Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Media PC

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

Just a warning folks that MCE trashed my Guide settings again somewhen over the weekend.

You might want to backup the file prefs.xmk in the directory

\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\EPG\prefs

If you havent done so already.
    theres no point...

the guide is updated with the new channel co-ords and guide listings.
    if you use an old pref file you wont get new listings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

But surely you can just restore the backed file and then trigger a manual update of the guide listings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

lads, what actually happens to cause the guide to thrash the listings? This has happened a few times recently and is a MAJOR pain in the ass. If you told someone they'll have to spend 45 minutes typing in channel numbers every month or so theres plenty whod take that as a deal breaker.

I tried overwriting it before with an old version and nothing happened, but I'm not sure if I tried the prefs.xml file so will try again. Don't suppose anyone has an updated NTL Digital prefs.xml file handy? Will this sort out the guide or do I still need to fix it all manually?

SouperComputer - there are a few ways of playing divx etc on an extender. I have one working, its not ideal but it works. I believe theres a simpler app that does it in a handier way out there now but havent had time to look into it.

On plugins - you'll defo be wanting MyUK, WebGuide3 (this is a must), and SavedTV - all available from either thegreenbutton.com or moremce.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Hi all,

Maybe im missing something, but how do you input capital letters using the MC remote?

Thanks

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Howdy Brian,

Use the Program up/down button to change the case. This will do it for you.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

hshortt wrote:
    Howdy Brian,

Use the Program up/down button to change the case. This will do it for you.

Cheerio
    Howard

Cheers buddy, ill give that a lash later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

If like me you are a complete beginner to all of this MCE stuff, here's a good article on how to build your own center -

http://www.digitalhomemag.com/features/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=37033&subsectionid=1300&subsubsectionid=1597

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Does anybody know what the situation is if you have a Digital TV service (NTL Digital)? To the same tuners work or do any?

Thanks, Great info here!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Mine was €1200 ish. Extenders are pretty cool, hopefully the xbox one will be released here, much cheaper alternative assuming you already have an xbox of course.

Advertisement