Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pc parts in Ireland?

• 25-12-2011 4:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,I'm build my own pc and I'm looking for a website or a shop (in the south Dublin area) that sells the parts closer to how much they *should* cost!
    I went in to maplins off jervis street and the parts I'm looking to get were atleast double what I found them to be on "newegg" (I converted the dollar to euro)

So bottom-line,anyone know any places to buy parts at a reasonable price,my budget is €1200 for everything including peripherals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

You could always try komplett or elara which are both web shops but you can collect from them in Dublin (laser/credit card required for both though)

Is there any specific reason why you want to get parts in Dublin ? a few sites abroad have a better selection of parts at cheaper prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I'm not sure where exactly they are based (their site is down at the minute) but Komplett.ie is your best option

Trevor451 wrote: »
    You could always try komplett or elara which are both web shops but you can collect from them in Dublin (laser/credit card required for both though)

any reason why you want to get parts in Dublin though? a few sites abroad have better selection of parts at cheaper prices.

Have a look at this fourm
    pfffffffffffffft:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheJoebocop

Sorry meant to say a website that ships to Ireland!My fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Sorry meant to say a website that ships to Ireland!My fault

Lots of boardsies have ordered off hardwareversand.de (my self included) and have had no problems with them. You can only pay them through bank transfer though.

Even with shipping at €30 (flat rate), if you buy a whole build off there you are looking at saving a good bit of money compared to the other online retailers / bricks and mortar shops

• Advertisement

Thanks,I'll probably go with komplett,I'm 14 and relying solely on a 3v card for said transactions so unfortunately bank transfers are out of the question.Thanks for all the help though!:)

Thanks,I'll probably go with komplett,I'm 14 and relying solely on a 3v card for said transactions so unfortunately bank transfers are out of the question.Thanks for all the help though!:)
    Outta curiosity, can you not go into the Bank with an Adult and set up an Account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Amazon.co.uk can be competitive on some components, and sometimes they're eligible for free shipping, so it's worth checking them out as well.

Outta curiosity, can you not go into the Bank with an Adult and set up an Account?

I didn't know that,I must check that out cuz' the prices on hardwareversand are pretty good.

Kepti wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk can be competitive on some components, and sometimes they're eligible for free shipping, so it's worth checking them out as well.

Thanks,I'll give them a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Ventor

For hardwareversand.de, they are somewhat limited in their delivery address input. I want it shipped to work which is in one of the offices at the Sweepstakes but no way for me to input this (house number / street combination too long). My office has no house number, just a house name.
    How did you guys enter a more usual Irish address?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Dabs.ie is also a good one. I'm 15 and also building my own PC soon :) Wish I had that budget though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30 anto543

With a 3V card you can only spend €350 max on a single purchase (I believe)

You should get a Swirl mastercard from this site here. http://www.swirlcard.com/

I've been using the 3V card up until I discovered the Swirl card, and I must say it's ten fold better than the 3V card.

As for Pc parts I just spent €600 on an upgrade from www.dabs.ie and everything has gone smooth so far, that was with the Swirl card (which you can load up to €2500 on, and works like a real credit card, not a voucher - unlike the 3V card.)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,295 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

as mentioned earlier go to this forum and fill in the required information and they will give you the best gaming pc you can get for your budget and what you don't need
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842
    but with a €1200 budget you will wipe the floor with the likes of Dell
    you may not even need that much as if you look around you will see you can get a decent gaming rig for a lot less, but I would recommend Getting an SSD drive in your build

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Dabs.ie is also a good one. I'm 15 and also building my own PC soon :) Wish I had that budget though! :(

Cool,what is your budget?

anto543 wrote: »
    With a 3V card you can only spend €350 max on a single purchase (I believe)

You should get a Swirl mastercard from this site here. http://www.swirlcard.com/

I've been using the 3V card up until I discovered the Swirl card, and I must say it's ten fold better than the 3V card.

As for Pc parts I just spent €600 on an upgrade from www.dabs.ie and everything has gone smooth so far, that was with the Swirl card (which you can load up to €2500 on, and works like a real credit card, not a voucher - unlike the 3V card.)
    That looks much better,I'll order one as soon as I get back to my current computer!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Cool,what is your budget?
    350 :o

You could still get a decent enough build with that amount
    (this guys voice makes me rage but he speaks the truth!)
    http://m.youtube.com/#/view_playlist?p=58491023488CA0A4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Not a bad bundle deal for this on Dabs.ie:

Asus M5A97 PRO S/L AMD Motherboard
    AMD FX-6100 AM3+ 3.3GHz 14MB 95W Black Edition Six Core Processor
    Patriot 4GB (2x2GB) G2 Series DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Memory

€222.83

http://www.dabs.ie/products/asus-amd-gamer-bundle--includes-m5a97-pro-s-l-motherboard--fx-6100---4gb-ddr3-memory--7SY6.html?refs=48750000&src=3

as for Maplins, they're a complete rip-off, some of their PSU's have double in price over the last few weeks, not to mention everything else they have put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Akarinn

Yes amazon all the way... All those other "irish" websites are an actual ripp off... Their prices are wayyyyy to high...

So yes, Amazon.co.uk is the place to buy your parts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

These guys in Navan do custom builds apparently? :cool:
    http://navanpc.com/shop.htm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Akarinn wrote: »
    Yes amazon all the way... All those other "irish" websites are an actual ripp off... Their prices are wayyyyy to high...

So yes, Amazon.co.uk is the place to buy your parts..

Amazon can be fairly expensive compared to many of the UK online shops, don't get me started on their stupid not shipping certain stuff to Ireland policy. Some Irish retailers are very decent and competitively priced, memoryc for RAM and hard disks for e.g are fairly good, elara.ie can also be quite competitive on certain items

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I've bought most of my parts off Komplett. I like the free delivery and the fact that if there is a problem, I can just get on the phone and speak to someone sitting in Dublin. To me it's worth the small bit extra the parts costs. You can also talk to them here on boards.ie if any issues come up. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=242

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

your better off using an O2 money card rather than 3v.

the o2 money card works like a visa debit card and you dont need to reenter a new number everytime if you choose to pay via paypal.

Advertisement