Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pork Scratchings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Tesco in Clare Hall.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Tesco in Clare Hall.

Are you sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Yup, they're in black packets down in the sweets aisle for 99 cent each. Never bought them for myself because I hate pork scratchings but have bought them numerous times for my ex. If you'd like, I can double check tomorrow and let you know for definite :)

• Advertisement

Thanks that would be great many thanks.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Yup, they're in black packets down in the sweets aisle for 99 cent each. Never bought them for myself because I hate pork scratchings but have bought them numerous times for my ex. If you'd like, I can double check tomorrow and let you know for definite :)

There is none here :mad:

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Bacon fries?
    Centra have their own brand and theres big red and blue bags of them in the polish section of supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Hootanany wrote: »
    http://www.porkscratchingworld.com/Bags1.html

Does anyone know where to get them in Ireland many thanks in advance

There is an Asian shop on middle abbey st Dublin that sells them for 1 euro a bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

The Cheers off-licence in Ballinteer (Dublin 16) sells them intermittently. Whenever they show up I buy a feck load as they always sell out so quickly.

I would love to know where to get them in Ireland on a regular basis.

Willing to travel.......

sofireland wrote: »
    There is an Asian shop on middle abbey st Dublin that sells them for 1 euro a bag

Are they the rinds fluffy one's or the one's with the fat on. and thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Any friends of mine who go to England always bring me back loads of packets. But recently found out that the shop beside the Black Bull in Drogheda sell them !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Min01

The ones in the Asian Market on Middle Abbey are the MS Traditional Pork Scratchings (19 picture on your list).
    They are the hard ones with the fat on them.
    Hope its what your looking for.

Ms_Scratchings.jpg

Min01 wrote: »
    The ones in the Asian Market on Middle Abbey are the MS Traditional Pork Scratchings (19 picture on your list).
    They are the hard ones with the fat on them.
    Hope its what your looking for.

Ms_Scratchings.jpg

Im drooling already will pop over there tomorrow is it the one at the Luas stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭vard

Pretty much every pub in the UK does 'em. When I was living in Manchester I had a mate who'd have a pack every time we were out - He'd try force them on me. I did try one once and near enough vomited; It was a big gooey ball of fat.

So yeah, I'm not a fan.

Oh, and on topic - I don't know where you can get them.

And some of them look like curled up toe nails.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Min01

The shop is nearly across from the side entrace to Pennys. I don't know the name of it but its got red and white on the window. Hope you find it.

Min01 wrote: »
    The shop is nearly across from the side entrace to Pennys. I don't know the name of it but its got red and white on the window. Hope you find it.

Got 2 packs yesterday thank you very much nom nom:D

They dont stock them anymore:(

Anyone know anywhere else do them.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Dealz (the Irish arm of poundland) sell a few varieties, a hard type in gold multipacks and a fluffier type in blue and white bags. I've been happily munching since they opened in Cork.

Is their a Dealz in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Dealz (the Irish arm of poundland) sell a few varieties, a hard type in gold multipacks and a fluffier type in blue and white bags. I've been happily munching since they opened in Cork.

This makes me think of some sort of concoction covered in pigs' hairs.

I feel kinda ill :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Now, that's just crazy talk!!:D:D:D

Jaysus... images unnecessary!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Are they actually any differnet from bacon fried though?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Are they actually any differnet from bacon fried though?

Bacon Fries?
    Completely different.
    They are pork crackling - roast or fried strips of pig skin as opposed to Bacon Fries which are fried corn based snacks with bacon "flavourings" - usually vegetarian friendly.

This makes me think of some sort of concoction covered in pigs' hairs.

I feel kinda ill :o

Sorry bad choice of words :D they have a texture a bit like snax crisps was what I was trying to get at.

• Advertisement

Too late; the images are there :(

Advertisement