Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 12 Captain

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Baines home to Westham
    FHFC wrote: »
    Do you know, I think you could be right old chap....

Agueroooooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hazard home to Westbrom
    crazy8 wrote: »
    Costa, easy

Only if you don't have Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Baines home to Westham
    crazy8 wrote: »
    Costa, easy
    jimmii wrote: »
    Only if you don't have Aguero.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Very tough call this week, have Aguero, Costa and also Sanchez who could be a great shout against Uniteds half fit, and already dodgy defence. And then there's Hazard teasing me as well.

Doing too well not to play it safe though so probably have to be Aguero or Costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

have both diego and sergio but god i still can't make up my mind, 24hrs to do so.....

• Advertisement

Hazard home to Westbrom
    breghall wrote: »
    have both diego and sergio but god i still can't make up my mind, 24hrs to do so.....

Yerh absolutely nothing between them even the bookies can barely split them 4/7 & 8/15 in the anytime scorer market. I currently have it on Aguero but Costa is well ahead of Aguero on chances created so maybe he is the better option to increased likelyhood of assists. Hoefully both of them score the same so none of it matters in the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Yerh absolutely nothing between them even the bookies can barely split them 4/7 & 8/15 in the anytime scorer market. I currently have it on Aguero but Costa is well ahead of Aguero on chances created so maybe he is the better option to increased likelyhood of assists. Hoefully both of them score the same so none of it matters in the end!

Aguero on penalty duties swings it.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Hazard home to Westbrom
    I'm not tempted by Sanchez in the slightest. Blind out is concern, but even still I expect LVG to employ tactics that will result in another very tight game. Much like the kind of display seen against Chelsea and then city.

For anyone looking to take a huge gamble (I think it's too early in the season but if you're looking for a differential and desperate to make up ground, read on)...

Charlie Austin is your man imho. There's been a number of high scoring draws played out at St. James' Park against Hull and Palace. Newcastle seem to have turned a corner since then and they've looked far more solid, especially at the back, but they're stricken with injuries in this department (if current reports reflect the line up come kickoff on Saturday).

I expect QPR to bag at least one goal, if not more.

I'm still within touching distance of 1st in my main league so personally I'm sticking with Aguerro this week.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    djPSB wrote: »
    Aguero on penalty duties swings it.

That would be factored into bookies prices whereas assists obviously wouldn't but for the extra assist potential Costa has Aguero has more bonus potential! It is probably the closest captain decision ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Baines home to Westham
    With Man city not being in full flow and without Silva, I'm leaning towards Costa

• Advertisement

Baines home to Westham
    Plus, Swansea are no pushovers. I'm gonna have to go with Costa myself.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    I am definitely edging towards Costa too I was completely set on Aguero up until today too! They both have 60%+ ownership in the top 10k if one scores and the other doesn't there are going to be some big ranking changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Arbitrary wrote: »
    I'm not tempted by Sanchez in the slightest. Blind out is concern, but even still I expect LVG to employ tactics that will result in another very tight game. Much like the kind of display seen against Chelsea and then city.

For anyone looking to take a huge gamble (I think it's too early in the season but if you're looking for a differential and desperate to make up ground, read on)...

Charlie Austin is your man imho. There's been a number of high scoring draws played out at St. James' Park against Hull and Palace. Newcastle seem to have turned a corner since then and they've looked far more solid, especially at the back, but they're stricken with injuries in this department (if current reports reflect the line up come kickoff on Saturday).

I expect QPR to bag at least one goal, if not more.

I'm still within touching distance of 1st in my main league so personally I'm sticking with Aguerro this week.

I'd see Pelle as a better gamble. Villa are expected to be missing a couple of defenders from what I've read.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd see Pelle as a better gamble. Villa are expected to be missing a couple of defenders from what I've read.

Yeh they might well be but then Southampton might well be without Tadic which would hinder Pelle some what too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It is between Costa and Aguero. Flip of a coin at 11:29 tomorrow morning is the only option really.

I do need to get this right as my team is in a poor shape at this moment.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    If only one of them has massive ownership it would make it a lot easier. It really is coin flipping time this week!

If only one of them has massive ownership it would make it a lot easier. It really is coin flipping time this week!

Costa 57.1% vs Aguero 28.6%

Somehow the figures above don't make it any easier for me.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    wonski wrote: »
    Costa 57.1% vs Aguero 28.6%

Somehow the figures above don't make it any easier for me.

Those figures are fairly irrelevant due to all the ghost teams in the top 10k they are both 60%ish.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Last week it was 66% Aguero and 62.4% Costa so pretty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Hazard home to Westbrom
    Lemlin wrote: »

It's a wild differential alright, I can see a few peeps handing Pelle the armband but nobody is going to give it to Austin (with good reason!). City and Spurs managed two late goals. I vaguely remember the games but I seem to remember Villa parked the bus more or less tried to play on the counter. Bar the Arsenal drumming, they've kept games pretty tight and Southampton have only managed more than 1 away goal on one occasion this season.

Queue - Austin hat trick and a 3-3 scoreline, Pelle to bag 4 against Villa and Aguerro to blank. Knowing my luck with captaincy selections so far this season.

I don't have Costa (yet) so my decision is thankfully an easy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Hazard home to Westbrom
    easy option aguero as I ditched costa. Already had two gambles go bad, enough of that.

Hazard home to Westbrom
    TacT wrote: »
    easy option aguero as I ditched costa. Already had two gambles go bad, enough of that.

Definitely not the time to gamble on captains. April/May is the time to turn the captaincy dial to crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Baines home to Westham
    West Brom's defence is worse than Swanseas. You'd imagine Costa would score more. However, Augero is in such good form. Such a tough decision.

Swansea's toughest game this season was Chelsea away. They conceded 4. With this in mind I might just go with Augero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

sheroman01 wrote: »
    West Brom's defence is worse than Swanseas. You'd imagine Costa would score more. However, Augero is in such good form. Such a tough decision.

Swansea's toughest game this season was Chelsea away. They conceded 4. With this in mind I might just go with Augero.

I know it's Chelsea but my GK home/away analysis shows that WB away form is far better than their home form. Foster got 25 pts on the road (they notably played Saints, Swansea, Spurs and Liverpool so it's not the toughest run but far from the easiest too) from 5 games which is an exceptional average and only 11 pts at home (from 5 games too and you'd think they'd done much better out of Sunderland, Everton, Burnley, CP & Newcastle :eek:!!!).

Hazard home to Westbrom
    iroced wrote: »
    Foster got 25 pts on the road

That really is pretty amazing alright! Was surprised when I saw it earlier explains how I have had my benched GK score 35 points so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

110% Aguero.

SantryRed wrote: »
    110% Aguero.

If it is 110% then it must be right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

That really is pretty amazing alright! Was surprised when I saw it earlier explains how I have had my benched GK score 35 points so far!
    Yeah, can't remember how often I checked the numbers while making the tables...
    His 10 pts from Leicester help but he got 11 pts from Saints and Spurs combined too.

If anything, my analysis comforted me in one thing. I think I won't use the rotation this year for GKs. I've left so many pts on the bench last year and the years before with wasted cash on my second keeper I may as well continue with my Newcastle combo and if I change my main GK with a £4.m second one anyway.

And to be back on topic, if I factor in WB away form with Costa not delivering hugely recently and Swansea conceding 4 in their toughest away game (at Stamford Bridge) I may give Aguero the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Baines home to Westham
    Big swing there Coata Vs Aguero. WP played the Hazard pickers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement