Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help Please, Bass and Amp question!

• 24-12-2004 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

hi, i have an aria pro 2 bass (wooden finish) and a custom sound solid state technology, 700 series amp. i used to play quite alot but have stopped over the past couple of years. the other day i went to hook everything up and play but realised i was missing some leads.i need to get the power adapter cord to plug in my amp and need a couple of leads here and there to hook everything else up.i was wondering if anyone would know where i could get one (dublin). the connection at the back is a 3 pronged one into the amp.

thanks in advance for any help at all..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Is it the same as the lead going into your kettle (or PC) for the power?

Any guitar shop should be able to supply you with the leads which go from the bass to the amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

eh its not the same as the kettle adapter but youre on the right lines. i have no idea where i would get one... its an old amp so i doubt it would be very easy to find one

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Most amps have the same power cable as a computer or kettle as the doc said. There should be loads of those cables in electrical shops and computer shops.

Edit: Ooops, didn't see the other post :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Hmmmm, can you take a pic of the connection on the back of the amp?

eh well funnily enough my girlfriends sister bought me a lil digital camera for xmas (i got it out of my girlf) so ill try and do that when i get it up and running...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,496 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A friend of mine had the same situation. He was rooting through his attic and found a very old guitar amp head and cab, complete with wood and brass finish with soft covering on the cab. Himself and his family don't know where it came from, but he tried hooking it up but there was no power cable, and it didnt use the usual three-prong power cable, so he just put everything away again. This guy lives 60 miles away so i wasnt able to look at it, but to me it sounds very valuable if you could get it working.

whats very valuable?the amp or just the musical pleasure of playing again.ive really got the itch to get back into it i must say. dont know what ill do about this, might try a computer store or somewhere like that.or peats maybe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

If you're really stuck for a power cable, you could always try re-wiring the power input on the amp to fit an ordinary 3-pin plug that's used on most amps/kettles/computers and so on. Shouldn't be hard at all, provided you've got a soldering iron handy.

dont think that ones an option karl. ill just have a look in town and stuff for one of the connections. thanks for the help everyone

Advertisement