Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Avensis radio - no sound

• 21-11-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi folks,
    The radio on my 2002 Toyota Avensis has an issue whereby the sound intermittently cuts out, as if it's been muted.
    The display shows info as if music / radio is still playing.
    It will then come back at unexpected times, generally after the car has been idle for a day or so.

Any ideas?

Is there a mute function on these radios that could be causing the problem?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

connman wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    The radio on my 2002 Toyota Avensis has an issue whereby the sound intermittently cuts out, as if it's been muted.
    The display shows info as if music / radio is still playing.
    It will then come back at unexpected times, generally after the car has been idle for a day or so.

Any ideas?

Is there a mute function on these radios that could be causing the problem?
    Thanks!
    What model no. is written on front face of your radio
    usually starts with W

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭MobileAudio

Could possibly be a bad speaker or a speaker wire shorting out somewhere to the car body. A common place for this problem is speakers in the shelf above a saloon cars boot as the terminals sometimes get bent or moved by things being stuffed in the boot causing them to short on a metal part of the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 connman

What model no. is written on front face of your radio
    usually starts with W

Thanks for replies folks.

The radio model no. Is W53804.

Still no life in it. I'll take a look at the speakers for exposed wires.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

connman wrote: »
    Thanks for replies folks.

The radio model no. Is W53804.

Still no life in it. I'll take a look at the speakers for exposed wires.
    Going from experience , the fault which is repairable is in the unit and not in speakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 connman

Going from experience , the fault which is repairable is in the unit and not in speakers.

Oh right I see. Is it easily repairable? What should I be looking for? I can remove the head unit and diagnose faults if I know what I'm looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement