Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How British are You?

• 14-04-2012 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

What do you love about our neighbours?
    Do you like them alot more than the kuntz next door.

Ya?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

How is liking them to some degree being british?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭ Ayaan Gorgeous Court

The kuntz next door to our neighbours...

Why, that's us! Heyyyyyyyy. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

I hate those Brit cu*ts.

Erm, what time are United playing on Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

love about them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Trash Ninja

I was sent to Coventry for 8 years.

Literally.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

The British?

Ah shure they're a grand bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

'Everyone likes to see England loose at sport... and war' - Tommy Tiernan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

'Everyone likes to see England loose at sport... and war' - Tommy Tiernan

i only ever liked to see them lose at soccer and that has decreased since I stopped reading their newspapers. I remember hearing on Atlantic 252 after Brazil knocked them out of the world cup in 2002(?) how they were professionals paid to win so why didn't they win. Priceless, even if you were going to believe in that silly logic the Brazil team combined would have been paid a lot more than the English one. saying that at the Olympics or something I like to see British athletes do well in the absence of Irish ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Nowt wrong with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sitec wrote: »
    Nowt wrong with them.

Rabble,Rabble 800 years etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I bleed blue, red and white, mostly red though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I liked that Saint, Saint Oliver Cromwell. He seemed liked a decent Christian man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Senorwipesalot, why did you feel the need to ask the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Senorwipesalot, why did you feel the need to ask the question?

Ooh, you're getting a bit defensive - pure, unbridled hatred much?

C'mon, it's AH, he's just having a bait'n'goad.

Seriously though, if anybody considered themselves 1% British (without blood relations), the vast majority of our miserable plebeian population would label them a turn-coat.

A better question would be "Why are so many people so nationalistic when we've evolved beyond the need for it?".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I love their TV and music.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Great Comedy and some good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

I was conceived in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Just getting scientific for a moment, I'd imagine DNA taken from many Irish people would show similarities to DNA taken from white English people. Irish people and English people have been "intermingling" for many centuries.

We are probably more "British" than we care to admit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I was conceived in London.

Your ma's called London? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

I was sent to Coventry for 8 years.

Literally.

I lived there 12 years! Dump of a place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

chughes wrote: »

We are probably more "British" than we care to admit.

Nah, they are more Irish than they care to admit.

I like Brits, just couldn't eat a full one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Most of the Brits I have encountered in my life are very stingy, I dont know why that is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Dont have a problem with most of them, like the Irish and other countries there are some good ones and bad ones :-)

Never ask a foreigner where he is from. If he is not english he will tell you within a few minutes, and if he is English, why embarrass him ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Ghandee wrote: »
    I liked that saint Oliver Cromwell. He seemed liked a decent Christian man.
    Oliver Cromwell is misunderstood in history. He should really be liked in Ireland. If he didn't do what he did with the killing at Drogheda, people would admire him much more than they do.

You just have to look at it from a historical point of view and understand these things happened back then. Cromwell actually give orders for his soldiers to not harm the country folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I love their foods like Tikka Masala....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm in England right now :eek: so.... very British?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Oliver Cromwell is misunderstood in history. He should really be liked in Ireland. If he didn't do what he did with the killing at Drogheda, people would admire him much more than they do.

You just have to look at it from a historical point of view and understand these things happened back then. Cromwell actually give orders for his soldiers to not harm the country folk.

What a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

KeithAFC wrote: »

Woww
    Come -on Keith it could be argued he was histories the first republican, now I have never seen any of your posts expressing a love of republicans.

He committed regicide to assert the rule of parliament but then he became a king and such a tyrant that when he died people demanded the restoration of the monarchy.

But yes the world was put on a path to true democracy.

But Keith a republican, well I never.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

To answer the OP, id imagine many of the west-Brits on boards are very British, even though they were born here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

NinjaK wrote: »
    What a troll.
    Look up the history. Oliver Cromwell tried to over throw the Monarchy and many people should like him for that in Ireland. The problem comes with what he did during Drogheda. That is the main problem.

But if he hadn't done that, he would probably be admired in some quarters.

Advertisement