Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying fireworks in the North or South??

Options
  • 11-09-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can anyone tell me where the best place to buy fireworks is?? I'm from tipp so I'm wondering can I get any at markets down south or will I have to go up north??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

It is illegal to purchase or set off fireworks in Ireland without a licence to do so

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_offences/the_law_on_fireworks.html
    Under the amended legislation the following are offences:
    •If you ignite a firework or cause it to be ignited in any place, you are guilty of an offence. The offence of igniting a firework can take place anywhere and not just in a public place. It can include the garden of a private house.
    •If you throw, direct or propel an ignited firework at or towards someone else or at property, you are guilty of an offence.
    •If you have a firework with the intention of selling or supplying it to someone else (and you don't hold a licence to import it) you are guilty of an offence.

If you are found guilty of any of the above offences you are liable:
    •On summary conviction (in the District Court) to a class C fine or to imprisonment for up to 6 months or to both.
    •On conviction on indictment (in the Circuit Court) to a maximum fine of €10,000 or to imprisonment for up to 5 years or to both.

The offences mentioned above are arrestable offences because they carry a possible 5 year jail sentence. Therefore the Gardaí have the power to arrest you without warrant if they reasonably suspect you of having committed such an offence. They can also detain you in a Garda station for questioning for up to 12 hours before you are charged with the offence or released.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

^ what Caff said

Thread Closed as the answer is pretty clear cut.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement