Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dcully wrote: »
    As much as ive been looking forward to the game i probably wont get it straight away.
    Since i recently experienced Tera i reckon nothing will take me from it until GW2 is released, not even DiabloIII :eek:

So how's tera? I was really looking forward to it, but I hold back on it die to Diablo 3, I have. I time for 2 time sinks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So how's tera? I was really looking forward to it, but I hold back on it die to Diablo 3, I have. I time for 2 time sinks!

Fantastic so far,the combat blows everything else out of the water imo.
    Theres a thread over on the mmo forums about it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=329

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Can't wait till i get my CE... be awesome partying up with all the mortals with my master race wizard angel.

Hopefully the peasant players can't unlock the wings at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Magill wrote: »
    Can't wait till i get my CE... be awesome partying up with all the mortals with my master race wizard angel.

I've given up on my quest to get the CE, the only place I could pick it up would mean waiting over a week for it to be delivered and there's not a hope I can do that so alas I shall be a peasant.

I will resent those wings and everyone who has them, knowing they also have Diablo's head sitting on their desk.

First world problems!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

just went up 7 euro on gamestop.ie

why did I wait to order :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Big Knox wrote: »
    I've given up on my quest to get the CE, the only place I could pick it up would mean waiting over a week for it to be delivered and there's not a hope I can do that so alas I shall be a peasant.

I will resent those wings and everyone who has them, knowing they also have Diablo's head sitting on their desk.

Friend of mine had the same problem, but he managed to get a CE and asked Blizzard if he bought the digital version could he upgrade that to the CE and get his cash back for the digital version and they said YES.. oddly enough. Have a chat with Blizzard if you're still keen on having the CE and playing the minute it's released too.

Might be an idea to give them the impression you already ordered the CE though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Big Knox wrote: »

You can touch my wings. Peasant... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Friend of mine had the same problem, but he managed to get a CE and asked Blizzard if he bought the digital version could he upgrade that to the CE and get his cash back for the digital version and they said YES.. oddly enough. Have a chat with Blizzard if you're still keen on having the CE and playing the minute it's released too.

That's what I plan on doing, have the digital copy ordered and pre downloaded and have the CE from GameStop on the way...
    You can touch my wings. Peasant... :P

LOL :D

I've decided to take two weeks off work now, just incase I really really like it :p

Only about 95 hours to go!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

CombatCow wrote: »
    Only about 95 hours to go!!!

97 hours too many! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

lol. Hope it gets lost in the post Mag :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Hmm interesting, that's very good of them if it's true. Will look into it thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

airgilbert wrote: »
    just went up 7 euro on gamestop.ie

why did I wait to order :(

f*&%*)ers...

it's so sad...I will not buy from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Deliasz wrote: »
    f*&%*)ers...

it's so sad...I will not buy from them.

Haha what a pack if **** bags.

Sooner they go down the tube the better, more people will turn to digital sales and inveitibly driving the price downward and quality of service up.

Bricks n mortars shops for games,music and films are on the way out, and good riddance .

TheDoc wrote: »

Sooner they go down the tube the better, more people will turn to digital sales and inveitibly driving the price downward and quality of service up.

Bricks n mortars shops for games,music and films are on the way out, and good riddance .

it's weird...I don't like this whole price increase few days before launch. Smith selling for 49.99...ill try some giwaways :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

its simples

They see the increase in pre orders and sneak up the price.

They make estimates that the game will sell well and raise the price. Its a very obvious and blatant tactic by Gamestop, yet people keep honouring their pre orders

They did this recently with Guild Wars 2 and I was straight in to get my despoit back and went to HMV who are selling for €35.

They constantly breach RRP and they have the most unethical pricing schemes in retail.

But people keep buying there, and keep their doors open : /

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Wossack

dont they always do this?

preorders cheaper (to reward the trusting die hard fans?), price goes up towards release day, and then back down again a few months down the line?

Wossack wrote: »
    dont they always do this?

preorders cheaper (to reward the trusting die hard fans?), price goes up towards release day, and then back down again a few months down the line?

hmm now it's presell so probably normal sell will be around 55e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

They did this recently with Guild Wars 2 and I was straight in to get my despoit back and went to HMV who are selling for €35.

HMV will be selling GW2 for €35? Were you offered access to the beta weekend via a code or some such?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You only get Beta access for GW2 with the online pre-purchase iirc.

Don't we have some reach member to do giwaway contest ? :D

HMV ? are they selling D3 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

You are very wrong . On battle.net game cost 60e,so gamestop is still cheaper. Digital sales are usually more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i am not giving more than 45e for this :S

gamestop has always been lack of 'business self-respect'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭RichieC

is this out yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yes it is, it's been out for months and you've missed it. Servers are now shut down and you'll never be able to play it again :pac:

seraphimvc wrote: »
    i am not giving more than 45e for this :S

gamestop has always been lack of 'business self-respect'.

My friend just told me about Gamestop in tallaght. They told him that he can do preorder and collect game 15th for only 55e... sick !

online price 47.79, face to face price 55e

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

RichieC wrote: »
    is this out yet?

Why do people ask questions like this? Instead of waiting for someone to answer you, you could just google and get your answer in 10 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€50 on toys.ie, probably €45 in store with loyalty card.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

airgilbert wrote: »
    Why do people ask questions like this? Instead of waiting for someone to answer you, you could just google and get your answer in 10 seconds

Is it in yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Gamestop shipped Diablo 3 today so might get it Monday, In time for release hour:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i still remember hmv sold sc2 for 45e so fingercross they do the same price :S the thing is pc game should always be cheaper than 45e...

Advertisement