Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJ4000 1080p Waterproof Action Cam (GoPro Alt) - €58.94 Delivered [Aliexpress.com]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Simon_K wrote: »
    What's the best place to get it now? I see a huge red EXPIRED in the title :(

This is where I got mine.
    http://www.foxoffer.com/sj4000-full-hd-waterproof-action-helmet-camera-p-659.html?zenid=18c1ce84b7c686446826c922581785d0#.U9ZfxZQ1iPw

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Action-Camera-Diving-30Meter-Waterproof-Camera-1080P-Full-HD-SJ4000-Helmet-Camera-Underwater-Sport-Cameras-Sport/1912257850.html

I bought off this seller, they price is crazy high now, but they reduce it every week or so, to in and around 80 dollars. Let me check mine at home this evening and I'll let you know if everything is okay. But the seller was quick to communicate, the free delivery seems to have been relatively quick all considered.

But there are plenty of sellers on AliExpress, look for 100's of feedback scores and check them, and if the price is right then you should be good. $85~ is the price they are. Any that cost ~$60 are scam sellers.

Hmmm i have the camera in front of me, and im not certain, but it may be fake...(or a fake of a fake if you will...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Kevin! wrote: »
    Better spending the extra few euro on a seller that has a high reputation to avoid fakes/no shows
    You wont get a fake, you just wont receive anything.
    Hmmm i have the camera in front of me, and im not certain, but it may be fake...(or a fake of a fake if you will...)

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Kevin! wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Delightful.

I was referring to the people buying the cams for €40. They will not receive anything, as has been proved already in this thread. But thanks for your wonderful contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Delightful.

I was referring to the people buying the cams for €40. They will not receive anything, as has been proved already in this thread. But thanks for your wonderful contribution.

Fakes also exist, likewise

• Advertisement

So this is the seller once again:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Action-Camera-Diving-30Meter-Waterproof-Camera-1080P-Full-HD-SJ4000-Helmet-Camera-Underwater-Sport-Cameras-Sport/1912257850.html

I believe this is the seller the OP posted about originally. Although I'm not certain. After reviewing this blog entry:
    http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2014/07/05/the-difference-between-original-and-fake-sj4000/http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2014/07/05/the-difference-between-original-and-fake-sj4000/

Mine appears to be fake, as the firmware doesn't line up with what I've found elsewhere online, and the box has the error mentioned in the above article:

"Water Resistabt"

However the camera case does not have the black screws shown above.

I have ordered spare batteries and other accessories which have yet to arrive. Apparently the batteries will not work in the fake version, but I can't check that just yet.

All that being said, the video quality seems to be great, and all the accessories are there. I've opened a dispute with the seller regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

So this is the seller once again:

I believe this is the seller the OP posted about originally. Although I'm not certain. After reviewing this blog entry:
    http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2014/07/05/the-difference-between-original-and-fake-sj4000/http://www.foxoffer.com/blog/2014/07/05/the-difference-between-original-and-fake-sj4000/

Mine appears to be fake, as the firmware doesn't line up with what I've found elsewhere online, and the box has the error mentioned in the above article:

"Water Resistabt"

However the camera case does not have the black screws shown above.

I have ordered spare batteries and other accessories which have yet to arrive. Apparently the batteries will not work in the fake version, but I can't check that just yet.

All that being said, the video quality seems to be great, and all the accessories are there. I've opened a dispute with the seller regardless.

This is the same seller I ordered off although have not received it yet. Will be disappointed to learn its a fake after all this waiting. I have received a spare battery for it so I guess I will know if its fake by trying to get that to fit.

This is the same seller I ordered off although have not received it yet. Will be disappointed to learn its a fake after all this waiting. I have received a spare battery for it so I guess I will know if its fake by trying to get that to fit.

Yeah, i mean i was a bit annoyed initially, but it seems to work well. I'll let you know how I get on with the seller regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I bought the same one. After looking around tons of forums, it seems that the "version 1" models are incorrectly being mistaken as fakes.
    These are version 1.

But also, the 'fake' models are apparently just the 2nd build (not version 2) to come out with the same chipset (Something to do with it's name), so they should work just as well. The naming it a 'fake' is apparently to deter people from buying it. Apparently built with same spec and hardware.

A lot of apparently's there, but after reading so many forums, they are the most commonly believed by People that have version 1, version 2 and the 'fake' models.

You have to download the correct firmware for each model, as they will not work with the incorrect one. - i.e. Version 1 firmware will not work on version 2 and so on..

Also, there is something about a stamp in some models. I think they are the original build version 1 + 2. I don't know any more about that yet, but will post when I do.

I am waiting for a report on this seller's model. It is believed to be the Original, and the buyer is going to do a review after they have received it. - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/530624

These are the latest versions of the original build that are confirmed.
    (Foxoffer) http://www.sjcam.com/en/cameras/9-sj4000-full-hd-1080p-waterproof-action-camera-sport-dvr.html
    (QUMOX brand) http://www.amazon.co.uk/QUMOX-SJ4000-Silver-Waterproof-helmetcam/dp/B00HHRFHG6
    Tunigy on Hobbyking.com

and some other sellers to be reviewed over the next week.

The latest Firmware can take a 64GB card, I haven't tried to update mine yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Yeah, i mean i was a bit annoyed initially, but it seems to work well. I'll let you know how I get on with the seller regardless.

yeah do! my buyer protection runs out in 13 days but am off on holidays for 2 weeks! I asked to extend the protection period but still waiting to hear from seller!

• Advertisement

The seller has offered to refund $35, and admits that this camera is different. I'm going to try and push further.

Anyway, asides from that, comparing this to a GoPro 3 white, the footage is identical tbh. Really vibrant (not overly so), clear and just great really. I'll throw up a couple of vids this evening to show people.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Anyone any idea when the new A7 chip version might be available? I want to buy one of these but part of me tells me to wait for the new one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

For those of you getting the "Custer (Cluster) size wrong" error you need to format it in Windows using the 32KB option.

Should work also if you just format using the incamera menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

I got mine today, well happy.
    This blog (in German - use Google Translate) has a mountain of tips + tricks.

h**p://metropolitanmonkey.blogspot.de/

I ungraded FW to the new July version, went from N201405270Zv01 to N20140714V05

The seller has offered to refund $35, and admits that this camera is different. I'm going to try and push further.

Anyway, asides from that, comparing this to a GoPro 3 white, the footage is identical tbh. Really vibrant (not overly so), clear and just great really. I'll throw up a couple of vids this evening to show people.

So that seller got back to me and gave me a number of options. One of which was a $50 dollar refund, and keep the device. Considering i paid 83, i reckon that's an okay deal. The only thing that annoys me is the extra batteries I bought wont fit, although they haven't arrived so I'm not 100% certain on this. Sure at this stage I'll wait until a better iteration comes out and probably buy that from banggood or some other reliable seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

Has anyone used a 64gb card with this camera? Does it work? I have a samsung 64gb EVO micro sd card that i'd like to use with it.

Has anyone used a 64gb card with this camera? Does it work? I have a samsung 64gb EVO micro sd card that i'd like to use with it.

Depending on the model, the newest firmware allows for a 64GB card.

Read the end of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

Mine worked with video / photos 64GB card out of the box.

I did run into trouble when trying to flash the FW though and it only worked when I switched for an old 2GB card.

Here's a sample video edited together using the SJ4000 clone, from AliExpress. The quality is pretty fantastic. Apologies for the sideways/angled footage at the start. It was simply clipped to my cross strap outside of the case. And the footage at the end, is in the water proof case attached to the back of my bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

Considering getting one myself for cycling. Anyone got any links to genuine ones?

Hoping to pay 60e max. I can find several selling for around that price point but I can't tell if it's a clone or not

• Advertisement

Same here, I'd like to purchase now, but the amount of available options is mind blowing. I really just want the "genuine" version of it for up to 80 euros with delivery.

banggood.com is where all the forums say sell the genuine ones. So I'll consider buying one from there in the future when I'm not as broke. But for now this fake fake will do me I reckon! It's great. Only issue is the spare batteries not fitting.

http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Waterproof-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-1080P-p-917037.html

Here's a sample video edited together using the SJ4000 clone, from AliExpress. The quality is pretty fantastic. Apologies for the sideways/angled footage at the start. It was simply clipped to my cross strap outside of the case. And the footage at the end, is in the water proof case attached to the back of my bike.

Video

TV_NECKS.gif
    :D

banggood.com is where all the forums say sell the genuine ones. So I'll consider buying one from there in the future when I'm not as broke. But for now this fake fake will do me I reckon! It's great. Only issue is the spare batteries not fitting.

http://www.banggood.com/SJ4000-Waterproof-HD-1_5-Inch-Car-DVR-Camera-Sport-DV-Novatek-1080P-p-917037.html

Use Code BGDEAL to get discount of $10

I'm considering getting it from amazon ,as they are amazing with returns, should anything happen. What do you guys think?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sj4000&sprefix=sj400%2Caps

Allyall wrote: »
    Use Code BGDEAL to get discount of $10

Why why why am i seriously considering just buying another one...

As an aside, did you get any spare batteries for yours? And do they fit if so?

Why why why am i seriously considering just buying another one...

As an aside, did you get any spare batteries for yours? And do they fit if so?

Yes, I bought my Spare Battery from DX in the end, as I was bundling other stuff together.
    Battery fits i did thought it didn't but, it seems that was just the way I had to clip it in.

That's one thing that annoys me a little about aliexpress, you could order 5 items on the same day, they'll all arrive weeks apart. Or pay €300 to get them all delivered by the same courier at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Same here, I'd like to purchase now, but the amount of available options is mind blowing. I really just want the "genuine" version of it for up to 80 euros with delivery.

Go for Banggood and select the shipping via Dutch post.
    Delivery takes around 10 days. They container ship to Netherlands and reship from there.

Allyall wrote: »
    Yes, I bought my Spare Battery from DX in the end, as I was bundling other stuff together.
    Battery fits i did thought it didn't but, it seems that was just the way I had to clip it in.

That's one thing that annoys me a little about aliexpress, you could order 5 items on the same day, they'll all arrive weeks apart. Or pay €300 to get them all delivered by the same courier at the same time.

Well if the batteries fit...then honestly...i have no need to buy an original. The video above speaks for itself. And the quality on youtube is worse than the raw copies i started with. I've also used one of the sticky mounts to stick it to the outside of my car too and it's awesome.

• Advertisement

Well if the batteries fit...then honestly...i have no need to buy an original. The video above speaks for itself. And the quality on youtube is worse than the raw copies i started with. I've also used one of the sticky mounts to stick it to the outside of my car too and it's awesome.

I think that most of the clones are labelled as model SD28 on Aliexpress, but, unfortunately not all of them.

They require a different battery.

Like THIS ONE
    In the Description it says:
    Weight: 101g-150g
    Model Number: SD28 (SJ4000) <--- CLONE
    Video Resolution 1: fULL hd 1080P (1920*1080 ) 30FPS
    and
    SJ4000 Full HD 1080P H.264 30M WaterProof 170 Wide Angle sj4000 action camera sj4000
    A water-resistant up to 60 meters under water (printed on packaging box 30 meters, tested with 60 meters)
    Based on customers' suggestion on the old version, SD28 has come up with some improvements such as:
    1. Button on waterproof case now with better hand feeling for pressing (sometimes old version one with shorter pins get stuck when pressing)
    2. Battery cap is easier to open
    3. Power button is more sensitive.
    Customer Experience Come First!

Whereas the seller I purchased from THIS ONE
    says:
    Type: Portable
    Model Number: SJ4000
    Language: English / German / French / Spanish

The version I received is the Original SJ4000 Version 1.

Advertisement