Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Instruments Forum Off-Topic Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Still have my Bacchus Les Paul Goldtop fitted with Bare Knuckle Mule pickups. Think i am keeping it at this stage.:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ravelleman wrote: »
    A lot of the Bacchus pushers here either left the forum or sold theirs. I played a couple of them and thought that boycey's LP style one was the nicest. Can't say i would have bought one of the Strat style models.

Anyway, I had a blue Legacy back when they were cool, before Clapton:

P1070349-2.jpg

Ooooooooooooooo G&L now there's one i've forgotten about!

Screw the fender!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Yeah, it´s a real babe. Definitely one of the nicest Strat-style guitars I´ve tried. All my pals are very jealous.

That being said, I´d also love to get my hands on an S-500 - much truer to Leo Fender´s later vision and, if the large MFDs on my ASAT Special Deluxe No Top are anything to go by, the MFD pickups would be sexual.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

A lot of the Bacchus pushers here either left the forum or sold theirs. I played a couple of them and thought that boycey's LP style one was the nicest. Can't say i would have bought one of the Strat style models.

Anyway, I had a blue Legacy back when they were cool, before Clapton:

P1070349-2.jpg

Boycey git rid of his Las Paul in the end but has got a nice Strat since. A mutual friend of ours up home has similar G&L to yours that beats any Fender I've ever played. Love the look of your one..

Now i have a spot of GAS for this Bacchus Les Paul
    See it on Jap site for €827 + shipping etc.;)

img59601595.jpg

img59601596.jpg?_ex=350x350

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

There are some exquisite Bacchus guitars on Rakuten at the moment. If I ever get myself an SG with P-90s I think I'll have to give them a shot.

There are some exquisite Bacchus guitars on Rakuten at the moment. If I ever get myself an SG with P-90s I think I'll have to give them a shot.

Damn man, you just gave my Bacchus link away.;)

They're mine, all mine! You can have second pick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

zafo wrote: »
    Boycey git rid of his Las Paul in the end but has got a nice Strat since. A mutual friend of ours up home has similar G&L to yours that beats any Fender I've ever played. Love the look of your one..

I was rather fond of that Les Paul. However, my back wasn't! I just can't play Les Pauls anymore, too heavy for me. That's the only reason that one went, and it's still missed!! Now Doc J - that man has some serious Bacchus kit at this stage, basses and guitars, and everyone of 'em phenomenal.

For the nostalgia, my Les paul and my Hamer, both gone, both missed!!
    S1050594.jpg

boycey wrote: »
    Now Doc J - that man has some serious Bacchus kit at this stage, basses and guitars, and everyone of 'em phenomenal.

What ever happened to the Doc? Is he back in 1955 or what?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boycey

What ever happened to the Doc? Is he back in 1955 or what?:)
    He hit 84mph in his De Lorean, and that's the last we saw of him!

boycey wrote: »
    He hit 84mph in his De Lorean, and that's the last we saw of him!

Lol......Flux Capacitor probably bucked and un-fixable.:)

Looks like a lot of his old pals have moved on too.

I remember the Bacchus well, as I said to you before, boycey! It was certainly a back breaker but I think the doc's was too, no?

I'm waiting for a friend to give me back an adaptor for my camera - it's Spanish and I can't recharge it over here. Once I have that again I'll post a family pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ordered a couple of Musikding kit, fuzz face and an SHO clone. Should be a bit of fun to put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

stetyrrell wrote: »
    Ordered a couple of Musikding kit, fuzz face and an SHO clone. Should be a bit of fun to put together.

Great little kits for the money & a great way to learn the basics before you move on to bigger projects, even if you go wrong most of the components are re usable
    Been planning to build a rockbox boiling point & mabye a suhr shiba drive

Great little kits for the money & a great way to learn the basics before you move on to bigger projects, even if you go wrong most of the components are re usable
    Been planning to build a rockbox boiling point & mabye a suhr shiba drive

Where do you buy the Suhr clone pedals?

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

I build them in vero board & buy the components from musikding
    So far ive done
    Lovepedal purple plexi 800 housed with a Z Vex Sho & a D*A*M meathead

from these two

http://www.sabrotone.com/?page_id=4

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ie/2010/07/zvex-super-hard-on-updated-version.html

The purple plexi is my favourite distortion of about 6 that i own

6432291919_553aae77f9_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Got my first Musikding kit on Monday, a tube screamer. Put it together the other night, and really pleased with it so far. Will definitely be using them again.
    This is my second pedal build, after a fuzz face. Great satisfaction in playing your own pedals!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

There's something kind of cool-looking about this guitar:
    306845_478001278891892_1672220461_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Malice wrote: »
    There's something kind of cool-looking about this guitar:

I would have to disagree. I don't know about anyone else but I hate gimmicky guitars like that. Seems like your trying to compensate for lack of skill or just trying to be as metal-as-fuck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

just started a full time job, a month out of college, got my first monthly paycheque there the other day. been browsing U-Box...

19-325664002_l.jpg

convince me to buy this please.

Parsley wrote: »
    just started a full time job, a month out of college, got my first monthly paycheque there the other day. been browsing U-Box...

19-325664002_l.jpg

Buy it or I will.

Quick question for any drummers, when you buy drum heads, do they tend to come in pairs, or do you have to buy seperate ones for the beater and the reso side? Most sites are feckin' confusing me as I'm a guitarist.

Just ate a peanut butter sandwich and a banana separately but taking alternate bites. No bacon or anything but fairly high on the Elvis scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭zafo

Buy it or I will.

Quick question for any drummers, when you buy drum heads, do they tend to come in pairs, or do you have to buy seperate ones for the beater and the reso side? Most sites are feckin' confusing me as I'm a guitarist.

You buy them separately, reso will last a lot longer than beater so you'd end up with loads extra pretty fast if bought as a pair.

That bass is gorgeous. Do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

19-325664002_l.jpg

Do it! Sherwood green is a fantastical colour! I have a bass in that colour and it just looks awesome. Depending on the light it looks darker green, very bright or even almost blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Isn't it almost a given that your first proper paycheck should be spent on something outragous, cause that's what I'm going to do when I get my first paycheck next month. Looking at a damn expensive bottle of whiskey and then see where to go for there :D.

I bought a bunch of pedals and another G&L!

Bought the OR15 out of my first two paychecks, and will probably keep spending the rest on gear.

Isn't it almost a given that your first proper paycheck should be spent on something outragous
    Damn right! I landed a contracting job in Boston one summer which I ended up only getting paid for once the two months work was completed. Cue me walking into a Guitar Center with a few thousand dollars burning a hole in my pocket. Logically I should have been thinking "This cash should see me through nicely until Christmas". Of course I was really thinking "Holy crap I can afford anything except those vintage Les Pauls." I ended up a happy owner of the Strat here and still managed not to starve when I went back to college :).

• Advertisement

Seems like your trying to compensate for lack of skill or just trying to be as metal-as-fuck!
    Sure why do you think I play 5/6 string basses and 7/8 string guitars :p

Advertisement