Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GK selection

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Krul is my first choice so who's the better rotation option:

Mannone or Ben Foster?

Mannone rotates perfectly, but is he first choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Krul is my first choice so who's the better rotation option:

Mannone or Ben Foster?

They both rotate very well. I looked at having Krul and Foster for a while and their fixtures were very good for the first 8 or 9 weeks.

Ultimately I've just gone with Krul and a 4.0m keeper. Krul has very good fixtures for the first 8 or 9 GWs (GW1 aside).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

They both rotate very well. I looked at having Krul and Foster for a while and their fixtures were very good for the first 8 or 9 weeks.

Ultimately I've just gone with Krul and a 4.0m keeper. Krul has very good fixtures for the first 8 or 9 GWs (GW1 aside).

Bit risky, no? you're looking at up to and including gw8, and even then you're only looking at 3 home games with any realistic chance of clean sheets. i can understand the temptation to save a mil or so going with this strategy, though can't see myself taking that route!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

De Gea and 4.0m for me. Only 3 weeks out of the 1st 12 i would not play De Gea and rotation options aren't great for those weeks so the extra 0.5 saved on the sub GK is better spent else where as it allows me to do Giroud to Costa. Giroud will do ok but Costa is looking like he could be a beast for Chelsea and i fear not having him especially with their kind opening fixtures.

manual_man wrote: »
    Bit risky, no? you're looking at up to and including gw8, and even then you're only looking at 3 home games with any realistic chance of clean sheets. i can understand the temptation to save a mil or so going with this strategy, though can't see myself taking that route!

Well, maybe a bit risky. I do have 0.5m in the bank, so I maybe use that to get Foster/Mannone.

But I don't see the united defence as a rock of stability either (though they do have nice fixtures too), a few new players plus a new formation. And DDG + 4.0m will cost me a million more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

manual_man wrote: »

3 clean sheets out of 8 would be very good/excellent in my eyes. 3/8 = 37.5%
    35-42% seems to be the best you can expect from the top clubs.
    I've yet to hear of any rotations that beat that return either.

Over the first 8 GWs, due to his fixtures, I rate Krul to be up there as one of the best choices.

I think 1m spent elsewhere should certainly bring a better return.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

If doing this go krul elliot which is what I'm doing as if krul gets banned injured elliot will play.

If doing this go krul elliot which is what I'm doing as if krul gets banned injured elliot will play.

But then I won't have the wonderfully named Ben Hamer in my team, and won't be able to used Hamer-ific puns throughout the season!

But yes, that's a very sensible suggestion!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

PARlance wrote: »

Over the first 8 GWs, due to his fixtures, I rate Krul to be up there as one of the best choices.

we'll see. have gone and changed De Gea/4.0M to Green/Speroni. not entirely convinced at-this-particular-moment-in-time but they do rotate very well and are 2 good punts for clean sheets at home vs the non-top teams

PARlance wrote: »

That's my target 2 or 3 clean sheets in the first 8 games for 8.5 and I'd be happy he also will pick up save points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Begovic or Krul plus a sh*tty 4.0 keeper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I see Pantilimon has signed for Sunderland. Has there been any indication to whether Mannone is first choice again? He was a points machine in the second half of last season. Can't believe he's 4.5m again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Forster & Schmeichel for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Right. I had a thorough look at goalkeepers stats over the 11 GWs already played. Now that we’re heading towards the Christmas period it may be interesting to couple that with the fixtures list to try and help choosing the best suitable GK to your team. Mr. P. already posted food for thought on the GK/def selection for this period here so I guess this will complement it. My analysis was only focused on the GKs but I presume some of these data can be used for def.

Since it’ll be a pretty long post, I’m gonna split it in two.
    • In the first one I’ll have a look at the overall figures. So if you plan on having one good playing GK that’s the stats you want.
    • In the second one, I’ll deal with the home/away figures. So if you plan on rotating 2 keepers, that’s the numbers to study ;).

I've just made a few comments not to make this already long post a never-ending monster :o. Feel free to add in your owns ;)

Table 1: Overall Points & CS (only > 30 points & > or = 3 CS included)
    Goalkeepers | played | Pts | | | Goalkeepers | played | CS
    Forster | 11 | 51 | | | Forster | 11 | 7
    Fabianski | 11 | 45 | | | Fabianski | 11 | 5
    Lloris | 11 | 43 | | | Foster | 10 | 4
    Heaton | 11 | 40 | | | Heaton | 11 | 4
    De Gea | 11 | 40 | | | Guzan | 11 | 4
    Hart | 10 | 39 | | | Krul | 11 | 4
    Guzan | 11 | 38 | | | Hart | 10 | 3
    Krul | 11 | 37 | | | Courtois | 10.3 | 3
    Foster | 10 | 36 | | | Szczesny | 11 | 3
    Speroni | 10.6 | 35 | | | De Gea | 11 | 3
    Courtois | 10.3 | 33 | | | Howard | 11 | 3
    Adrián | 11 | 33 | | | Lloris | 11 | 3
    Mignolet | 11 | 33
    Szczesny | 11 | 33
    Green | 10 | 31

Apart from Forster incredible 7 CS out of 11 games, this table shows that the difference between a big club GK and a budget one is very small. Many £8.5m “small” team GK combo performed similar or better than biggies (e.g. Burnley’s Heaton/Gilks, AV’s Guzan/Given, Newcastle’s Krul/Elliot, WB’s Foster/Myhill (add Myhill 2 pts to Foster’s total here) and to a lesser extent QPR’s Green/McCarthy – only Leicester’s Schmeichel/Hamer despite Hamer’s 8 pts were not as prolific). In addition they most have decent fixtures during the Christmas period (just Burnley don’t have a nice run and WBA play 3 away games out of 4 though you’ll see in my next post that Foster’s been doing better away).

It’s also worth noting that some biggies did better overall than the general impression they gave (e.g. De Gea & Hart are only 1 CS away from Fabianski). City fixtures during the Christmas period are extremely favourable (3 home games out of 4 in 10 days, Hart could be a safe option then).

Table 2: Overall saves & pts gotten from saves (only > or = 3 included)
    Goalkeepers | played | saves | pts from saves | | | Goalkeepers | played | saves | pts from saves
    Green | 10 | 40 | 10 | | | Speroni | 10.6 | 29 | 6
    Adrián | 11 | 38 | 9 | | | Krul | 11 | 24 | 5
    Heaton | 11 | 33 | 8 | | | De Gea | 11 | 24 | 5
    Mannone | 9 | 30 | 8 | | | Hart | 10 | 23 | 5
    Fabianski | 11 | 31 | 7 | | | Szczesny | 11 | 26 | 5
    Lloris | 11 | 31 | 7 | | | Foster | 10 | 26 | 4
    Courtois | 10.3 | 26 | 7 | | | Howard | 11 | 20 | 3
    Mignolet | 11 | 29 | 7 | | | Begovic | 11 | 15 | 3
    Schmeichel | 10 | 35 | 7 | | | McGregor | 6 | 19 | 3
    Guzan | 11 | 34 | 6 | | | Forster | 11 | 18 | 2top 10 ....................................................... 11 -> 20

In terms of saves, don’t count on Forster for that! It seems it’s double or quits with him. It’s either a CS or nothing.
    Also we see the downfall of FPL defensive form of Stoke with Begovic bad rank (despite an impressive efficiency with only 6 “wasted” saves). Courtois is even more efficient with only 5 “wasted” saves.
    Green impressive return is noteworthy: 1 pt/game from saves on average.

Table 3: Overall goals conceded & pts loss from them (ordered by ascending overall pts loss)
    Goalkeepers | played | conceded | -1 | -2 | -3 | -4 | | | Goalkeepers | played | conceded | -1 | -2 | -3 | -4
    Forster | 11 | 5 | 1 | | | | | | Foster | 10 | 13 | 6 | | |
    Courtois | 10.3 | 11 | 2 | | | | | | Krul | 11 | 15 | 4 | 1 | |
    Hart | 10 | 10 | 3 | | | | | | Lloris | 11 | 16 | 4 | 1 | |
    Begovic | 11 | 13 | 3 | | | | | | Guzan | 11 | 16 | 6 | | |
    Fabiansky | 11 | 11 | 2 | 1 | | | | | Mannone | 9 | 17 | 3 | | | 1
    De Gea | 11 | 14 | 2 | 1 | | | | | Howard | 11 | 18 | 4 | | 1 |
    Adrián | 11 | 14 | 4 | | | | | | Schmeichel | 10 | 18 | 7 | |
    Mignolet | 11 | 15 | 4 | | | | | | Heaton | 11 | 19 | 5 | 1 | |
    McGregor | 6 | 11 | 3 | 1 | | | | | Speroni | 10.6 | 19 | 8 | | |
    Szczesny | 11 | 13 | 5 | | | | | | Green | 10 | 19 | 5 | 2 | | top 10 ....................................................... 11 -> 20

Here, we see again the impressive form of Southampton’s Forster. Only 1 pt deducted from goals conceded out of 11 games. That could well be a premiere couldn’t it?
    As expected big teams keepers are among the top ones (Courtois, Hart, De Gea…). In the end, the fact that they do concede little may turn out to be very profitable FF-wise if they up their form and/or when they’ll face a favourable run of fixtures.

It’s also interesting to see how deceptive the actual pitch result can sometimes be for translating into FF points. e.g. Begovic and Mignolet are among the best defences of the league, but table 1 shows how badly ranked they are overall. The old saying “it’s better to lose once 5-0 than 5 times 1-0“ is particularly true FF-wise :p.

Table 4: Total Points - home/away (top 10 ; top 20 ; and beyond)
    Goalkeepers | played | home points | | Goalkeepers | played | away points ||| Goalkeepers | played | home points | | Goalkeepers | played | away points
    Forster | 6 | 33 | | Foster | 5 | 25 ||| Mignolet | 6 | 20 | | Courtois | 6 | 16
    De Gea | 6 | 27 | | Guzan | 6 | 25 ||| Krul | 5 | 19 | | Heaton | 5 | 15
    Fabianski | 6 | 26 | | Lloris | 5 | 21 ||| Courtois | 4.3 | 17 | | Begovic| 6 | 15
    Speroni | 5 | 26 | | Fabianski | 5 | 19 ||| Mannone | 5 | 15 | | Howard | 6 | 15
    Heaton | 6 | 25 | | Forster | 5 | 18 ||| Szczesny | 5 | 15 | | Mannone | 4 | 14
    Adrián | 6 | 24 | | Krul | 6 | 18 ||| Begovic | 5 | 15 | | De Gea | 5 | 13
    Green | 5 | 23 | | Szczesny | 6 | 18 ||| Guzan | 5 | 13 | | Mignolet | 5 | 13
    Lloris | 6 | 22 | | Hart | 5 | 17 ||| Howard | 5 | 13 | | Schmeichel | 5 | 11
    Hart | 5 | 22 | | McGregor | 3 | 17 ||| Foster | 5 | 11 | | Speroni | 5.6 | 9
    | | | | | | ||| | | | | | |
    | | | | | | ||| Schmeichel | 5 | 9 | | Adrián | 5 | 9
    | | | | | | ||| Harper | 1 | 6 | | Jakupovic | 1.5 | 9
    | | | | | | ||| Cech | 0.7 | 6 | | Hamer | 1 | 8
    | | | | | | ||| McGregor | 3 | 4 | | Green | 5 | 8
    | | | | | | ||| Pantilimon | 1 | 4 | | Harper | 1.5 | 4
    | | | | | | ||| Jakupovic | 1 | 2 | | Caballero | 1 | 2
    | | | | | | ||| Myhill | 1 | 2 | | Pantilimon | 1 | 1
    | | | | | | ||| McCarthy | 1 | 2 | | Hennessey | 0.4 | 1

What strikes me at first glance is Green good home form and Foster and Guzan great away form.

For people interested in home/away rotations, this table brings interesting food for thought (e.g. forget about WBA & AV since they’ll get you away big pts while probably on your bench). On the other hand, QPR’s Green, WH’s Adrián and CP’s Speroni are the ones to play at home and to bench away! Interestingly CP/WH rotate perfectly though it’s an expensive enough combo (£10.0m).

Lloris, Krul, Courtois, Szczesny seem to score consistently home and away. The latter is even perfectly bang on 3 pts/game.

Table 5: Clean Sheets - home/away (only > or = 2 included)
    Goalkeepers | played | home CS | | Goalkeepers | played | away CS
    Forster | 6 | 5 | | Foster | 5 | 3
    Courtois | 4.3 | 3 | | Guzan | 6 | 3
    Fabianski | 6 | 3 | | Forster | 5 | 2
    Heaton | 6 | 3 | | Fabianski | 5 | 2
    Speroni | 5 | 2 | | Hart | 5 | 2
    Krul | 5 | 2 | | Krul | 6 | 2
    Howard | 5 | 2 | | Szczesny | 6 | 2
    Green | 5 | 2
    De Gea | 6 | 2 |
    Lloris | 6 | 2
    Adrián | 6 | 2

The home/away CS figures show the same trends than the previous table. e.g. Foster and Guzan scoring much more away than home.

It’s also worth noting that Courtois overall pts are affected by the game he had to pull out from (Cech got the CS pts that day). Overall his home form is better than suggested by Table 4.

Table 6: Saves & pts gotten from saves - home/away (only > or = 3 included)
    Goalkeepers | played | home saves | home pts from saves | | Goalkeepers | played | away saves | away pts from saves
    Adrián | 6 | 24 | 6 | | Courtois | 6 | 20 | 6
    Green | 5 | 19 | 5 | | Schmeichel | 5 | 22 | 5
    Mignolet | 6 | 18 | 5 | | Green | 5 | 21 | 5
    Guzan | 5 | 17 | 3 | | Heaton | 5 | 20 | 5
    Fabianski | 6 | 15 | 3 | | Mannone | 4 | 16 | 5
    Szczesny | 5 | 15 | 3 | | Lloris | 5 | 17 | 4
    Speroni | 5 | 15 | 3 | | Fabianski | 5 | 16 | 4
    Lloris | 6 | 14 | 3 | | Guzan | 6 | 17 | 3
    De Gea | 6 | 14 | 3 | | Foster | 5 | 17 | 3
    Mannone | 5 | 14 | 3 | | Adrián | 5 | 14 | 3
    Krul | 5 | 13 | 3 | | Speroni | 5.6 | 14 | 3
    Hart | 5 | 13 | 3 | |
    Heaton | 6 | 13 | 3

If you want a GK to make saves, get Green in. 5 pts from them at home. Ditto away. Very consistent.

By coupling with Table 5, you can see scoring pattern for some keepers. e.g. Courtois keeps CS at home and get pts from saves away (remember he scores similarly home and away).

Lloris, Fabiansky, Speroni consistently make saves, no matter whether it’s away or at home i.e. they get FF points from their defence allowing their opponents to take many shots at goal.

Table 7: Goals conceded & pts loss from them - home/away (ordered by ascending overall pts loss)
    Goalkeepers | played | conceded at home | -1 | -2 | -3 | -4 | | | Goalkeepers | played | conceded away | -1 | -2 | -3 | -4
    Forster | 6 | 1 | | | | | | | Forster | 6 | 4 | 1 | | |
    Hart | 5 | 4 | | | | | | | Courtois | 6 | 8 | 1 | | |
    | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
    Courtois | 4.3 | 3 | 1 | | | | | | McGregor | 3 | 4 | 2 | | |
    Fabianski | 6 | 4 | 1 | | | | | | Foster | 5 | 5 | 2 | | |
    De Gea | 6 | 5 | 1 | | | | | | Howard | 6 | 7 | 2 | |
    Adrián | 6 | 6 | 1 | | | | | | Begovic | 6 | 8 | 2 | | |
    Mignolet | 6 | 6 | 1 | | | | | | | | | | | |
    Begovic | 6 | 5 | 1 | | | | | | Hart | 5 | 6 | 3 | | |
    | | | | | | | | | Szczesny | 6 | 7 | 3 | | |
    Green | 5 | 5 | 2 | | | | | | Fabiansky | 5 | 7 | 1 | 1 | |
    Szczesny | 5 | 6 | 2 | | | | | | Krul | 5 | 8 | 1 | 1 | |
    Mannone | 5 | 6 | 2 | | | | | | Guzan | 5 | 8 | 3 | | |
    Heaton | 6 | 9 | 2 | | | | | | Lloris | 5 | 8 | 1 | 1 | |
    | | | | | | | | | Adrián | 5 | 8 | 3 | | |
    Krul | 5 | 7 | 3 | | | | | | De Gea | 5 | 9 | 1 | 1 | |
    McGregor | 3 | 7 | 1 | 1 | | | | | Mignolet | 5 | 9 | 3 | | |
    Lloris | 6 | 8 | 3 | | | | | | | | | | | |
    Speroni | 5 | 8 | 3 | | | | | | Schmeichel | 5 | 9 | 4 | | |
    Schmeichel | 5 | 9 | 3 | | | | | | Speroni | 5.6 | 11 | 4 | | |
    Guzan | 5 | 8 | 3 | | | | | | Heaton | 5 | 10 | 2 | 1 | |
    Foster | 5 | 8 | 4 | | | | | | Mannone | 4 | 11 | 1 | | | 1 |
    Howard | 5 | 11 | 2 | | 1 | | | | Green | 5 | 14 | 3 | 2 |

Again, avoid Green away. Favour him at home.
    On the contrary, Foster and Howard perform better away.

Hart at home is worth keeping an eye on. If you could fit him in he could be great over the Christmas period with 3 home games out of 4.

Some deceptive numbers here too. Mignolet and Begovic don’t concede much at home but almost always concede. Ignore them.

Krul, Lloris, Guzan, Heaton concede roughly the same home and away. I guess that makes them nice unique keeper options.

To summarise.

From Mr. P.Christmas period fixtures list I see:
    1. Man City, QPR and AV with favourable runs.
    2. Hull with a good one
    3. CP, WB, Newcastle & Everton with decent ones.

Since Guzan’s doing better away than home, Hart and Green seem the 2 best options. Hart could be a great option from GW16 onwards. Green can be paired with CP’s Speroni. They rotate well and perform way better home than away. It may be too dear a pairing though depending on the amount of big guns you may have upfront.

Pairing 2 GKs from Hull could be interesting too, especially from GW17 onwards. Though not the cheapest of options. They rotate perfectly with Burnley but since Hull GKs have performed better away than home a daring gamble could be to rotate them with WB but playing each keeper away :confused:...

In the end, the popular Newcastle combo could well continue to work out decently :rolleyes: :P...

That's some cracking analysis Iroced.

I'm personally thinking Fabianski might be the best choice. But I'll hold off on that transfer until at least next week.

Having said that, if Forster keeps another clean against Villa, it might be hard to bring myself to get rid of him!

Great stuff iroced . Good to see the krul elliot combo was quite decent in the end even if I jumped off it for Forster a good few weeks back. I may do Forster to green based on above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Looks like we have home/away rotation the wrong way round! Going to start benching my home keeper and playing Foster away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Fabianski has some cracking fixtures going forward

Fabianski has some cracking fixtures going forward
    Yeah. I didn't mention him in my summary since he's gonna play thrice away out of his 4 games around Christmas (Hul (a), AV (H), Liverpool (a) and QPR (a)). But yeah overall he has a cracking run ahead of him notably CP and QPR at home for GWs13-14. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Great stuff iroced . Good to see the krul elliot combo was quite decent in the end even if I jumped off it for Forster a good few weeks back. I may do Forster to green based on above.

I jumped off it just at the wrong time too. I plan to go back to Krul now next week when Forster's difficult fixtures start.

I wouldn't go for Flapianski because I have Naylor.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I jumped off it just at the wrong time too. I plan to go back to Krul now next week when Forster's difficult fixtures start.

I wouldn't go for Flapianski because I have Naylor.
    That said you didn't lose out anything by going for Forster. You might have even made a £0.1m profit on Forster when you'll revert to Krul...

iroced wrote: »
    That said you didn't lose out anything by going for Forster. You might have even made a £0.1m profit on Forster when you'll revert to Krul...

Was a bit of a waste of a transfer though is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Only my 2nd season in but next year I'm going to go for one cheapie and the same teams 2nd keeper to give a combined cost of 8.5mil from season start until the 2nd wc is activated. Then I may go for one expensive one and a cheapie or rotate two cheapies to save myself some headache and unnecessary transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

TacT wrote: »
    Only my 2nd season in but next year I'm going to go for one cheapie and the same teams 2nd keeper to give a combined cost of 8.5mil from season start until the 2nd wc is activated. Then I may go for one expensive one and a cheapie or rotate two cheapies to save myself some headache and unnecessary transfers.

It has been a strategy that has worked well enough this season but historically rotating gks has been better value trends like this emerge every season that go against the norm but it usually reverts back at some point and everything will make sense again. With the exception of Suarez last season. And Yaya.

I had planned to go with Krul but, now that I've looked at fixtures and read this post, Green is looking more appealing.

Krul:
    West Ham away
    Burnley away
    Chelsea home
    Arsenal away
    Sunderland home
    Man United away
    Everton home
    Burnley home
    Chelsea away
    Saints home

Green:
    Leicester home
    Swansea away
    Burnley home
    Everton away
    West Brom home
    Arsenal away
    Palace home
    Swansea home
    Burnley away
    Man United home

I had planned to go with Krul but, now that I've looked at fixtures and read this post, Green is looking more appealing.

Krul has two away games against West Ham and Burnley before Chelsea home and Arsenal away. It's then home to Sumderland and Man a United away.

Krul:

West Ham away
    Burnley away
    Chelsea home
    Arsenal away
    Sunderland home
    Man United away
    Everton home
    Burry home
    I was going to suggest Green, adrian, courtois or hart to you in the other thread. Ill have to hold him for a bit as ive only 1 transfer this week and want to move pelle on.

I was going to suggest Green, adrian, courtois or hart to you in the other thread. Ill have to hold him for a bit as ive only 1 transfer this week and want to move pelle on.

You quoted my post there as I was typing it up! On phone so flicking between screens.

Green is the most cost efficient though. Courtois and Hart are far too much to spend on a 'keeper IMO.

I'd prefer a defender like Kompany or Terry because there's a chance of attacking returns.

jimmii wrote: »
    It has been a strategy that has worked well enough this season but historically rotating gks has been better value trends like this emerge every season that go against the norm but it usually reverts back at some point and everything will make sense again. With the exception of Suarez last season. And Yaya.
    Personally speaking I prefer to go with 1 playing keeper till the jan wildcard and rotating keepers from jan on. Reason being it can be risky having 1 playing keeper due from jan on due to games being called off due to carling cup and fa cup. The previous year I was on boruc/davis 8.5 worked a treat this year krul/elliot 8.5 I lost patience with krul when it looked like it was inevitable pardew would get sacked and moved to forster. From wildcard on Id be looking at krul/pantimilon. I also like to go as cheap as possible on gk and defs initially as the bigger teams tend to get better defensively as the season progresses and over time move money away from my front 7 and into my defence.

• Advertisement

You quoted my post there as I was typing it up! On phone so flicking between screens.

Green is the most cost efficient though. Courtois and Hart are far too much to spend on a 'keeper IMO.

I'd prefer a defender like Kompany or Terry because there's a chance of attacking returns.
    Ye i dont like to spend big on a keeper but with courtois its only .8 more than forster now so looking at the fixtures its good value. However I went terry because of the attacking returns you mentioned(he shouldve scored yesterday). Courtois and yun 9.9 or green and terry 10.8 could be another way of looking at it. That way you dont have to play your qpr def every week.

Advertisement