Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers what your car ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

His: 04 Pajero
    Hers: 11 A4 TDi

Neither has been paid for by farming, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

whelan1 wrote: »
    my parents have a05 skoda superb, its a fantastic car, so much room. My da brings cancer patients to hospitals for treatment and they love the room in the back of the car...

my youngest daughter is 5ft 10ins and her nickname is "tiny" :) so you imagine the rest of us.. I'm 6-3 and looking up to the 2 sons :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

'98 Corolla. 190000miles on it. Going like a bird!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

Had superb elegance leather heated seats 04 bought it three years old for 11500 off a lad in navan put 140k replaced flywheel twice but nothing else best car i ever had and lads around me with audi and bmw could not get over the room in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

06 volkswagon transporter 2.5tdi 170,000miles love driving it
    97 audi a4 68,000 miles. got it for payment on a job over 2 years ago. (a day and a halfs work) still running perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭red bull

06 skoda superb 177k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,906 ✭✭✭threeball

whelan1 wrote: »
    00 renault scenic, most comfortable car i ever drove... bought it last year to replace my 00 avensis

You haven't driven many then Whelan? :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

1chippy wrote: »
    06 volkswagon transporter 2.5tdi 170,000miles love driving it
    97 audi a4 68,000 miles. got it for payment on a job over 2 years ago. (a day and a halfs work) still running perfect
    Unfotunately a day and a halfs work will just about cover a fill of diesel now for us tradesmen:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭razor8

98 isuzu pick up import 312,000 km on it and she's still flying it

have a 04 passat for off farm work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

06 rexton commercial, 120 k and i love it but not paid for through farming but partially i suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 spt88

98 isuzu trooper 3.1

200k on her. wanted to replace it with a whil but why fix whats not broken!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Kevin1150

07 landcruiser d4d lwb replacing a pajero that gave 18 years honest service:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

03 Rover Commerce 2.0 TD 150BHP 135k miles and worth about +/-1200 yo yos:D Does me for carrying the tools and trailer work. Get about 55mpg out of it too which aint bad in these times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Pharaoh1 wrote: »
    My old 99 Avensis will shortly hit 260k miles. I wonder is there much more left in it.

Chap that does the herding at work has a '99 avensis with over 400k miles on it so plenty of life left in yours I reckon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

94 Golf 1.6 D
    315,788 miles and going well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

99 Daihatsu Fourtrak myself and Mrs F has an 07 Mazda 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

06 mitsubishi l200 single cab with 66000 miles on it. Bought in 2008 with 26000 miles on it for Eur12000. It does about 10k per year.

I have a long commute to work and have a 08 toyota auris 1.4d4d with 202000 km on it. Mrs has an 11 renault fluence. For the cost of it, its a lovely car to drive and has ample space and the 1.5 diesel is very fuel efficient. Neither were paid for the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭fatoftheland

07 passat only 303k km on her and a beaut of a BMW 530 (05 by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭simx

07 passat only 303k km on her and a beaut of a BMW 530 (05 by the way)

beatiful tax on that 530d too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

02 VW Passat 1.9TDi 130 bHP. Great to drive but has given endless trouble. ~30k miles/ year driving.
    01 Scenic 1.? petrol. Family car, low annual mileage. An alternator went in it and other than that no problems in last 4 years. Sometimes I pull out to overtake and have to pull in again as I've forgotten I'm not in the Passat!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭restive

06 Ford Focus 100K miles 1.8 Diesel.

Paid €18,750 in 07, but mainly used for commuting to work and of course drawing a trailer to and from the co-op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

jerdee wrote: »
    Had superb elegance leather heated seats 04 bought it three years old for 11500 off a lad in navan put 140k replaced flywheel twice but nothing else best car i ever had and lads around me with audi and bmw could not get over the room in it.

Amazing peoples different experiences with similar cars. Had an identical 05 one of these and it broke my heart. C.V joints were replaced at almost every service interval and it gave cruel electrical problems which cost a fortune.

We replaced it with an 08 Honda Accord. Great car and I have an 06 D-max crew cab for the car and a 5 mile commute to the day job. Ultra reliable so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hedgecutting eddie

2006 toyota hilux 75k miles bought in 2009 with 44k miles for 16k lovely jeep every farmer shud have a crew cab

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭dasheriff

05 landcruiser with 200k km cost me 9,500 2 years ago, and a 01 skoda fabia..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

I have a Honda Accord 2.2 diesel, I'm on and off the farm with college. But the father has a 1.3 Starlet and its pulled more meal than any of the "farmers" Lancruisers and Hilux's :D With 190k miles it doesnt owe us anything!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

I have a Honda Accord 2.2 diesel
    How do find the accord? Supposed to be uber reliable. Pity the boot isn't that accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭butt1

i bought it in 1994,iam thinking of up grading,ive got a 1991 vw jetta diesel,50 miles to a gallon,311,000 miles on the clock,its paid for,if i got a good tradein ide consider it,but money is scarse so all i be spending is 2k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Wow, the average mileage of all our cars must be well above the national average, with several of you over the 200kmiles! My car is hardly run in with 94,000 miles on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭marknjb

03 passat 1.9 diesel 175000 miles on the clock . problem free touch wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Those of you with the real high milers, what's your policy, do you buy new/nearly new and run for years and years, or are you changing relatively often and just buying highish miles to begin with.

Me? I like to change relatively often, tend to buy stuff around 10 years old and 100k or so.

A mate's parents are on their third car in thirty years (and they only have this one three or four years) they buy new, service well and change when the repairs get too big.

Their last car was a two hundred and something thousand mile vento which was scrapped cos it needed a gearbox. The jeep is a 98 trooper with around a quarter of a million on the clock too. it's amazing what some mechanical sympathy and good servicing can get you.

Advertisement