Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great timelapse video of Hanoi, Vietnam (with a great tune).

Options
  • 16-12-2011 4:45am

My dutch friend has spent the last few months making this video and it's worth sharing on here.. The music is pretty cool aswell. If ya wanna see what a moped city looks like, watch it. :cool:

Been here 10 months and this video is giving me nostalgia while I'm still living here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Spent a few weeks there 2 years ago, mental place. Also the best country i have ever been in (outside of the cities!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Spent some time there myself too and that video really capture the feeling of living in an ants nest that I felt when I was there. A whole city of what seems like organised chaos to an outsider. Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Great video, it really shows you how crazy their roads are. Vietnam is definitely one of the top places I want to visit.

Happy to say this has went viral.. On Vietnamese news aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

Thanks to the OP for the vid.

I'm gonna go there to sell traffic lights and make my fortune.

Amyone know if traffic lights are banned in Vietnam?

• Advertisement

They're not banned.. But they have different laws. Here, they're merely a suggestion. "Maybe you should stop."

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

They're not banned.. But they have different laws. Here, they're merely a suggestion. "Maybe you should stop."

Is there much road rage then?

Na, never really.. It's just normal that it's chaotic. You can't drive 5 minutes without someone driving at you the wrong way or some old woman with her bicycle walking across a main road without looking. Every red light is broken by someone and then everyone else follows.

Advertisement