Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Effect of training on central nervous system

• 31-03-2015 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am aware of the effects that physical activity has on our nervous system and I am aware of the increase in popularty of new tools that can monitor that stress and inform you when additional rest is needed, etc. However there seems to be little focus around managing that stress (being proactive) with the majority of the focus on being reactive which in my opinion is a little to late as the only remedy available is to usually reduce your training.

I have been using techniques that originate within meditation for a while as part of my cool down/post workout routine and the results are really encouraging. Less tired, less sore, etc. I push myself hard, train 6 days a week and can't imagine surviving without this change to my program. My question is whether this is just something that appeals to me or whether i should share. I have extensive experience in meditation so such an approach might only appeal to me but just wondering if other people out there who are serious about their training would benefit.

I am also conscious that many people aren't comfortable with traditional meditation. That said i have distilled my practice to a simple 5 minutes at the end of my training session. Love to hear anybody's thoughts on the subject.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

Sorry what is your question about the central nervous system?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stevegriff

Sorry, should have been clearer. Question less about the nervous system and more about the use of meditation techniques as a means to proactively treat effects of training on our CNS. Would such an application be of any interest to people who are serious about their training or do you think not?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭calfmuscle

No

• Registered Users Posts: 39,009 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

stevegriff wrote: »
    I have been using techniques that originate within meditation for a while as part of my cool down/post workout routine and the results are really encouraging. Less tired, less sore, etc. I push myself hard, train 6 days a week and can't imagine surviving without this change to my program.
    I train 6-8 times a week, never tired or sore. I don't meditate. I survived.
    My CNS is happy.

You are just assuming that it's helping your CNS, with any basis in any facts.

So, thinly veiled shill attempt is lol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement