Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 12 Captain

Options
  • 16-11-2014 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Looks like straight forward choice between Aguero and Costa, I guess Aguero is the form player and the only city player scoring. Although I'm tempted to captain costa because I know the guy winning my work league will captain Aguero, Decisions Decisions?

Who will you captain in GW 12 181 votes

Sanchez home to Manutd
    0%
    Costa home to Westbrom
    2%
    F1ngersWoollyRedHatCrash Bang WallIrish Aris 4 votes
    Baines home to Westham
    37%
    garSkySterIagoDelboy5dave13bohsmanBulmersWombatmanSparkomailburner[Deleted User]leonardsBeanmachinebanteeInvincibleredarmyharpstilidieTony_MontanaOwlsZatciantheod 67 votes
    Aguero home to Swansea
    1%
    mirwillbebackDubliner28jamesbondings 3 votes
    Hazard home to Westbrom
    55%
    Miguel_SanchezTacTthe whole year innsionnachShaque attackSooner or Later[Deleted User]LeNNoXPOKERKINGrock whoreLemlinRikandzarquonpatmacArmaniJeanssGLaDOSRoonboxNalzronan.hbig_show 101 votes
    Pelle away to Astonvilla
    2%
    TimeToShineMocha JoeP.WalnutsFensonAbihsot 5 votes
    other
    0%
    patrickc 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hazard home to Westbrom
    I'm thinking Aguero and I think the concentration will be largely between him and Costa but surely there are more than 6 relevant choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

aguero c Costa vc
    Costa c aguero vc
    whichever way I go it will be the wrong way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Captain choices are really hurting me this season. I'll give Aguero the armband and maybe leave it with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Captain choices are really hurting me this season. I'll give Aguero the armband and maybe leave it with him.

I think Aguero is nearing default captain status.

In 11 GWs, he has only failed to score in three.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Aguero barring injury will be my captain for the next few Gameweeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Hard to pass Aguero. Have a serious urge to go with Hazard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Man City at home and Swansea without Fernandez makes Agüero an easy choice. Helps that I don't have Costa :pac:. Hazard(vc)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

There's a serious urge to captain Hazard for this one but Aguero at home at the moment is hard to look past.

Costa, Pelle and Sanchez are all worthy options too but I'll make do with simply having them.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    There's a serious urge to captain Hazard for this one but Aguero at home at the moment is hard to look past.

Costa, Pelle and Sanchez are all worthy options too but I'll make do with simply having them.

If we're having like minded urges we better avoid interacting for the rest of the week. It can only end badly. :) ....cough. ...jovetic...cough....

FHFC wrote: »
    If we're having like minded urges we better avoid interacting for the rest of the week. It can only end badly. :) ....cough. ...jovetic...cough....

Hon the eejits is what I say :)

It'll take a lot of persuasion to move it off Aguero but will get the VC at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard home to Westbrom

I was involved in that then costa was supposedly injured had made an early transfer to get in jovetic. I then ended up playing my wildcard getting rid of costa dropped 750k places over the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hon the eejits is what I say :)

It'll take a lot of persuasion to move it off Aguero but will get the VC at least

I shouldn't have logged in!

I'm tempted by the Eden but could you Adam n Eve it if that little snake Kun grabbed a hattrick!

Don't know what got me all biblical with my puns there.... Probably utter boredom. Roll on next week.

It's Aguero for me, on his form it should be an "Always Captain" case, his crazy low ownership is the only thing holding that back.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    PARlance wrote: »

I'm tempted by the Eden but could you Adam n Eve it if that little snake Kun grabbed a hattrick!

Don't know what got me all biblical with my puns there.... Probably utter boredom. Roll on next week.

It's Aguero for me, on his form it should be an "Always Captain" case, his crazy low ownership is the only thing holding that back.

I'll be having a good look at the stats and the ffs captain article. I recall reading that Swansea have conceded a lot less chances than most teams, although it may be a home stat.

I'll be having a good look at the stats and the ffs captain article. I recall reading that Swansea have conceded a lot less chances than most teams, although it may be a home stat.

It might be the other way around if it's that stats I posted earlier in the week:

- Swansea have allowed their opponents 162 shots this season - almost double Arsenal's record - and yet have conceded fewer goals (11) than every team barring Southampton.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hazard home to Westbrom

He has low ownership overall but in the top 10k nearly everyone has him now.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    It might be the other way around if it's that stats I posted earlier in the week:

- Swansea have allowed their opponents 162 shots this season - almost double Arsenal's record - and yet have conceded fewer goals (11) than every team barring Southampton.

That's the one I was mis-remembering all right. Decision made so.

That's the one I was mis-remembering all right. Decision made so.

I seem to recall that there was a positive stat, but afaik it was to do with home games. Only 3 conceded up until a few weeks ago iirc

I was involved in that then costa was supposedly injured had made an early transfer to get in jovetic. I then ended up playing my wildcard getting rid of costa dropped 750k places over the next 2 weeks.

same :(

I seem to recall that there was a positive stat, but afaik it was to do with home games. Only 3 conceded up until a few weeks ago iirc

Just checked, they had kept 2 CS's in 4 at home before Arsenal.
    4 goals conceded in 5 home games now.
    They conceded 4 against Chelsea away and have been letting a fair few in on the road.

Just checked, they had kept 2 CS's in 4 at home before Arsenal.
    4 goals conceded in 5 home games now.
    They conceded 4 against Chelsea away and have been letting a fair few in on the road.
    if I don't sign Bony I'm doubling up on them for their nice run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Baines home to Westham
    Costa for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Baines home to Westham
    Costaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Aguero
    Don't have Costa but if I did I'd still go for Aguero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Aguero. Tempted by Sanchez as well though, I can see him running rings around Uniteds defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hmmm... Interesting.

FFS poll have Diego Costa 41.3% vs Aguero 39.5%. Tight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hazard home to Westbrom
    I'll go with Sergio

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Aguero home to Swansea
    Costa

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hazard home to Westbrom
    iroced wrote: »
    Hmmm... Interesting.

FFS poll have Diego Costa 41.3% vs Aguero 39.5%. Tight.
    I think that is symptomatic of how much an influence we all have on each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Baines home to Westham
    I can see myself switching between aguero and Costa many times before Saturday..main rival has aguero but doesn't have Costa so I may play it safe and pick aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Interesting difference of opinion on the "predictors" FFS has Aguero marginally ahead of Costa whereas new boys Fantasy Football Fix have it firmly favouring Costa oat 7.5 with Aguero on 6.2. I plan on going Aguero over Costa myself.

Advertisement