Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I be involved? HELP!!!

• 19-09-2014 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello all,
    Just looking for some opinions and help on my situation.
    My parents separated about 6 months ago and over these months things have gotten increasingly intense. I am 17 years old and I have a sibling that is 12. We live with our mother and our father lives half an hour away.
    Over the past few months I have continually been involved and put in the middle of my parents situation. My mother has often shouted at me and tried to ram my fathers mistakes down my throat and had given me nasty messages to pass on to him, if I refuse to pass on the messages she tells me I cant live with her anymore. Each parent talks bad about the other in my presence and I feel as though I should choose a side and it is getting exhausting trying to please each parent. There is no reasoning with either of them and im still being brought into things that have absolutely nothing to do with me.

Is it right to tell your child your problems when going through a separation?
    Do children rights apply here?

Many thanks.

Should teens be involved in a separation? 0 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes
    It depends
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Sorry OP but per our charter no polls.
    Also this would appear to be more of a personal issue for you, suggest you try that forum, but read the charter there, it is strictly moderated and no polls are allowed either.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement