Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

lost wire money transfer

Options
  • 22-04-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

i need help what do i do when the Irish bank , AIB has lost my money in a wire transfer from Ireland to USA. they say they cant find it now. 9 days since i put in the transfer. what should i do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Have they confirmed the details on your application where correct?

USA banks can take very long for putting traces on funds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 mullen

YES I HAVE HAD ALL DETAILS CHECKED and call aib by phone every morning at 4.30 am califorina time 7 times i am fed up with the irish banks they cant be trusted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

if you have confirmed with AIB that you have transferred the money then get it in writing and confirm with the other side that the details of destination bank are correct.

if possible fax the letter to the person in USA to bring to the bank and let them deal with it over at that end - you have proof you have sent it 9days ago,

Sounds like the bank you sent the money to has it and can no apply it to a bank account.

It could be a matter of the details on your application to not reflect the details on the persons account.

Is it into your own account? If so you need to get something in writing from AIB. Banks will state that if the money is lost due to an error on the application then the fault lies with you and its your tough. So getting something in writting is very important.

i have found my money out of no-where it arriver back in my a/c in ireland now what went on for 10 days. be carefull when doing anything with any IRISH BANK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

mullen wrote: »
    i have found my money out of no-where it arriver back in my a/c in ireland now what went on for 10 days. be carefull when doing anything with any IRISH BANK.

Why do you assume it was the Irish Bank, maybe the american bank.

it never arrived into my USA a/c i did check every day my trust in them is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

mullen wrote: »
    it never arrived into my USA a/c i did check every day my trust in them is gone

I'm glad for you that your "trust in them is gone".:rolleyes:

AIB would have sent it on to the details you provided. In all likelihood, the money was not with AIB for the last 10 days but, in fact, with your (or another) bank (who couldn't find which account to put the money in).

The fact that the money was returned by the receiving bank should highlight this to you.

I would suggest reading here for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

9 days... how many working days? I'm guessing 7? International wire-transfers can take 4 working days normally, but if you supplied any wrong details, it can take longer. And as the money was returned, it seems you have given the wrong details. Did you give the full IBAN and BIC codes? I've done a few transfers to Scotland and Germany, and they usually take 4 days to process: with the right details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

We'll wait and see what the OP says was wrong in the first place. Suprisingly the retail US banking system is often not as advanced as our own - look at their huge ongoing dependence on cheques, no IBAN, no chip and pin etc.
    The funds could have been in the US under query, especially if wrong details where provided.

• Advertisement

YES THE Banks HERE DO HAVE EVERYTHING YOU SAY IN YOUR REPLY they do not have as for cheques every country is still using them but i have not for 3 years. my money never arrive here in USA as i did give the right swift code an a/c # so now this subject is over i got my money back

Rashers72 wrote: »
    We'll wait and see what the OP says was wrong in the first place. Suprisingly the retail US banking system is often not as advanced as our own - look at their huge ongoing dependence on cheques, no IBAN, no chip and pin etc.
    The funds could have been in the US under query, especially if wrong details where provided.

So you now wondering why you got you money back?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Did you give a routing code?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

Does 'this subject is over I got my money back' actually mean 'Oops I just realised it was my mistake'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

sarahlulu wrote: »
    Does 'this subject is over I got my money back' actually mean 'Oops I just realised it was my mistake'?

I suspect so. Usually what happens if the receiving bank cannot apply funds, then the funds are simply returned, and the only advice to the receiving Bank is the original reference of the funds being returned.

Having see a large number of such returns, 99% of the errors as due to insufficient payment details being provided on the original payment.

Advertisement