Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UL Aeronautical Students or Graduates

Options
  • 08-07-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey everyone,

I attended UL in 2011/12 studying Eng. Choice. In a nutshell, partied too much, attended far too little, and resulted in a big fat first year F.
    Good news is I've applied to repeat (pricey!) and will be heading into UL aeronautical eng. starting 2016/17.

Now I'm wondering if any current or past aero students could help me, I've not even looked at a maths book since dropping out in 2012 and even then I wasn't exactly competent.

Where do I start refreshing my memory? I got a measly C3 in higher level maths in my leaving and a B1 in Physics. I'm trying to structure a study timetable of sorts but I've no idea where to start.

Any good books/resources? Or advice on how you found the course content?

I'd like both constructive advice / reassurance / encouraging words.
    Can you guarantee yourself a pass if you work hard enough or is there a certain element of natural ability required?

Any answers in the form of pm or post would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I would have thought a higher C3 and a B1 would be good grades to be starting the course and if you're starting off again I would be thinking of refreshing stuff you did on the leaving.

There's no point in attempting anything you did in UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pat_McGroyne

I happen to be a scribe/academic advisor entering 2nd year Aero Eng in UL. Grinds available if you require, A1 in both maths modules. I think if you're cute about the exam, and know a few tips and tricks, the exam is definitely passable.

Advertisement