Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bright green poop! Should I be worried?

• 17-06-2011 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I just got back from bringing the two dogs for a walk. Both pooped on the way and both had bright green poop! One dogs poop was greener than the other.

I mean it was really really green, no hint of brown, the colour of a postbox.

I have had dogs for years and I've never seen this.

What could this be?

They are both fed on Royal Canin Dermacomfort mini 26.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭Blueprint

They haven't been eating those green dentachew type things lately by any chance? I got some free at the dog expo a while back and it did turn my dog's poo bright green!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Blueprint wrote: »
    They haven't been eating those green dentachew type things lately by any chance? I got some free at the dog expo a while back and it did turn my dog's poo bright green!

Hmm..they had tesco value dentasticks yesterday but they weren't green.:confused: They were brown in colour.

It looked exactly like this, my older dogs was the shade of the middle one and the pup's more the shade of the ones around it. rat_poison_stool.jpg.

That photo kind of freaks me out because the website it's from is using it as an example of a reaction to rat poison!:eek:

They are both in great form however and neither have been anywhere except the back garden and on their walks. We don't keep rat poison in the house or garden and they are fully supervised on the leash while walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Hmm..they had tesco value dentasticks yesterday but they weren't green.:confused: They were brown in colour.

What is their form like?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭cc4life

we need pictures

Edited my post above to answer both your questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Edited my post above to answer both your questions.

Have you got kids?

Could they have got their paws on crayons or playdoh, paint ? :confused:

If it was rat poision they would be very poorly

We don't have kids nor do we have any crayons or paint.

I rang the vet on call and he said that it could be from eating grass. He said to watch them and if they seem unwell or vomit to call him right away.

I'm still sort of freaked out. Our grass isn't even as green as this poop! I had a dog who died from rat poisoning years ago so it's a sore point with me :(.

Advertisement