Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lay off after 10 years

• 25-01-2012 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I had a question regarding redundancy and being laid off after 10 years of full time employment. I was given a short time lay off form the other day (From RP9) and was told that if I fill out section B I am entitled to voluntary statutory redundancy. However, I believe with voluntary redundancy, I would not be entitled to any paid notice (6 weeks in my case)

My question is how long can I be put on temporary lay off before my company has to make me redundant and pay me the full redundancy package including 6 weeks notice? Any ideas?

I think they want me file for voluntary so they don't have to pay me for the notice period.

Thanks for the info if anyone has any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Gryire

dbourne wrote: »
    I had a question regarding redundancy and being laid off after 10 years of full time employment. I was given a short time lay off form the other day (From RP9) and was told that if I fill out section B I am entitled to voluntary statutory redundancy. However, I believe with voluntary redundancy, I would not be entitled to any paid notice (6 weeks in my case)

My question is how long can I be put on temporary lay off before my company has to make me redundant and pay me the full redundancy package including 6 weeks notice? Any ideas?

I think they want me file for voluntary so they don't have to pay me for the notice period.

Thanks for the info if anyone has any ideas.

After 13 weeks you should ask to be taken back or made redundant as the layoff is not temporary.

Advertisement