Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[RULES QUESTIONS]Any questions or are unsure about anything, ask here before posting.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭MWoods

Thanks and understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

What would be an exceptable amount of time to give someone to post something bought in the adverts forum after payment has been received and confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Beez wrote: »
    What would be an exceptable amount of time to give someone to post something bought in the adverts forum after payment has been received and confirmed?

I would give or take 2 weeks then give a call. its hard to answer that question thought to be honest.
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭CaptainCook

I have an item up for sale and it has been up a while and nobody has expressed an interest, somebody called over to me last night and had a look at said item and expressed an item. He is not on boards. If he bid offfline and no one had bid online, could i just ask the mod to close the thread.

Hey captaincook.
    You can post on the thread that the item is removed from sale for X reason.
    Andy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Sgt.pepper

hey andy

just wondering if putting up a add lets say 'wii/ps3/xbox for aeg'
    against the rules? i thought you could only put a non airsoft item to trade for a specific airsoft item eg 'ps3 trade for scar' ?

thanks

ps look at this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055871145

is it allowed or not?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

This came up before, you can post an 'airsoft item wanted' ad here and offer to trade non airsoft kit but you can't just post non specifically. That's what adverts.ie is for.

ah makes sense, thanks steve, havnt seen yah around in the airsoft forum in a while :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Been busy of late Sgt but still like to help out when I can :D

Steve wrote: »
    Been busy of late Sgt but still like to help out when I can :D

You mean we let you out of your cave when we can :D
    Now back in your cave :P

• Advertisement

dont worry steve
    we got one bad*ss mod thats straight outt'a compton....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

is it ok to advertise brittish dpm camo pants for sale,i bought them online and there too small for me

Brit dpm is perfectly legal so theres no problems there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Questions for ye, I've made a small run of custom parts for AUGs which I'm intending to sell on, is this allowable on here or would it fall foul of commercial selling rules? (mods feel free to PM and I'll tell you what, but I'll not mention it in the thread for fear of unauthorised advertising!)

Treadhead wrote: »
    Questions for ye, I've made a small run of custom parts for AUGs which I'm intending to sell on, is this allowable on here or would it fall foul of commercial selling rules? (mods feel free to PM and I'll tell you what, but I'll not mention it in the thread for fear of unauthorised advertising!)

Once they dont make any airsoft device over the 1J mark i wouldnt see a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I'd be amazed if they could!!

Ta muchly!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

ok i dont really know what to do here, ill explaine i have a raider up for trade but i think im just gonna sell it now how do i change the heading from for trade to for sale or will i just post a new thread. i would appreciate any help as i dont really know if there is rules for this. thanks johnjoe

johnjoe96 wrote: »
    ok i dont really know what to do here, ill explaine i have a raider up for trade but i think im just gonna sell it now how do i change the heading from for trade to for sale or will i just post a new thread. i would appreciate any help as i dont really know if there is rules for this. thanks johnjoe
    Best thing is to pm a mod for advice - or - report your own ad with your concerns and all the mods will be notified.

In this case, I've looked at your ad and have no problem with you changing it to a for sale ad. I've closed the current one, feel free to list a fresh 'for sale' ad.

Please be specific about your asking price and terms of sale this time, the first ad was verging on 'interest checking' and that is frowned upon here as it (to put it mildly) may slightly upset the established community. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭johnjoe96

nice one steve thanks for the info. new enough to this. thanks again

My pleasure johnjoe, it's always better to ask before shooting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

can you have a thread here on boards selling something and an ad on adverts.ie selling the same thing? Or would this be considered off-thread dealing?

I think advert.ie had a problem with selling airsoft device's there before.

But if for example you had offers on the item here and you accepted and then recieved a better offer via adverts more than likely you would go for the better offer causing some problems.
    Andy

Speaking as an adverts.ie mod as well, it would be preferable if you kept it to one place or the other but not both for the reasons explained by Andy.

Airsoft guns aren't permitted on adverts.ie so I assume you're talking about ancillary equipment ;).

If you have something on adverts and want to move it here (or vice versa) then drop me a pm and we can sort it out as long as it's within the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

A user posts a wanted ad for an item, I reply offering to sell said item but OP declines. I don't advertise the item for sale. A couple of weeks later another user PMs me asking if I am selling the item in question.

Is this considered to be off-thread dealing given that apart from replying to a wanted post I never advertised the item for sale and the user who PM'd me had no connection to the original wanted post? My reading of it is that it is merely a private deal between two users but I would like guidance/clarification before going any further as I have no wish to incur the wrath of the mods. Can I/we proceed as a private deal or do I need to post a for sale ad to make it kosher?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Steve wrote: »
    There's a couple of situations this can happen in.

1. A FOR SALE thread where someone offers a trade for the item being sold and the offer is specifically rejected by the seller (OP).
    2. A WANTED thread where someone offers their item and the offer is specifically rejected by the buyer (OP).

To stay within the rules, you have the following options:

1. You can not post on the thread to say that you want the offered item, this would be considered thread-spoiling.

2. If the person offering the item already has a for sale thread here for it then you may place an offer on that thread.

3. You can post your own WANTED thread here for the item in question (best option all round imo, you may also get better items offered to you).

4. If the person offering the item does not have a for sale thread here for it then you may contact them privately (PM) *provided* that you only contact them after their offer was rejected. Bear in mind though that randomly contacting people via PM could possibly leave you open to your PM being reported and being dealt with by a site admin as possible spam. I've no control or say in in the matter if that happens.

I hope that makes sense, if not please ask :)

Steve replied on the very same question on March 23

Thanks DeBurca, that's correct.

Cyprinus, absolutely you're free to deal privately like this. Bear in mind if anything goes wrong with the deal then we (mods) aren't in a position to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭M4A1guy

Hello. Im just wondering about a GR15 G&G blowback and im thinking of creating a thread to see if they are available. But i wont have the money untill Christmas? Do i have to wait untill then or is it ok to start the thread now?

It would be best to wait until you have funds available to you. Or the other option is keep an eye on the adverts sub forum and see if one pops up in your price range.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭M4A1guy

thanks :) just wanted to clear it so i wouldnt get a bad name if i did so

• Advertisement

Hi,
    I am a new company with a new website and would like info on how best to promote it on boards.ie , costs, etc. The web address is <Snip>

To promote a website please contact board.ie Ltd. at Hello@boards.ie

Advertisement