance tyrell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

TobyRyan wrote: »
    Will Smith...are you for real?

I loved the series but hated knowing that Ned Stark was going to be killed..bye bye Sean Bean :(

I'm still holding out for Will Smith as Rhaegar in a flashback scene. Perfect! :p

If Brendan Gleeson joined the show I'd be done for, he's one of my favourite actors. I'm already spoiled with Aiden Gillen and (soon) Liam Cunningham, Brendan Gleeson would just be amazing.

I don't know who I'd cast for Ramsay Bolton, I see a lot of attractive actors bandied about but I always pictured him as an ugly.. well, b*stard.

Personally I'd like Naveen Andrews for the Red Viper, and reading the books I couldn't help imagining Maggie Smith as the Queen of Thorns.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Gauge wrote: »
    Personally I'd like Naveen Andrews for the Red Viper, and reading the books I couldn't help imagining Maggie Smith as the Queen of Thorns.
    Great suggestions. Can't imagine them getting Maggie Smith with her already doing Downton Abbey though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Aidan Turner for Ramsey Snow.

But surely Snow has already been cast for season two!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pat25c

Son0vagun wrote: »
    Aidan Turner for Ramsey Snow.

But surely Snow has already been cast for season two!

i didnt even think of aidan turner , but ya , good thinking , or andrew scott he does look a bit like Micheal McElhatton who is playing roose bolton

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

I could see Malcom McDowell For Roose bolton and for Stannis id like to see either Jeremy Irons or Liam Neeson :) altough come to think of it they could be to old but they would be good for other chartacters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Liam Neeson as Lord Beric, Colm Meaney as Meryln Trant, Brendan Gleeson as Shagga!

I think Cunningham is perfectly cast!

Advertisement