Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Storm 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Big 4x4 wheelie bin spotted being a tourist near the Spire :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Gmol wrote: »
    Just saw one of those big commercial 4*4 wheelie bins rolling down the road in foxrock

Here comes the wheelyy, wanderlyyy wanderlly wheellyy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

Gyalist wrote: »
    Just walked past Lidl in Rathmines and they have lots of small sandbags in the entrance lobby of the store. I guess that they are being prudent as they suffered serious flooding last October.

Sandbags ah crap we going back to WW1 this recession & storm combo is worse than I thought

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I am suppose to be going out tonight, I was looking forward to it, but now,,stupid fukcen weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

6Ft Garden Fence down in Drogheda!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Advertising hoarding on the side of the Dart bridge at Pearse Street was hanging off when I was passing by about 40 mins ago,Garda and fire brigade were just on the scene so hopefully nobody got crushed by it!

Pandora2 wrote: »
    6Ft Garden Fence down in Drogheda!

Tut Tut another one who didn't listen to the 3 little pigs allegory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Thunderbolt and lightning, very vedry frightning.... MEH!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭leviathon

Originally Posted by JupiterKid
    Two tornadoes reported near Athboy in County Meath. :-0
    Hal1 wrote: »

Source?

Source here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Windy and rainy here close to Caherciveen, Kerry so pretty much the same as any other day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    WE WILL REBUILD

THE SAINTS ARE COMING! THE SAINTS ARE COMING!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Rain,rain,rain,gale force winds,more rain in the wee county.
    I really really hate this bloody weather. :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Chilly, grey and showery here in Waterford. No monsoon conditions as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

prinz wrote: »

Zoom zoom zoooooooooooooom. He's heading for Rosslare.

my god, come back you fool!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Government announces new tax to raise funds to re-decorate offices of the Cabinet - to charge you on every cubic metre of water that falls on your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

McChubbin wrote: »
    Thunderbolt and lightning, very vedry frightning.... MEH!

Galileo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

I'm in China. Tis grand and mild here!
    Though I do miss a good old Irish rainstorm. In a strange way, this thread is making me a little homesick. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

leviathon wrote: »
    Originally Posted by JupiterKid
    Two tornadoes reported near Athboy in County Meath. :-0

Source here

Thats not a source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Chilly, grey and showery here in Waterford. No monsoon conditions as of yet.

tho to be fair its an interesting gray at least its interesting and not monotone :D
    the seas green an theres no wind seems to be dropping... :cool:

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Thats not a source.

thats god angry if anything :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Nice morning so far in Galway.

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

It was a nice morning, but it's been p1ss1ng rain here in Galway since about 1 O'Clock. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

Bet it's pretty quiet in Dundrum Shopping Centre, particularly the bottom floor.:)

I'm in China. Tis grand and mild here!
    Though I do miss a good old Irish rainstorm. In a strange way, this thread is making me a little homesick. :pac:

How is that,

Surely if its windy here it must be windy over there, it is the same planet.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

A pot plant was knocked over in my garden:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

ziggy23 wrote: »
    A pot plant was knocked over in my garden:(

Did it spill?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

its gusty and rainy in the gusty and rainy north east.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Mickey H wrote: »
    Did it spill?

No I managed to rescue it and put it upright again, but just looked out and its down again. Gave up the ghost poor soldier:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

And the young garda that got swept away in the floods.

Also, to a lesser extent, the ****load of cars written off, homes destroyed and the months of clean up afterwards.

****ed if I'm letting that happen again, glued to the window now in case I need to save my car. Poxy **** Dodder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I don't get it. The guy on the news on some radio station says...it's a horrible day out there today ? and the bird on the tv news and weather says it's going to a very wet and windy day i'm afraid ?.

Why is it horrible as I think it's quite a nice day and a good refreshing breeze to go out for a nice walk as it's a nice and refreshing feeling.

Then you have a person on tv weather saying they are afraid ? (as in it will be wet and windy i'm afraid) why the hell would someone be afraid of a bit of rain and wind. I don't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

They no doubt mean a full-on storm with floods as opposed to a bit of rain and wind, which is obviously a different thing.

Not remotely stormy or floody here - just neither-here-nor-there weather that you can't plan anything in, and wintry cold. I'd rather a good strong storm with a bit of mildness, to this shyte which has been going on for ages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Natural jacuzzi in Dun Laoghaire today !

a feck , link broken

Advertisement