Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Signs you're a FPL addict - Boarsie edition - Please read first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FantasyYIRMA

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm robbing the excellent idea from FantasYIRMA article to see what are the signs from a boarsie perspective...

Thanks for adding - some cracking responses

I think I had to reflect on exactly how many of the original 27 i nodded my head and agreed with - frightening!

Thanks again for adding - the article has had a great response an it's great to see folk running with it and posting their additions - I'm sure there's 100s more out there.

All the best,

FY

Sitting in a Car park whilst the Mrs is in Tesco's listening to a Hull game in the hope of a clean sheet has also left me questioning myself!! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

when... you have 4 different women FPL games on the go, and are trying desperately to keep them all happy...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

...Saturday mornings 10.30 - 11.30 are the most stressful part of your week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

When someone on boards mentions a new FPL related website (eg. FF Fix) that you haven't heard of, and you panic, thinking 'oh crap, EVERYONE has a HUGE advantage over me.' And you then spend the next hour trawling through this new website trying to 'catch up'!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

...when you are 2 miles into a 19 mile run and you spend the next 9 miles checking the score in the Liverpool - Arsenal game because you don't any attacking Pool players and are sh!tting yourself because they are running riot after 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭dublinhead

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
    I wonder often if carlcon still plays the game and lurks here

Was checking out the Boards.ie FSA league table there a couple of weeks ago and spotted his name, just checked there and he is in 116th place in the league!

I had a great battle with carlcon for the 2011/12 season, for the top of the boards.ie league. I won on the last day of the season thanks to aguero. He finished 251 in the world. I finished 227. Good player of the game. He was the Lemlin of the day!

You know you are addicted to FPL when you can't wait for snow/ice at christmas and knowing which clubs have undersoil heating gives you an advantage!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

when van aanholt assists a goal and you shriek with delight only for a few minutes later to squeal in anguish when he injures himself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

...when you're more interested in the foreign commentary streams you have set-up featuring the relegation fodder, praying for clean sheets because you cunningly have some of their 4.0 defenders in your Fantasy team instead of your own team playing in HD on the main TV in front of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dublinhead wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevIRL View Post
    I wonder often if carlcon still plays the game and lurks here

Was checking out the Boards.ie FSA league table there a couple of weeks ago and spotted his name, just checked there and he is in 116th place in the league!

I had a great battle with carlcon for the 2011/12 season, for the top of the boards.ie league. I won on the last day of the season thanks to aguero. He finished 251 in the world. I finished 227. Good player of the game. He was the Lemlin of the day!

You know you are addicted to FPL when you can't wait for snow/ice at christmas and knowing which clubs have undersoil heating gives you an advantage!

I was third that season. Had Aguero captain and was in a City pub in Manchester on a stag - what a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Been there done that! She is 3 months old now so that has stopped in the last week or so.
    When doing a night feed with the baby you get excited that there is a new post in the price change thread at 330 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

.....or running her over with the trolley because she has stopped to root around the back of a shelf looking for the longest best before date on a tin of beans while you are on autopilot with head buried in the phone
    Lemlin wrote: »
    You know you're addicted to FPL when:

A shopping trip on a Saturday or Sunday usually ends in your wife losing the plot because you are walking 4-5 steps behind her, trying to keep up while reading your phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭dahat

When you look for bonus points after lasting beyond your usual ejaculation point.......

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

When you volunteer to jump out of bed to feed the baby at night just to have a look at price rises!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When I find my self cheering on Man Utd, City, and Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

....when you and another seemingly sane and mature adult and parent trade insults on an Internet forum ahead of a H2H match. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

When doing a night feed with the baby you get excited that there is a new post in the price change thread at 330 in the morning.

You should reset your alarm clocks as the changes are at 2am now;)

Might not be as easy as it sounds when you have to reset your baby's clock too.

Edit:

You're an FPL addict when you try to change your kids eating routine to fit it into price change updates

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

When your key phone charging time is 2.05 to 3 pm, Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

you use the word "algorithm" on a daily basis despite having no idea what it actually means!:confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Nah, that just means you work in IT.

...when you see 'Cahill goal / Matic assist' and your first thought is "what kinda pointless f***ing goal is that! "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

From a full battery to half in 90 mins, due to checking out here, sofa score, and FFFix.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Settling down to watch a match on TV and hoping it's a boring 0-0 draw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

When you're on a girl's night out and you borrow your friend's laptop to check your updated rankings. Don't think I managed to convert any of my friends to the game. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

On the Sunday evening before an international break you say to yourself 'There's almost 2 weeks to the next deadline, and your team is in good shape, so you should take a 1 week break from all things FPL.' The next morning the first thing you do is log onto Boards to see if there's any updates on anything!

On the Sunday evening before an international break you say to yourself 'There's almost 2 weeks to the next deadline, and your team is in good shape, so you should take a 1 week break from all things FPL.' The next morning the first thing you do is log onto Boards to see if there's any updates on anything!

I lasted till 9.15 myself......proud of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Making an early transfer in an international week, followed by checking the South Korea squad to see if he's been called up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

...you spend the first hour in work creating graphs and stats for a league that you've got no chance in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

You witness the most beautiful goal you have ever seen and the first thing you think is 'who got the assist?'

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

You get annoyed at flashscore for not telling you who won the penalty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

menoscemo wrote: »
    You witness the most beautiful goal you have ever seen and the first thing you think is 'who got the assist?'

So much this!!

Advertisement