Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nursing Studies DIFE

Options
  • 18-01-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi everyone!

Thinking about doing Nursing Studies in Drogheda Institute of Education this year and i'm just wondering if anyone here has done it or has any information about it. I would really appreciate knowing what my options are if i finish this course and how i would go about getting into a university nursing course afterwards. Is it difficult to get into a nursing course in an IT or university after someone completes a course like this?
    Any information would be much appreciated!
    Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Emily97

Hi! I'm currently on a pre nursing course myself, you need to aim for 8 distinctions ( 3 of those including human growth and development, anatomy & physiology, and nursing theory and practice. ) it's very difficult to get into a university in Ireland, which in my eyes isn't fair for the fetac students that do work hard on their course but that's the system for ya! They usually advise pre nurses to go to the UK as there is better chances to getting a place over there, just bare in mind you need at least a C3 In maths and English in your leaving cert too. On my course they have maths level 5 as an optional for people who didn't achieve the C3 in the leaving and I heard DIFE has that option too. I've heard the teachers in DIFE are very dedicated and hard working, DIFE is also a lovely modern college. Also, the nursing studies qualification can lead to employment straight after as a healthcare assistant! It's a hard course tho, I advise don't apply unless you are really considering wanting to become a nurse, as these courses are very over subscribed and many people want them so it wouldn't be fair if say you were only doing it for the sake of it! It's difficult but worth it in the long run. Anything else you would like to know i'll answer :) did you get into DIFE?

Advertisement