Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hah, hold up there Rick. I know what they are, just no idea where to find one. Google isn't much help unless i want to order it from china, and be in with the chance to win an iPad.

Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down... ;)

You suck at google, then. Correct name is PCI express Riser card
    http://www.plinkusa.net/webR1PCI-E1-1R.htm

Difference is, I will make you cry and hurt you when I see you, ya fecker! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭game4it70

What i want to know is why has he got a fan controller with no fans (bar cpu) ?
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

You suck at google, then. Correct name is PCI express Riser card
    http://www.plinkusa.net/webR1PCI-E1-1R.htm

Difference is, I will make you cry and hurt you when I see you, ya fecker! :pac:

Thanks chief. Shame they don't ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TiNcAn

This guy has to be Irish. Am I wrong in saying so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfGKM-6mrCM&feature=player_embedded

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭game4it70

TiNcAn wrote: »
    This guy has to be Irish. Am I wrong in saying so?

He sounds like Dougal outta father ted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TiNcAn

Another cup of tea there Ms.PALRO

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

129087585484766496.jpg

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

http://www.boards.ie/love.php

I got a 10/10 match with solitaire ;)

*winks sexily*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

deconduo wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/love.php

I got a 10/10 match with solitaire ;)

*winks sexily*
    HA so did i!

Sol you player ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Ditto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Hands off! He's mine!
    boards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gifboards_heart_eyes_small.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Been reading a good few reports of 460 slis beating the 580, so happy i bought this card when i did and a mobo with sli

Corsair Force 120 GB Solid State Drive just dropped £12 on amazon today. let the SSD price drops begin!

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Corsair Force 120 GB Solid State Drive just dropped £12 on amazon today. let the SSD price drops begin!

12 quid?!?! :pac:

Dont see any for 120 either :(

nuxxx wrote: »
    12 quid?!?! :pac:

Dont see any for 120 either :(
    no matter what anyone says, they're not gonna hit the £1/gb mark for a long time. as soon as they become cheap enough for the average consumer to buy, they will remain at that price because the demand for them will be there.

Ye, would love one, gonna be waiting a while longer by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Anyone ever try an SSD drive in a PS3?

It seems like they would be ideal for gaming, even if they are small like 60GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Moon54 wrote: »
    Anyone ever try an SSD drive in a PS3?

It seems like they would be ideal for gaming, even if they are small like 60GB.

Apparently someone did for GT5, loading times were halved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Apparently someone did for GT5, loading times were halved.

Cool, thx Venom.

Got the oppertunity to play with an old P2 with... 52mb (?) of registered ram. WOW how did we survive those old days?? slow is an understatement. i made the mistake of accidentally clicking on "online mail", outlooks predecessor, and the whole PC became unresponsive for 5min (which is a long time to be staring at a screen that is frozen) until it opened.

• Advertisement

But can it play Minecraft Duke Nukem?

dukelol.png

:pac:

just reading through some thread about what PSU to buy brings back memories.

its a fuzzy memory, but i think my first real gaming rig had a 120W PSU and at some point in time i upgraded to a passively cooled Geforce FX5200 and was blown away by its power.
    i also remember upgrading a 3dfx voodoo GPU from 2mb to 4mb with an expansion chip that cost my da a fortune at the time. but that was well before my gaming time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

just reading through some thread about what PSU to buy brings back memories.

its a fuzzy memory, but i think my first real gaming rig had a 120W PSU and at some point in time i upgraded to a passively cooled Geforce FX5200 and was blown away by its power.
    i also remember upgrading a 3dfx voodoo GPU from 2mb to 4mb with an expansion chip that cost my da a fortune at the time. but that was well before my gaming time.

One of my earliest computer memories is of installing windows 3.1 on one of my dad's computers when I was 6. It was on ~12 floppies or something ridiculous. Those were the days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I can remember buying my very first graphics card, it was a 3Dfx voodoo 2 bought from an electronics boutque store. I think my pc was an IBM with a Pentium II 400 Mhz and about 64mb of ram. That really was a golden era I remember playing Quake II, Half-life, C&C Red Alert, Baldurs Gate, Diablo, Fallout. All at 640X480 on a 15" CRT monitor and thinking it was the business.

Most high street game stores these days barely sell PC games let alone graphics cards.

sink wrote: »
    I can remember buying my very first graphics card, it was a 3Dfx voodoo 2 bought from an electronics boutque store. I think my pc was an IBM with a Pentium II 400 Mhz and about 64mb of ram. That really was a golden era I remember playing Quake II, Half-life, C&C Red Alert, Baldurs Gate, Diablo, Fallout. All at 640X480 on a 15" CRT monitor and thinking it was the business.

Most high street game stores these days barely sell PC games let alone graphics cards.
    my friend had a pentium 2 or 3 and his parents got a new PC, so we thought we'd try OC the old 1 with no knowledge at all. back then it was loads of switches and jumpers on the Mobo. we got it to OC to 2.xGhz and got to the bios POST when it died a short death. ha fun times. his parents never found out what exactly caused the death.

oops

why're all the threads being destickied?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

why're all the threads being destickied?
    Request from the Admins.

Jonathan wrote: »
    Request from the Admins.
    *waves fist in the air*

Damn overlords!

:D

• Advertisement

This thread was never adhesive in any fashion anyway :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement