Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdresser messed up my hair - what can i do?

• 10-10-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I just wondered if anyone can help with the following scenario.

I went to the hairdressers two weeks ago with my very blonde hair. I wanted it toned down a little and showed a picture to the hairdresser of a blonde hairdo which was just a toned down version of my own but still obviously blonde, just more carmel and honey toned than my bright blonde.
    After my highlights my hair looked exactly the same as when she started so I said this to her and she said she could put in some more lowlights to tone the hair down a bit. I agreed to this and after another two hours in the seat she rinsed my hair and blowdried. I was traumatized to see my hair was not brown in colour. I left the salon and went home thinking it might not be that bad or as dark when I got a good look at it. However it was and I called the salon an hour later to complain. I explained I had shown a picture and this was a million miles away from the colour I asked for.
    We agreed that I would come in a week later to have the colour rectified. This was to give my hair a week to recover and also that some of the colour would have faded by then.

So I went in again last week to have my hair lightened. However she didnt even ask to see the picture again and while she got my hair back to a dark blonde and it is an improvement it is still nowhere near where what I asked for. I am still much darker than I wanted and of course my hair is not in great condition now after all of the colouring.
    I am furious with the salon and I think I should be given a refund as I am going to have to go elsewhere to have it done.

What do people think, should I be able to ask for a refund as I have already given them the chance to fix it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

getlean wrote: »
    Hi I just wondered if anyone can help with the following scenario.

I went to the hairdressers two weeks ago with my very blonde hair. I wanted it toned down a little and showed a picture to the hairdresser of a blonde hairdo which was just a toned down version of my own but still obviously blonde, just more carmel and honey toned than my bright blonde.
    After my highlights my hair looked exactly the same as when she started so I said this to her and she said she could put in some more lowlights to tone the hair down a bit. I agreed to this and after another two hours in the seat she rinsed my hair and blowdried. I was traumatized to see my hair was not brown in colour. I left the salon and went home thinking it might not be that bad or as dark when I got a good look at it. However it was and I called the salon an hour later to complain. I explained I had shown a picture and this was a million miles away from the colour I asked for.
    We agreed that I would come in a week later to have the colour rectified. This was to give my hair a week to recover and also that some of the colour would have faded by then.

So I went in again last week to have my hair lightened. However she didnt even ask to see the picture again and while she got my hair back to a dark blonde and it is an improvement it is still nowhere near where what I asked for. I am still much darker than I wanted and of course my hair is not in great condition now after all of the colouring.
    I am furious with the salon and I think I should be given a refund as I am going to have to go elsewhere to have it done.

What do people think, should I be able to ask for a refund as I have already given them the chance to fix it?

The repair should be 'perm'anent...

I have no idea of the legalities of it but yes I suspect going to another salon, having them fix it and then presenting the bill to the other salon would be a sensible course of action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Rather than all the hassle, just move on and remember never to deal with that salon again.

Its not the end of the world, but I do understand the importance of right colour for "blondes" as herself spends 120quid every 2 months on it (mines a tenner every 2 months).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

could be worse, at least you're not ginger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭mel123

any hairdresser first should have told you(and no I am not a hairdresser),that its very hard to recreate a hair colour/style from a photo. Going in with a picture is never going to match exactly what your hair will turn out, esp with blonde. we could put the same colour in my hair, and the same colour in your hair, and it wont be the same.
    coming from someone who had a hair disaster (yes i am talking blonde went to ORANGE), be very careful where you go if you want to try and 'fix' the problem as a lot of colouring/bleaching/highlighting your hair so much within a number of weeks in a short space of time can really ruin your hair. Ive been there, done that.

My advice, take the hit on it and find a good hairdresser that knows what they are doing to lighten you back up, and stick to the one hairdresser then every time your getting it coloured. Good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

brian plank If you have nothing helpful to post, then please don't post.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

As Mel says it is not always possible to create the exact same colour as in a picture. Many factors affect how a colour turns out. You base colour, how your hair absorbs the colour added, the condition your hair is in, the brand of colour used. My friend and I get the same colour put in our hair, in the same salon and our colours look total different.

I think I would take the advice about moving on and going elsewhere next time.

Remember the colour will fade a bit/tone down so give it a few days and see.

I would avoid do any more colour/highlights/lowlights for a while as you hair has been through a lot.

Advertisement