Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clash of clans

• 01-06-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

I have been playing Clash of clans for over a year now, I have being drifting in and out of clans. Are there any boardsie clans I could join?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LaLeche

Join the boards.ie clan, it's called Boards.ie. It's fairly new though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm in a fairly decent Clan for about a year now. It's me and like 10-15 other high level active players. We were all in another clan but broke away as there were too many crap players, inactive players and we had a bad leader. I have to say it's a really good clan and we're very active, talk loads, it's 18+ (but we might make an exception for mature players with good bases), we are very organised during wars, have a good balance of trophy pushes and farming etc. And most importantly it's a democracy. We have several Elders incl myself but it's not an "Elder for All" clan. All us Elders were Elders in the last 40 players clan so we earned our stripes over the last 6-12 months. I cannot recommend us enough.

Clan Name: Crossword
    Clan Leader: Porter
    Me: CormacDreadHead (it's open to all)

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭eliza64

LaLeche wrote: »
    Join the boards.ie clan, it's called Boards.ie. It's fairly new though!

Thanks but I can not find Boards.ie clan ?

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm in a fairly decent Clan for about a year now. It's me and like 10-15 other high level active players. We were all in another clan but broke away as there were too many crap players, inactive players and we had a bad leader. I have to say it's a really good clan and we're very active, talk loads, it's 18+ (but we might make an exception for mature players with good bases), we are very organised during wars, have a good balance of trophy pushes and farming etc. And most importantly it's a democracy. We have several Elders incl myself but it's not an "Elder for All" clan. All us Elders were Elders in the last 40 players clan so we earned our stripes over the last 6-12 months. I cannot recommend us enough.

Clan Name: Crossword
    Clan Leader: Porter
    Me: CormacDreadHead (it's open to all)

thanks For the information about your clan, I am not sure if I. Would fit in.
    My current clan is SG Quid pro Quo
    My name is eliza64jj

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toombs

Hi, I'm currently playing Clan Wars and not overly fussed with my Clan. A lot of the clan doesn't attack etc... so out of all the wars we have had we haven't won one yet! I normally win 6 stars out of both attacks. Let me know if you think I'd fit into your Clan. I'm level 52 with Dragons now.

• Advertisement

Toombs wrote: »
    Hi, I'm currently playing Clan Wars and not overly fussed with my Clan. A lot of the clan doesn't attack etc... so out of all the wars we have had we haven't won one yet! I normally win 6 stars out of both attacks. Let me know if you think I'd fit into your Clan. I'm level 52 with Dragons now.

The clan I am in is SG Quid pro Quo,we have one war a week at weekend. We have won most wars. You would be welcome it would be cool to have a bordsie in the clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

TeamActimel is a clan I made about a year ago, still going strong. There is a lot of banter in the clan but does include bad language. All players are reasonable. We war every 3 days, war record is 24-4. I have max level troops and donate to all war castles before war so no need for anyone else to waste elixir. There are a few 'new' players but generally only keep people over level 50. Most are american so would be nice to have another Irish in the clan. Rules are to not request a troops level, only a type unless on war day. Donate what is requested and use both war attacks. Join if you like. Username is caseyvx3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Toombs

Hi stephenamccann, thanks for the reply... I've checked your clan out and I think I could fit in. I'm level 56... I notice its invite only. My username is robski6 and the clan I'm currently in is called Eagle Warriors, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭stephenamccann

Hi Toombs, just request to join here and someone will accept you. Just say you are a friend of caseyvx3. We are going to war tomorrow or Monday and we don't accept people during war. If you are refused try again on Wednesday or Thursday.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I also can't find he boards.ie clan. I'm only level 15, just started playing. Would be interesting to see what other boardsies are up to. Not sure if I'd be any use in a war though.

• Advertisement

I'd also like to join a boards.ie clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

What's the game like for people who don't go to war?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

gaius c wrote: »
    What's the game like for people who don't go to war?

WARRRRRRRRRRRRR

Our clan used to war once or twice a week, since i'm now co-leader it's every day more or less :pac::pac:

Game would be very boring if you didn't war

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I played it for months last year, got tired of it though. I'm level 56, with all pink walls, was working on the purple when I quit [500K per block, eurgh] I still have it installed, and keep meaning to go back to it but it feels like such a chore - I haven't been keeping an eye on the updates so I'd be lost for a bit, and I remember last time I played I was getting run over by level 70-80 players ... and when I raid I can't make anything near enough to upgrade my defences. I'm playing Clash of Lords 2 now and find it more fun, it's like CoC but instead of having to 'breed' troops, you use heroes, a bit like the Barb king etc in COC, and they each have minions, which you do not have to top up after every attack or defence.

I might give COC another go, I did put a lot of time into it, and it's a waste of a good base [good, against similar levels or lower, unfortunately match making is brutal]

[edit] As I was typing this post I decided to check in on the game - last 3 attacks on my base were from level 78, 86, 99!! with Chinese and Russian names :/

I guess it means that lower level players are thinking twice on attacking, but what's the point if I'm a target for such high levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I played for a bit then realised it was utterly pointless. You can choose who you attack so you generally attack only those you can beat and you're attacked by people doing the same thing and the only time this changes is when you're in a clan war.

Tbh I was also sickened listening to the amount of money people are spending on this game. One fella lost his main account whilst dicking about with his phone and whilst he was waiting for Supercell to sort out the problem he spent around $300 levelling up from new. That's just stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

When you play these games, you decide from the off whether you're willing to spend a few quid on it, or not. And stick to a certain amount! If you go above it you're in danger of blowing a small fortune on it, as you broke too easily :D

Yeah, never spend more than you would on say, a PC game, I say. I usually buy a starter pack, especially if there's bonuses attached, for about €10 - and try only ever spend that amount on any one app game.

I see people on Clash of Lords 2 and Castle Clash blow well over a grand just to get ahead. Pure impatience mostly. All of these games are very possible to play and go far in, for free. It just takes a lot more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Anyone here have any clans to join or wanna make one? i've only been playing a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

This game has got excess 7 million downloads according to the Google Play Store. Is it as addictive as it seems? I'd love to try it out...

Yes Totally addictive. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Hi folks, can't believe a game of this popularity has such a paucity of posts on boards...incredible!

I'm kind of recruiting for my clan (or I should say clan that I'm a member of - I'm not the leader or anything)

Name is Anarchy Warlord and my IDusername is Gunzerker

ATM we war every 2nd day and really I'm looking for players from prob lv50+ who are interested in warring every other day or the last cycle we did was 5 days non-stop wars and a 2-3 day break for farming.

We have 20 or so solid members but every time we try to increase we end up getting people joining then leaving mid-war or not attacking at all, and it's a real pain.

It's an international clan and war times vary as we try to mix it up for the various timezones but they're a good bunch...useful engagiing chat and good donaters.

Donate and war are the key criteria...if interested look us up
    Our logo is yellow flame on a blue background iirc with about 25 or so members including my username

If you decide to ask to be invited just say gunz sent you and they'll accept or I will if I'm on...

Other than that I am happy to share war and farming strategies on here, I'm lv 85 or so now TH9 with Lv5 BK, Lv4 AQ, Lv6 Barbs/Archers/Giants/Balloons, Lv 5 Goblins/Wiz, Lv3 Dragons/Minions, Max Rage, Lv5 Lightning/Heal
    Farming at Gold I for me with Barb/Archer/Minion combo
    War I go 8 Dragons and 12 Balloons with either another Dragon in the castle or 5 Lv6 Giants to act as a meat shield - can 2 star pretty much all TH9's with some 3 stars and can 3 star most TH8's

Later

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

dory wrote: »
    I also can't find he boards.ie clan. I'm only level 15, just started playing. Would be interesting to see what other boardsies are up to. Not sure if I'd be any use in a war though.

I blinked and now I'm Level 61..... Slightly addictive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

How do you get in a boards clan, sick of these random ones, and you boardies are anything but random.....wait.....but.....nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm in a really active one if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

That would be great, please PM me and I'll join if possible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Just playing this the last few days, seems like fun.

Irish clan gd craic
    id is #2J2GVU8L

Nolars wrote: »
    Irish clan gd craic
    id is #2J2GVU8L

Sorry
    eire's army - #8GY22020
    location - ireland
    trophies - 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Nolars wrote: »
    Sorry
    eire's army - #8GY22020
    location - ireland
    trophies - 1000

i was going to join, but the state of some of those walls

donegal. wrote: »
    i was going to join, but the state of some of those walls

haha whos this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

so you haven't been kicked yet ?
    theres no Nolars in there so i'm gonna guess, Yuh?

Advertisement