Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 47" 47LB650V browsing

• 10-11-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys I am thinking of getting the above TV price 749 although I think power city might take a bit less than that, was wondering does anyone know if you watch first row sports, project free tv or other websites on this TV And any other info would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,292 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you mean that you're thinking of buying a TV and accessing TV channels via the web, I'd forget about it. The web browser in most TVs has either no Flash support or it will quickly become out of date and stop working. Don't believe any of the hype about accessing the internet on the TV, it just doesn't work. If you get an RTE and/or TV3 player, well and good, they will work but do not rely on the web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Burke121

coylemj wrote: »
    If you mean that you're thinking of buying a TV and accessing TV channels via the web, I'd forget about it. The web browser in most TVs has either no Flash support or it will quickly become out of date and stop working. Don't believe any of the hype about accessing the internet on the TV, it just doesn't work. If you get an RTE and/or TV3 player, well and good, they will work but do not rely on the web browser.

so are they really worth it then? alot of money for a tv that actually seem quite restricted

Just don't buy it on the basis of being able to access web-based services using the TV browser but the Google Chromecast is now only £30 (sterling) on Amazon so all is not last. Also bear in mind that the box might have stickers proclaiming that all sorts of players like BBC etc. will be available - they will not because they will be able to tell that you don't live in the UK so won't play any programs.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Burke121

coylemj wrote: »
    Just don't buy it on the basis of being able to access web-based services using the TV browser but the Google Chromecast is now only £30 (sterling) on Amazon so all is not last. Also bear in mind that the box might have stickers proclaiming that all sorts of players like BBC etc. will be available - they will not because they will be able to tell that you don't live in the UK so won't play any programs.

Thanks for the help, do you know if you can browse these sites on chromecast or do you need to have a laptop hooked up

You'll need a mobile or laptop to 'cast' the source you want to look at at the Chromecast stick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement