Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redundancy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Plazaman wrote: »
    Oz is crying out for engineers at the mo.
    Don't the Aussies have a bit of a cut off point age wise? Although when it comes to an experienced engineer they might be more inclined to overlook age.

I would have thought an engineer with that amount of experience would be more highly valued than a younger engineer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

mariaalice wrote: »
    I have to ask how come you have got to 40 and have been working and you have absolutely nothing? just wondering?
    Eh, he has 40k, how much have you got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Learn a second language or go back to college... Broaden your skills and make yourself more employable. Buying a house would be a pretty stupid thing to do IMO.. You don't want to tie yourself down to a mortgage without a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

i think OP's attitude sums up the mentality thats put us in this situation pretty well, So much so its more likely just plain old trollin'

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭x_Ellie_x

40k is enough money to move out of the country and get settled somewhere else. My friend's husband also has an engineering degree and used his redundancy money and their savings to start over in New Zealand. They moved over there just after the Christchurch earthquake, he took advantage of that, there was loads of engineering jobs going at the time as they needed to re-build parts of the city. They are doing very well, there is lots of work for him over there, they like living there, and they've decided to stay on permanently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Youll get better responses to the thread you have here in PI.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement