Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Screen mirror dongle

• 24-11-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi all,can I get some advice please,I'm currently using a hdmi cable and a mhl connector to watch mainly movies on my tv through my android tablet (this is a pain as I could do with out the cable what with small kids around) I'm wondering will this work for me it's called a " omnicast screen mirror dongle" I would need it to work with showbox and netflix or can someone recommend a simular product thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Google Chromecast stick does the same thing for £30 sterling and if you have an Android tablet you're guaranteed it will work. I'd avoid that gadget you're looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭uisce33

Thanks for the reply I will look it up on eBay I presume

• Registered Users Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

No, buy it from Amazon UK. For £30 its not worth the risk of getting some Chinese knock-off that doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Duffers11

Hi, hope someone can help. I installed playbox on the iPad (1st gen) and works a treat. I wanted to stream it to the tv now and went and bought the iconbit omnicast dongle. Installed it along with the ezcast app and I just can't get it to work at all. I was reading up on it but think I might need to install cydia, then appsync unified and then app cake to stream! Tried to do this but couldn't. Anyone have any recommendations, going spare trying to hook it up! Thanks

Advertisement