Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

beks101 wrote: »
    So I just took a stroll through a tiny organic foods shop down a side-street in Kensington in Toronto...and met an ex of mine from ELEVEN YEARS AGO. Who I last saw in a tennis club in Sligo when I was sixteen years old.

Ridiculous. And awkward. Really, really awkward :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ha! Yep I met my ex friend who f*cked my first boyfriend the night after our 3 year anniversary in Coyote Ugly in Vegas, ya can't go anywhere. I did also meet the dental nurse from my dentist on Richmond & Yonge at a random service station just outside Montreal, was *so* not expecting to hear "Hi Acoshla!" 1000's of miles from anywhere I knew, my friends were baffled :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Yup, the Haagen Dazs is scrumptious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Acoshla wrote: »
    It's the most amazingest thing in the whole world so it is.

On the topic of going places alone, I love going shopping on my own, absolutely hate when someone wants to come with me, other than my Mom, she's ok :p

Jane you've never been on a holiday? But how do you raise your core body temperature above Irish Freezing?? :eek::p

I need to try that ice-cream. :D

I love going shopping alone too I have to say, I find it more relaxing. Don't like going shopping with my mother because I get stressed when she's with me. I like going with my bf or my brother but that's about it. :)

No never been on a proper holiday. Don't even have a passport. I went to Inis Oirr a couple of times in school, that was about it. I actually really enjoyed it. I would love to go somewhere someday though. That may explain why my feet are always so cold tbh. :o

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »

I recommend you try it A.S.A.P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Picked up a new nail varnish today in a gorgeous colour, 'misty jade' according to the bottle. I usually avoid Rimmel products coz I always find them crap but decided to risk this one, should have stuck to my guns. It's the wateriest nail varnish I've ever come across, practically impossible to get any kind of even coverage! Still, it's a pretty colour so I shall persevere. But never again! :rolleyes:

3e54b65fa187eec3bf5766107d8a99a1.jpg

• Advertisement

I love going shopping alone too I have to say, I find it more relaxing. Don't like going shopping with my mother because I get stressed when she's with me. I like going with my bf or my brother but that's about it. :)

No never been on a proper holiday. Don't even have a passport. I went to Inis Oirr a couple of times in school, that was about it. I actually really enjoyed it. I would love to go somewhere someday though. That may explain why my feet are always so cold tbh. :o

I can only shop for two hours MAX before I'm bored and wanna go home so shopping with people is such a chore when they make me hang around longer.

I think I'd die without my passport. I've been out of the country for a least a day (and at the most 15 months) every year since I was 9. It was funny when I went to give blood for the first time last year. The nurse asked "Have you been abroad this year and where, please list", "Amsterdam, Tenerife in April, and again in September, Rome, UK..." :o I was thinking "please don't let there be somewhere I forgot and have to add" because she was looking at my funny :o:p This year I'm going to London & Birmingham but am hoping and praying that I might get to go to Toronto. We're driving across America for our honeymoon, can't wait!

Baileys ice cream is all gone, this makes me sad :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jAYSUS that was quick :-O

Acoshla, how long I shop depends where I'm shopping, what I'm shopping for and who I'm with. Hate shopping for clothes when I'm with people. I'm jealous, I'd love to get out of the country sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

For future reference, that baileys ice cream is amazing if you mash up raspberries and mix them together :)

It turns slightly pinkish and is just so nice!

• Advertisement

kate.m wrote: »
    For future reference, that baileys ice cream is amazing if you mash up raspberries and mix them together :)

It turns slightly pinkish and is just so amazing!

That sounds so good! :D

jAYSUS that was quick :-O

Mini tub maybe?
    Acoshla, how long I shop depends where I'm shopping, what I'm shopping for and who I'm with. Hate shopping for clothes when I'm with people. I'm jealous, I'd love to get out of the country sometime.

I had top shop for clothes with a friend last week, the torture! Went about 4 hours over my 2 hour limit.
    kate.m wrote: »

It turns slightly pinkish and is just so amazing!

Ew! So gross!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Long day... I'd kill for a cheesecake

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I usually avoid Rimmel products coz I always find them crap but decided to risk this one, should have stuck to my guns. It's the wateriest nail varnish I've ever come across, practically impossible to get any kind of even coverage! Still, it's a pretty colour so I shall persevere.
    Rimmel nail-polishes are usually crap! I got that Rimmel 'I love lasting finish' one in the colour Green Grass and it badly stained my fingers yellow, despite using it with a base coat. It took nearly a month for my nails to grow out and stop looking rotten, bleurgh.

I had top shop for clothes with a friend last week, the torture! Went about 4 hours over my 2 hour limit.

Oh my good God, I would not be able to cope with that! :eek:

Jane, you have to get a passport!
    1. It's handy for ID if you need to open a bank account, pay a bill, cash a cheque etc..
    2. What if you win a holiday in a competition and can't go because you've no passport!? :eek:

Oh, and add me to the 'shopping alone' list. I usually shop in my lunch break if I need clothes, since I work right off Grafton Street. But I could never shop with someone else. It sounds awful!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mini tub maybe?

!

I haven't seen mini tubs on sale in years,only the bigger one that cost nearly 6 euro :-O

Posy wrote: »
    Rimmel nail-polishes are usually crap! I got that Rimmel 'I love lasting finish' one in the colour Green Grass and it badly stained my fingers yellow, despite using it with a base coat. It took nearly a month for my nails to grow out and stop looking rotten, bleurgh.

Oh lord, I've just put three coats of this stuff on hoping it'd even out, time to get out the remover I think!! :eek:

Maybe it's just the 'Green Grass' shade though- I've heard of other people saying they got badly stained nails from that one too.
    I have the same Rimmel polish in yellow though, and that one did not stain my nails yellow!
    Weird. :confused:

Maybe it's just the 'Green Grass' shade though- I've heard of other people saying they got badly stained nails from that one too.
    I have the same Rimmel polish in yellow though, and that one did not stain my nails yellow!
    Weird. :confused:

I've got a coral colour in their 60second range that I actually find pretty good, i guess it's just hit and miss!

• Advertisement

My eyes are really itchy at the moment. I have a horrible feeling my eye condition may be flaring up. First and last time was when I was in college in second year and I would hate for it to happen again. I have a condition called blepharitis. Not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭kate.m

Ew! So gross!!

It's really good :) (unless you don't like raspberries...)
    Gross is that chocolate cream cheese I read about :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

1. It's handy for ID if you need to open a bank account, pay a bill, cash a cheque etc..
    2. What if you win a holiday in a competition and can't go because you've no passport!? :eek:

My OH didn't have a passport when I met him so a few years ago I made him go out and get one. Turns out he technicially didn't exist under his name (dispite being registered to vote under it). He was as "Male ****" on his birth cert. Legally had to get his name changed to get him a passport!!

I've never actually had the need for one. I opened my bank account in school and I have an age card and driver's licence if I need ID (even though I can't drive :rolleyes:) Still, I must get one. Can't hurt. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I kissed enough friggin frogs in my teens and twenties, never thought I'd be back here again. It's a game I have absolutely no interest in playing anymore, I have to say.

/bitter

Hun maybe its a bit too early for dating. You must be feeling pretty raw at the mo after all thats gone on with STBEH, especally the counselling recently. You need time to grieve for your relationship and to look after yourself:).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Oh God.

Aidan Gillen interviewing Lisa Hannigan on other voices. I think I may have squealed with delight. I want to squish them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I've never actually had the need for one. I opened my bank account in school and I have an age card and driver's licence if I need ID (even though I can't drive :rolleyes:) Still, I must get one. Can't hurt. :)

then just find someplace to go that needs it, holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tigger99 wrote: »
    Hun maybe its a bit too early for dating. You must be feeling pretty raw at the mo after all thats gone on with STBEH, especally the counselling recently. You need time to grieve for your relationship and to look after yourself:).

Oh totally. But I would really, really like a snog.

I have a nine hour shift and work tomorrow, followed by a three hour evening class. I won't be home until at least 10.30pm.. :(
    Guess that means that I better be off to bed, night all!

Have a great holiday, Krudler. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Oh totally. But I would really, really like a snog.

me too, as much as I like my own company I wouldnt mind that first kiss butterfly feeling, tis been a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement