Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dean Guitars Tribute to Dime

• 01-03-2005 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭

Dean Guitars have a couple of Dime models coming out this year, check them out here:

http://www.deanguitars.com/dimebag.php

I'm not too fond of the new "razorback" model, but the "Dean from Hell" is pure Dime.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

That razorback is gack imo. I never liked the Dimebag Signature model. The guitarist from my old band got one and it's horrible I think. Too big to play. What's wrong with nice, small guitars like a Les Paul or Super Strat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

they are mad lookin the slime bumblebee is cool tho... ah to have a million quid

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

The FBD Dime is the only one ther that attracts me.lovely quilt on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Blargh, I do not like that Razorback at all. Seems very "Ironbird" style.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I picked up a copy of Guitar Legends yesterday, dedicated to Dime - required reading guys!
    There's a couple of great interviews about his guitars, amps, rig, style etc....get a copy before it sells out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Been reading the Guitar World tribute issue. Touching stuff. I was unaware Eddie Van Halen gave Darrell his yellow Charvel (as seen on the back of VHII) to be buried with.

Damn. That alone says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Apparently they only met for the first time a few months ago, the brothers Abbott and the brothers Van Halen, and struck up an instant rapport. Darrell asked if he could skip the queue and buy one of the new Charvels Eddie is taping up and selling at the moment, a yellow one like the famous one on VHII. Eddie said he would make him one but that Darrell was going to be there in person when he did it. As fate prevented this from happening, Eddie gave him the actual guitar, which is what Darrell was holding when he was buried (plus his signed Judas Priest Metalogy box set, an EVH MXR Phaser and some Crown Royal).

Sh1t, i never knew that.
    I got just about every mag with Dime's face on it that came out over the past two months, but didnt manage to get that GW issue.
    plus his signed Judas Priest Metalogy box set, an EVH MXR Phaser and some Crown Royal
    - legend.

Advertisement