Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW FIS Claims waiting periods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jenhards

i have just come off the phone and they r dealin wit the 29th november claims so ne thing b4 this date they should b processing the money so should get it soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Minicopper

I just rang there and the are workin on the 17th of January now!! Was told I wouldn't here anything till the middle of may!!! My letter is dated the 8th of feb!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Guzz

Minicopper wrote: »
    I just rang there and the are workin on the 17th of January now!! Was told I wouldn't here anything till the middle of may!!! My letter is dated the 8th of feb!!!

Minicopper, are you a renewal or first time applicant???

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭whats_happenin

That's good news if they are on Jan as they would of having a short month in Dec

Guzz wrote: »
    Minicopper wrote: »

Minicopper, are you a renewal or first time applicant???

First time applicant!!! The lady that I was speaking to said the are greeting through claims faster now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

we applied in December and the letter stating they had received it we got in the post in January

can i assume if they are on 17th of January that they have gotten to our application already? and if so how long is it normally before you would hear anything by way of a letter to say if you had been approved or not?

My date was the 2nd of December. I have heard nothing from them and i have recieved no money, as of yet......... :mad:. They seem to give diff dates pending on wo answers the phone. I rang earlier in the we and was told they were working on 23/11/11 and then a few days later they are on 17/01/12, i am a bit dubious(sp) that the info given on the phones is correct.

Yabadabado, can you shed any light?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 new user 85

Hi guys im a first time applicant. My confirmation letter was the 2nd of december. I received all my backdated money on friday. I just happened to check my account and it was there. I didnt receive any letters off fis but im sure they will send me out a letter next wk.

Anyone know what dates there on now

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The 19th of jan

• Advertisement

I phoned them yesterday. My letter is dated the 2nd of December, but was told on the phone that my date was the 8th?????? Anyway, she said they are working on the 8th of December at the mo........... and that i should hear something end of this week or early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I just rang there now and was told that my application that I sent in just before Christmas is with the social welfare inspector since the 19th ofApril and it would be processed as soon as it comes back but that it had been approved...can anyone tell me how much longer I should estimate the wait to be?

Any1 know what date they are on??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jenhards

have just come off the phone and have been told that my claim has gone 2 the supervisor...my date was the 7 th december..wasnt actually told what date they was on but will prob b round that date...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭susie05

Just wondering
    Dh started back to work 3 days per week & is going to apply for Fis..he is going to claim jsb for the other 3 days untill FIS is approved..can we do that??
    also i dont have p60 or anything like that as he was made redundant in the middle of 2011 so what do i do there?
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

susie05 wrote: »
    Just wondering
    Dh started back to work 3 days per week & is going to apply for Fis..he is going to claim jsb for the other 3 days untill FIS is approved..can we do that???
    TIA
    That can be done,FIS will do up the claim and decide if your're better off on FIS or Casual jsb .If you are better off on FIS they will contact you to close the jsb.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭susie05

Thank you for the quick reply.
    I was just thinking we might be better off on Fis as his Dole is taxable on top of his wages.
    We have 2 kids too.
    Do you know what i do because i dont have a p60 from last year or does it matter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Do you have to work over the 19 hours or is there any other way to get it ? My hours were cut last year to 17 a week and still no sign of getting more hours off them.

Have sent it through the form last month and HR did fill it out to say that there are sometimes extra hours available for me. Do you think it will be refused ?

michellie wrote: »
    Do you have to work over the 19 hours or is there any other way to get it ? My hours were cut last year to 17 a week and still no sign of getting more hours off them.

Have sent it through the form last month and HR did fill it out to say that there are sometimes extra hours available for me. Do you think it will be refused ?
    It will be refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

yabadabado wrote: »
    michellie wrote: »

It will be refused.

Feck it anyway.

• Advertisement

Just rang they are on the 23/01/12 now

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

is a claim backdated to the time you start work or to the time they receive your application ?

is a claim backdated to the time you start work or to the time they receive your application ?
    the time they receive your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

My acknowedgement later is dated 20th December and i havnt heard anything yet!!
    Should i ring them, or what should u do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nujbvi0pwref8c

Quick question on this.
    I'm on maternity leave- getting €270 per week, have two kids, my husband has no earnings - self employed- no work, not entitled to benefits.
    Can we claim FIS?
    Can it be back dated to when I started maternity leave?
    When I return to work, with waitin time for applications, can I still get it if entitled to for the weeks before I go back to work, when I go back to work I ll be above the €602.
    Thanks

Quick question on this.
    I'm on maternity leave- getting €270 per week, have two kids, my husband has no earnings - self employed- no work, not entitled to benefits.
    Can we claim FIS?
    Can it be back dated to when I started maternity leave?
    When I return to work, with waitin time for applications, can I still get it if entitled to for the weeks before I go back to work, when I go back to work I ll be above the €602.
    Thanks
    Were you working until you started maternity leave?If you were you can apply for FIS.You will need to get your employer to fill out the application with the last 4 weeks before you started MAT and FIS take an average of work and MATas your income.

FIS don't usually backdate claims without a genuine reason and not knowing you were entitled to it doesn't count.

FIS is based on your income at the time of application ,so if your under the limit then its set for 52 weeks.Returning to work and earning more wont effect this.

If your spouse is self employed ,it will be sent to an inspector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭nujbvi0pwref8c

Yes I was working full time, 40 hrs week, before maternity leave.
    Will get it all sent in ASAP

Thanks for advice yabadabado

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Lovephones

Anyone know what date they are on now
    ive been trying to contact them by phone for the last couple of days but the number is just ringing out , my date on the letter is 28 feb

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

Lovephones wrote: »
    Anyone know what date they are on now
    ive been trying to contact them by phone for the last couple of days but the number is just ringing out , my date on the letter is 28 feb

According to this thread there on 23/2/12 TOT renewals. There supposed to have a phonebank there , so unless your ringing a wrong number there should be no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭midlands1

My acknowedgement later is dated 20th December and i havnt heard anything yet!!
    Should i ring them, or what should u do?

Ring them

Advertisement