Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying smartphone online vs shop

• 27-07-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'm looking to buy the new samsung s4 or HTC one and considering doing it online. The main reason being there sim free so I can switch to 48. Is pixmania a trusted company? I seen phonesonline aswell and it looks good but more expensive than pixmania.
    Any help would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Try Amazon via Flubit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Amazon is a safe bet because of the no quibble guarantee,
    Parcel Motel if they wont send it over here.

Another option is Vodafone PAYG, and then unlock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mrpockets09

Thanks for that, I looked into buying one from a few diff networks and for meteor and vodafone I have to spend 130 euro credit on the phone before I can unblock it, and o2 I have to have phone for 3 months 1st. I wanted to switch to 48 straight away because of the good deal and I don't want to go bill pay! I'm not really good at this oredering online crack as I'm a bit cautious it could be a scam! If ye were in my position what way would ye do it? I cant buy directly from samsung either unlike apple unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Pixmania is a trustable company :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, I looked into buying one from a few diff networks and for meteor and vodafone I have to spend 130 euro credit on the phone before I can unblock it, and o2 I have to have phone for 3 months 1st. I wanted to switch to 48 straight away because of the good deal and I don't want to go bill pay! I'm not really good at this oredering online crack as I'm a bit cautious it could be a scam! If ye were in my position what way would ye do it? I cant buy directly from samsung either unlike apple unfortunately!

I meant unlock yourself (not difficult, with a little guidance) but I see the prices aren't as competitive as they used to be, so forget that option.

Phonesonline are based in Greystones, if that's reassuring? Amazon is a little cheaper, but won't ship directly to you (just tried to test buy an S4).

Advertisement