Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 12 Transfers.

• 08-11-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭

With the International break coming up, no panic on transfers, thinking of Sterling and Marney out as of now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Possibly none depending on injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

will be shipping out mannone, don't know for who yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Hoping to bank and then have 2FT to start moving out my Southampton players but depends on how the gameweek goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Need to decide what to do with Welbeck but don't think getting rid of him before he plays United would be a good idea, He should be fired up. Might bank it and see what happens.

Bank it hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

will be shipping out mannone, don't know for who yet

Same. Assuming Mannone doesnt start this week then ive only 10 players

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Hoping to bank it. Have a couple of concerns at the back in Moore and Hutton though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I need a 4 mil defender to replace Moore. I have 4.1 mil and already have Wisdom and Dummett. Any recommendations?

My other two defenders are Chambers and Naylor and keeper is Forster.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    I need a 4 mil defender to replace Moore. I have 4.1 mil and already have Wisdom and Dummett. Any recommendations?

Yun of QPR. 3.9

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Villa defender - some nice games coming up

Edit - just realised villa defenders are 4.5+, assumed they were all around button's range.

• Advertisement

Yun for QPR is only 3.9 and has played the last 3 games. Don't know how assured he is of his place though..

Edit: Just saw KevIrl's post!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭G1032

I have to sell PVA...

Goalie is Fabianski
    Other defenders are Baines, Coloccini, Wisdom and Robertson (who appears to have lost his place in Hull starting 11)

I have 5.0m itb.
    Any recommendations? Chambers seems the obvious choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Will probably do rooney back to costa a gamble that backfired as rooney is now more or less a midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Having taken an 8 point hit this week there's no obvious transfers sticking out for me! Ill wait until the internationals are out of the way and reassess things then if anyone gets injured but barring that i'll be banking the transfer!

Will probably do rooney back to costa a gamble that backfired as rooney is now more or less a midfielder.

That move for Rooney has been coming for a long time now. I thought United should have done it a couple of seasons ago when RVP signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That move for Rooney has been coming for a long time now. I thought United should have done it a couple of seasons ago when RVP signed.

I think they would be better playing him up top over rvp. Rvp seems to be on the downward slope.Anyway I should have listened to the advice I got on here about not panicking to get Utd attacking coverage from yourself and a few others.

Yun for QPR is only 3.9 and has played the last 3 games. Don't know how assured he is of his place though..

Edit: Just saw KevIrl's post!
    KevIRL wrote: »
    Yun of QPR. 3.9

Cheers lads. He looks a good shout. Might hold off until after the next game to make sure he keeps his place when Ferdinand returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

As bad as our midfield woes have been and continue to be, Rooney shouldn't be near midfield imo. It's some type of media pipe dream that the lad is capable of player there. He can't. He's one dimensional.

If United dropped him for Mata it would make Mata a great FPL prospect. Him
    and ADM supplying RVP, Falcao or Rooney would be tasty.

PARlance wrote: »
    As bad as our midfield woes have been and continue to be, Rooney shouldn't be near midfield imo. It's some type of media pipe dream that the lad is capable of player there. He can't. He's one dimensional.

If United dropped him for Mata it would make Mata a great FPL prospect. Him
    and ADM supplying RVP, Falcao or Rooney would be tasty.

I don't agree re Rooney. I think he could do a job in midfield, certainly against weaker opposition.

I do agree about Mata. He should be playing IMO, in his preferred position. I'd even play him ahead of Rooney.

Van Gaal has a big call to make. He needs to drop RVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't agree re Rooney. I think he could do a job in midfield, certainly against weaker opposition.

I do agree about Mata. He should be playing IMO, in his preferred position. I'd even play him ahead of Rooney.

Van Gaal has a big call to make. He needs to drop RVP.

I wouldn't drop RVP, he's the perfect type of player to feed of Mata. Both "intelligent" footballers.

Rooney on the other hand is "instinctive"... He could still do a good job up front but I still maintain he is nowhere near good enough for a midfield role. He's good on the break, when he hasn't the opportunity to think, but that's about it.
    Whenever he does ok in CM, it's blown out of proportion by the media. If a player like Joe Allen or Carrick were making the same passes it would go without mention.

I've watched all our games this season and I don't think there's even a sliver of hope that he'll work out deep.

Until he's dropped (or upfront) and Mata comes in, ADM is the only player worth touching imo.

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    I have to sell PVA...

Goalie is Fabianski
    Other defenders are Baines, Coloccini, Wisdom and Robertson (who appears to have lost his place in Hull starting 11)

I have 5.0m itb.
    Any recommendations? Chambers seems the obvious choice?

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Invincible

PARlance wrote: »
    I wouldn't drop RVP, he's the perfect type of player to feed of Mata. Both "intelligent" footballers.

Rooney on the other hand is "instinctive"... He could still do a good job up front but I still maintain he is nowhere near good enough for a midfield role. He's good on the break, when he hasn't the opportunity to think, but that's about it.
    Whenever he does ok in CM, it's blown out of proportion by the media. If a player like Joe Allen or Carrick were making the same passes it would go without mention.

I've watched all our games this season and I don't think there's even a sliver of hope that he'll work out deep.

Until he's dropped (or upfront) and Mata comes in, ADM is the only player worth touching imo.

I'd have to agree with you on this, Rooney's talent seems to have burned out a couple of years now, just the fact that he's English creates all the hype about him.

Any ideas?

Taylor 4.7 Swansea

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Any ideas?

Duff would save you £s and Burnley have good fixtures coming up.

Invincible wrote: »
    Taylor 4.7 Swansea

That's a double up on Swansea defence? Good idea?

That's a double up on Swansea defence? Good idea?

How about Alderweireld for Southampton

Invincible wrote: »
    How about Alderweireld for Southampton

Ya. I was thinking of him but I'd wait until after their tricky run I think. Definitely an option though.

Any sense in going for Caulker of QPR now? They seem to be playing decent enough lately although only the one cleanie I think. Couldn't be any worse than PVA I suppose?

Austin has leapt to the top of the Welbeck replacement list. Would expect him to rise over the international break so he could be £6m by the time GW12 kicks off. His fixtures until Christmas are decent for the most part:

Newcastle (A)
    Leicester (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Burnley (H)
    Everton (A)
    West Brom (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Crystal Palace (H)
    Swansea (H)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Welbeck and Cesc to Austin and Sanchez on the cards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Are Aguero and Costa must haves?

It's difficult to afford both and have Sanchez also.

Advertisement