Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Navy ... any info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭rockagusroll

I'm the same, I've half made a deadline in my head and if there's nothing by then I might have to forget about it.. I thought they would of sent at least an explanation before Easter.
    We should all send another email to recruitment this week, try put some pressure on them and see if they'll let us know anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Whats the story lads, still no word and not even and email explaining why; even though we were all told we'd hear two weeks after the tests..??

I need to know soon, otherwise I'll be setting my goal on something else!!

FYI, Its a bank holiday weekend, and wednesday is an army holiday.
    Only those on duty would have been about on friday, or monday.
    Get used to "hurry up and wait". You are working to their schedule, not yours. Get used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

FYI, Its a bank holiday weekend, and wednesday is an army holiday.
    Only those on duty would have been about on friday, or monday.
    Get used to "hurry up and wait". You are working to their schedule, not yours. Get used to it.

I dont mind waiting, its the lack of communication thats pissing me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MRLAZY

Theres nothing we can do. An email wont make any difference, we just have to play the waiting game now. Try to get it out of our heads. I know easier said than done but have no choice. Just hope its not much longer and it will all be worth it fingers crossed.:)

MRLAZY wrote: »
    Theres nothing we can do. An email wont make any difference, we just have to play the waiting game now. Try to get it out of our heads. I know easier said than done but have no choice. Just hope its not much longer and it will all be worth it fingers crossed.:)

Suppose, your right. I did a bit of searching and found that the last class were waiting 5/6 weeks before they heard anything and the start date was pushed back due to failures!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 deanfitzg

All this waitin is drivin me nuts :-( hope they get back to us soon

Anyone else get that good call off Ronan? Im in lads! Who else got in with me?

I got it too!! Delighted!! Roll on the 12th may :)

Best phonecall that ever woke me up :-D only 13 more days

Just got the news I've been waiting for, starting on the 12th.. Awesome birthday present! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jw93

Best of luck lads

Well done lads :) n happy birthday man! Time to celebrate now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 naesrrug

Well done to those who got in, I havent recieved a call myself so I'll take that as a no. It was the waiting that was the killer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I got it too!! Delighted!! Roll on the 12th may :)

Whooop whooop! Not too long at all - nice one for nailing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Recruit class passed out today.
    Not in No 1s though, strangely enough.

What were they wearing can i ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    What were they wearing can i ask?

Working dress.
    With white belt and gaiters.

discus wrote: »
    Whooop whooop! Not too long at all - nice one for nailing it!

Cheers mate, hope all is going well for you too!

Are ye starting on the 12th? Im gutted now. I got a phone call on thursday. He said there was a problem with my garda vetting because I thought I only had to give my addresses for the last ten years? So I gave him the rest of my addresses and he said he was sending it in register post and that it wont take long because lads in temple more are being very helpful. He said he had to send a few back. He said I should hear back in two or 3 weeks. I dont know what to think now.:confused: Hope I didnt miss out now over this.

Yeah starting on the 12th, he's sending out an email to us on what to bring and stuff like that. I was a bit worried about my vetting or a while cause I don't even remember filling one out!

Got the good news. starting on the 12th also.:D:D delighted

• Advertisement

Ah great news, see ya down there so :)

Will do, :). cant wait now.

crossing my fingers here, was told its my vetting form thats holding things up, shouldn't be a problem, but i hope its not a case of first up best dressed

Did ye see on the email, there's another medical to get through?

Another full medical, why is that? I had to re-do my audio-gram, passed on second attempt but I wouldn't fancy having to do it again. I'll know my fate "early this week".

00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Did ye see on the email, there's another medical to get through?

Yea kinda worried about the audiogram side of that. Didnt do great on my last one.

Another full medical?? I didnt get any email yet. We all past first one so we should be ok with this one. I say its only a blood test, check our heart rate, blood pressure just to make sure we are ok to undergo training.

Another full medical?? I didnt get any email yet. We all past first one so we should be ok with this one. I say its only a blood test, check our heart rate, blood pressure just to make sure we are ok to undergo training.

Yeah hope so anyway cos the full medical took ages with just 6 of us on the day. Imagine how long it would take with the full class.

Got the good news. starting on the 12th also.:D:D delighted
    You got a call back this morning after being told up to 3 weeks for completion of vetting form? On Friday I was told early this week I will know, my form hasn't been processed at all yet. Nearly two months for a vetting form, I filled it out on March 4th.

• Advertisement

Yup delighted:D

Advertisement