Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Gym that's Teen-friendly?

• 12-01-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey everyone
    I'm a fifteen year old guy who's quite chubby and feminine looking, and I'm really looking to get myself in order in terms of health and a more masculine body. I'm looking around for a gym that's teen-friendly, as I've seen David Lloyd Riverview is wildly expensive, and many are saying Westwood is a joke (although the few times I have been there, it's seems okay). Does anyone have an suggestions in Dublin (Northside) For a gym that's teen-friendly?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

jayjay1189 wrote: »
    Hey everyone
    I'm a fifteen year old guy who's quite chubby and feminine looking, and I'm really looking to get myself in order in terms of health and a more masculine body. I'm looking around for a gym that's teen-friendly, as I've seen David Lloyd Riverview is wildly expensive, and many are saying Westwood is a joke (although the few times I have been there, it's seems okay). Does anyone have an suggestions in Dublin (Northside) For a gym that's teen-friendly?

if you want to lose weight then diet is as important as exercise, also what do you mean by feminine if you are a man then your body is masculine

I'm new to dublin myself so i'm no help for a recommendation, where ever you do go get good advice (plenty of that on here) don't make the mistakes i made namely not squatting heavy or doing deadlifts for over a year when i started

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I would think that most are "teen friendly", you pay as much membership as anybody else and so have a right to be there.

Also - don't worry about people watching you, they are not (unless you are a 22 year old woman, toned to bits and wearing lycra - then they are). People have their own programmes and days to be getting on with - most people just want to get their split done and leave.

Join a gym, get a walk through from the trainers on how to get the equipment and perhaps get a programme online (i have found commercial gym programmes to be less than effective)

good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

Hercules club lurgan street teen membership is only around 120 for the year, few teens like urself already training there

Advertisement