Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What do i need to look out for when buying part worn tyres for resale?

• 26-09-2013 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Basically what the title says :)

As in what sizes are most common? What is the minimum thread depth acceptable. Tube/tubeless. If you have any knowledge or advice about tyres for cars please dont hesitate to teach me. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭bizzyb

DaDeadly1 wrote: »

As in what sizes are most common? What is the minimum thread depth acceptable. Tube/tubeless. If you have any knowledge or advice about tyres for cars please dont hesitate to teach me. Thanks :)

Your best place for these answers would probably be the motor thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DaDeadly1

bizzyb wrote: »
    Your best place for these answers would probably be the motor thread.

Thanks il post there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

DaDeadly1 wrote: »

Attempting to resell something you have no knowledge of is a disaster waiting to happen! You should go to your local tyre shop and give someone €100 to give you a crash course. And then spend the next 6 months in the books and on Google. You'll need to know tyres inside out.

In addition, many European countries export part worn tyres (e.g. Countries that mandate winter tyres) for countries that don't change tyres as often (Irish motorists have no knowledge of tyres in my experience) and these are shipped literally by the container load. They are then broken down into categories and sold off by the importers.

Unless your going into this in a big way, I would not recommend entering the market. There are big players already established and there is very little margin.

Advertisement