Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortgage Increase

Options
  • 30-04-2010 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey guys
    Just looking for a quick opinion on this. I just received a letter from my mortgage provider (ICS) advising that the mortgage is increasing this month. Apparently (I actually haven't see letter yet as I'm in work still) the rate is increasing by 0.6%. Does that seem high to anyone else? I understand that as i'm on the standard variable we were all going to be hit with an increase soon but I was expecting more along the lines of 0.25 - 0.5% (max).

Also, I know that ICS are a part of BOI, and I dont remember hearing them saying they were increasing their rates as of yet. I suppose my question is are the provider allowed pass on different increments to different customers?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bank of Ireland announced a couple of weeks back that they were increasing their rates by 0.5% and ICS announced that they were to increase theirs by 0.6%

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0409/boi.html

ICS are to be sold by BOI, so I imagine they tacked on an extra 0.1% to make the company look more attractive to a potential buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

we got the letter from boi increased by 0.5 %.... f*****s

Advertisement