Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Premier League 2014/15

• 16-07-2014 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,478 ✭✭✭✭

Just signed up for this and paid, didnt play the beta version last year so am largely clueless. Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

KevIRL wrote: »
    Just signed up for this and paid, didnt play the beta version last year so am largely clueless. Any tips?

Pay attention during gameweeks. It's basically the same game expect you can make your own subs between the days of games in the same GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

It's excellent but hard work.

I'm not sure it's worth a fiver though, nearly impossible to win,prizes should be spread out a lot, top10percent like a poker tournament or something.

I can't see what payment processor they use, can you tell me whatbu used?paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

POKERKING wrote: »
    It's excellent but hard work.

I'm not sure it's worth a fiver though, nearly impossible to win,prizes should be spread out a lot, top10percent like a poker tournament or something.

I can't see what payment processor they use, can you tell me whatbu used?paypal?

Just signed up there myself, only gave me the option to pay by card. Total players so far is 229

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

My first draft at this

932f5f1a616ee921e4605fcb126d7b35.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,603 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jesus, merely looking at that makes me not able to cope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

A few more prize positions and I'd consider signing up but its an awful lot of work chopping and changing players Saturday-Monday. I forgot a few times to make changes during the gameweek during the Beta version and ended up with a lot of points on the bench .

It could be tough to setup a private paid league with friends as well if people are already paying to enter which is anther problem

its an awful lot of work chopping and changing players Saturday-Monday.

It's really not, you'd get used to it pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Dearg81

KevIRL wrote: »

I just signed up, I didn't play the beta game but I think the main thing is to get a lot of players into your squad who play on the Sunday/Monday games. This will give you better chance as you can sub out the Saturday players who scored poorly. I'd say that FFS will have a fixture break down before the season starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League
    "It appears that you reside in a country where online gambling is not allowed. Unfortunately you will not be able to enter a team in Ultimate Fantasy.
    Fantasy Premier League is open to all and is free to play!"

:/

Living in Ireland btw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Not. A. Hope.

An absolute time sink. I'm barely motivated by the main game as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

manual_man wrote: »
    Ultimate Fantasy Premier League
    "It appears that you reside in a country where online gambling is not allowed. Unfortunately you will not be able to enter a team in Ultimate Fantasy.
    Fantasy Premier League is open to all and is free to play!"

:/

Living in Ireland btw

Do you have your DNS setting set for US netflix or something?
    US citizens aren't allowed to gamble online.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Not. A. Hope.

An absolute time sink. I'm barely motivated by the main game as it is.

I'm not too sure it will be that time consuming as you dont have to worry about transfers(apart from a few windows) and there are no price rises. You just have to remember to sub out a few players on Sunday and Monday really.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Do you have your DNS setting set for US netflix or something?
    US citizens aren't allowed to gamble online.

Away down the country for a few days on a friends WiFi. Will try it on the laptop when I get back home, seems a bit odd all the same

Has a Boards/FSA league been set up for this?

P.S. can anyone remember can your formation be changed while the gameweek is in progress??? for example you choose a 5-3-2 to start with and 2 of your defenders bum on the saturday and you want to swap them out for 2 midfielders playing the next day... can you do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Needs a different team selection from regular FPL you want to be in a position to play as many players as possible each weekend. If they all play Saturday then its just a waste!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

You actually have less money per player in this game compared to the main game. I think the best method may be to pick a killer first 11 and then pick filler for the rest (by filler I mean cheap players who will play and may have a decent chance of points)

Here's a breakdown of the first 14 game weeks fixtures by day. A lot of the big teams play more often on Sunday and Monday which is ideal as you will be able to play the cheaper players from smaller teams on Saturday and then sub them out for the big team players if they dont score well.

Team Sat Sun Mon
    Man United 7 6 1
    Everton 8 6 0
    Man City 8 5 1
    Tottenham 8 6 0
    Chelsea 9 4 1
    Liverpool 9 4 1
    QPR 9 4 1
    Hull 10 3 1
    Sunderland 10 3 1
    Arsenal 11 3 0
    Aston Villa 11 1 2
    Burnley 11 2 1
    Crystal Palace 11 2 1
    Newcastle 11 2 1
    Southampton 11 2 1
    Stoke 11 2 1
    WBA 11 2 1
    Leicester 12 2 0
    Swansea 12 2 0
    West Ham 12 1 1

can anyone remember can your formation be changed while the gameweek is in progress??? for example you choose a 5-3-2 to start with and 2 of your defenders bum on the saturday and you want to swap them out for 2 midfielders playing the next day... can you do that?

Anyone able to answer this?? Also are the scoring rules the same as the trial game last season(i can't remember)??? :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone able to answer this?? Also are the scoring rules the same as the trial game last season(i can't remember)??? :o

Going by the FAQ, it seems you can.
    I think(can't remember for certain) that I changed formation during the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Yeah you can, it's a lot better than it sounds, will probably replace the other game in the long run I reckon. Pity the payouts so ****e though!

• Advertisement

Yeah you can, it's a lot better than it sounds, will probably replace the other game in the long run I reckon. Pity the payouts so ****e though!

yeah imagine if you come second overall and get zip! i like the game tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Exactly the problem. There will be far more than 7000 entrants so this game will be a big money spinner. If all the entrance fees were supplied as prizes i would be more interested.

zarquon wrote: »
    Exactly the problem. There will be far more than 7000 entrants so this game will be a big money spinner. If all the entrance fees were supplied as prizes i would be more interested.

Yeh could definitely prove to be quite profitable for them. Maybe if it is considerably over the 7000 they might throw in a couple of extra prizes. Definitely not great having so many players and only 11 prizes being dished out!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh could definitely prove to be quite profitable for them. Maybe if it is considerably over the 7000 they might throw in a couple of extra prizes. Definitely not great having so many players and only 11 prizes being dished out!

For the money there are better competitions out there with bigger prizes like the mirror or sun dreamteam. If there was less than 7000 people this might peak my interest with a small pool of players but no way i am paying for this game if there are 10s of thousands of players.

For anyone who has registered does it show you the total number of registered players? If there are less than 10000 registered players this might be a worthwhile game to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Hackers

Looks like 2,874 players registered so far. Hard to say what that will go up to by start of the season but I would think min 15,000 anyway
    For the money there are better competitions out there with bigger prizes like the mirror or sun dreamteam. If there was less than 7000 people this might peak my interest with a small pool of players but no way i am paying for this game if there are 10s of thousands of players.

For anyone who has registered does it show you the total number of registered players? If there are less than 10000 registered players this might be a worthwhile game to play.

Yeh it does currently it is at 2879. There are loads of better value games but in reality for most people the prizes are irrelevant as they will never get near winning them. Its nice to have UFPL i'm happy to play £5 a year to play it nice to have a proper game with a smaller field so you can at least pretend you have a shot at winning it then!

jimmii wrote: »
    Yeh it does currently it is at 2879. There are loads of better value games but in reality for most people the prizes are irrelevant as they will never get near winning them. Its nice to have UFPL i'm happy to play £5 a year to play it nice to have a proper game with a smaller field so you can at least pretend you have a shot at winning it then!

Agreed. At least it challenges you a bit rather than the regular FPL game which doesn't require much time.

Yeh thats what I like about it there is more involved and the squad system adds an interesting new element to it.

Okay, i've decided to join. Only €6 approximately and should be somewhat entertaining.

The rules seem straightforward. One thing i am i would like clarity on though - Is it possible to change formations during manager substitions? E.g change from 4-4-2 on Saturday to 4-3-3 on a Sunday to take out a poor performing midfielder for a striker or is the formation fixed for the gameweek? F1ngers wasn't completely certain of this so it would be good to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I've just setup my team in the UFF. Is there any boards league setup yet ?

Advertisement