Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone have a daily driver Nissan Leaf?

• 23-03-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Anyone actually drive one daily?

Do you like it?

Happy you got it?

What real world range are you getting?

I will have a round trip of about 100 km per day when I get back to our wonderful over taxed country.

I believe that I will get free charging at work (and better parking too).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I hope not!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

No, don't think it's ever been mentioned by anyone on here before...

Sesshomaru to appear in 5,4,3,2,1......

196827.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Time for a white goods sub-forum, where you can compare your fuel consumption against your fridge and oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Thanks for the constructive replies guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was prety sure we had thread about it before.
    Few fellas were test driving for reviews etc.

Let's play a waiting game. I would love to know too if there are any owners here. Interesting to hear from owners about it, not manufacturers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Pkiernan wrote: »

Mine was constructive. My Sesshomaru summoning powers however, are not. He'll be along soon I'm sure.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77120370

In case the man himself doesn't arrive for a while :)

Time for a white goods sub-forum, where you can compare your fuel consumption against your fridge and oven?

Your post is not actually as incredibly stupid and idiotic as it may first appear.

An E-Car sub forum would be nice. I would prefer to be able to drive to work for free.

RoverJames wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=77120370

In case the man himself doesn't arrive for a while :)

Thanks - I missed that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,088 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

I would love to be the owner, and I actually would be one if I could afford it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thanks - I missed that thread.

If you read the thread you can see where ev owners compare their vehicle's electricity usage to how much it costs to run their oven.

An E-Car sub forum would be nice. I would prefer to be able to drive to work for free.

I believe it isn't an option at the moment due to not enough interest/support but might well get the green light in the future, loads of us think it's a great idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I believe it isn't an option at the moment due to not enough interest/support but might well get the green light in the future, loads of us think it's a great idea :)

Its not a good idea because the entire structure we depend on for power cannot support it. If you view the power charts for Ireland, you can see people coming home at 5pm as there is a spike (Same during half time for big matches). Mainly due to kettles going on and ovens cooking. If everyone charged their cars, at the same time, as the infrastructure currently stands, it could crash. No if or but about it. They draw too much to current to charge in a reasonable amount of time. You average 1 phase supply to a residential home would probably be a fairly slow charge.

Personally, hybrids and hydrogen are the way forward.

Wasn't looking for a debate on electricity availability to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

For free? A Nissan Leaf is €30k but we will give you a massive subsidy, so you'll only have to pay about €25k

€25k is about 20 times what I paid for my car. And my car is much nicer ;)

BTW, Sesshoumaru won't be here for a while. His pigeon just landed on my roof with a note attached to its leg. It says: "please help - I am stuck just outside Athlone - only 9 miles from free fast charging point - no phone reception here - please help"

An E-Car sub forum would be nice. ...........
    ironclaw wrote: »
    Its not a good idea because the entire structure we depend on for power cannot support it.............

'tis a sub forum for electric cars I reckon is a good idea, not actual electric cars :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

hah, I love how my gathering card has become commonplace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Owen wrote: »
    hah, I love how my gathering card has become commonplace :)
    I thought it was funny - the first time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Never saw it before, v funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is there not already a Toyota forum? Would have assumed there was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Is there not already a Toyota forum? Would have assumed there was.

Nah the space was given to the Hotpoint guys..

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

A give it a rest guys on the electric car bashing the guy is looking for information so he can make an informed decision. Since I doubt very much any of you own or have driven an electric car, shut to FOOK UP, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

.......... might well get the green light in the future

No pun intended, I'd imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭David09

unkel wrote: »
    For free? A Nissan Leaf is €30k but we will give you a massive subsidy, so you'll only have to pay about €25k

€25k is about 20 times what I paid for my car. And my car is much nicer ;)

Electric cars are too expensive to buy and inherently unreliable due to limited range.

If you want ultimate cost-saving in motoring, there are far, far better options.

For example, diesel corsas, fiestas, 106/saxo's that will all do at least 60mpg can be bought for sub 1000 euro.

Save your money and buy one of those would be my advice. 25 grand for a nissan leaf or whatever is utter stupidity.
    BTW, Sesshoumaru won't be here for a while. His pigeon just landed on my roof with a note attached to its leg. It says: "please help - I am stuck just outside Athlone - only 9 miles from free fast charging point - no phone reception here - please help"

Excellent!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

I'd buy one tomorrow if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well electric/hybrid cars are hardly a topic of rich conversation on the motors forum. I think there was one thread here before on the Leaf but not sure.

David09 wrote: »
    Electric cars are too expensive to buy and inherently unreliable due to limited range.

If you want ultimate cost-saving in motoring, there are far, far better options.

For example, diesel corsas, fiestas, 106/saxo's that will all do at least 60mpg can be bought for sub 1000 euro.

Save your money and buy one of those would be my advice. 25 grand for a nissan leaf or whatever is utter stupidity.

Excellent!!!! :D

"Expensive" is a subjective term.

I will have zero fuel costs, the equivalent for me of €5000 (pre-tax) savings per year. And that's at current petrol/diesel prices. When we hit €2 a litre (probably by the end of this year), that will go up to €7000 per year.

But I digress. I had asked for reviews from people who drive the Leaf.

I didn't ask for opinions from ill informed Jeremy Clarkson/Rush Limbaugh worshipers.

I will have zero fuel costs, the equivalent for me of €5000 (pre-tax) savings per year. And that's at current petrol/diesel prices. When we hit €2 a litre (probably by the end of this year), that will go up to €7000 per year...........

Petrol is €1.64 ish/litre at the moment not €1.40ish/litre :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

David09 wrote: »

Someone buying a brand new Leaf wont be choosing between it and a sub €1k Corsa though. They would most likely be buyign a new car of some description either way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Here's a blog by an Irish guy who has owned one for a few months. It's pretty interesting and seems honest http://selfficiency.wordpress.com/

I thought it was funny he doesn't count the cost of all the coffees he buys on the M6 when stopping for a quick blast of electricity.

Advertisement