Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Transplant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

HI guys, i started taking finasteride 6 months ago and i have not noticed any side effects whatsoever and i thibk my hair is beginning to thicken up. Now i am not saying there is no side effects but in clinical studies the placebo group had only slighlty lower incidence of side effects. This drug first came on the market to treat prostate cancer but its only in recent years that men using it to treat baldness has reported so many detrimental side effects. Some of the side effects like lower sex drive and impotence can be more of psychological issue. Please dont reply telling me im wrong and this and that im just trying to give a balanced view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Clark2014

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    HI guys, i started taking finasteride 6 months ago and i have not noticed any side effects whatsoever and i thibk my hair is beginning to thicken up. Now i am not saying there is no side effects but in clinical studies the placebo group had only slighlty lower incidence of side effects. This drug first came on the market to treat prostate cancer but its only in recent years that men using it to treat baldness has reported so many detrimental side effects. Some of the side effects like lower sex drive and impotence can be more of psychological issue. Please dont reply telling me im wrong and this and that im just trying to give a balanced view.

The clinical trial data from merck is pure fantasy. Remember this is same company that falsified data for its drug Vioxx which killed thousands of people.

As I said you may only get side effects from Propecia AFTER you stop using it.

If you any doubt about how "dangerous" Propecia is you should listen to Propecia victims in their own words at blogtalkradio.com/pfsglobal

They have a interview with an Irish Doctor who says Doctors who prescribe Propecia are "unethical".

Clark2014 wrote: »
    The clinical trial data from merck is pure fantasy. Remember this is same company that falsified data for its drug Vioxx which killed thousands of people.

As I said you may only get side effects from Propecia AFTER you stop using it.

If you any doubt about how "dangerous" Propecia is you should listen to Propecia victims in their own words at blogtalkradio.com/pfsglobal

They have a interview with an Irish Doctor who says Doctors who prescribe Propecia are "unethical".

Please post up factual data that vioxx killed thousands of people for all the other posters to see just to back up one of your many claims. Every single drug out there has side effects all i am saying is the benefits far out weigh the risks for people like me who find it very depressing to be balding. Again i am just trying to give a bit of balance. When you see forums like this you onle ever hear negative comments because people who have positicve comments generally do not still look at forums regarding hairloss as hopefully will be in my case move on happy in their lives. Baldness can have a detrimental effect on some young men andd i for one would always be wondering what if i tried propecia.

Please post up factual data that vioxx killed thousands of people for all the other posters to see just to back up one of your many claims. Every single drug out there has side effects all i am saying is the benefits far out weigh the risks for people like me who find it very depressing to be balding. Again i am just trying to give a bit of balance. When you see forums like this you onle ever hear negative comments because people who have positicve comments generally do not still look at forums regarding hairloss as hopefully will be in my case move on happy in their lives. Baldness can have a detrimental effect on some young men andd i for one would always be wondering what if i tried propecia.

Accoring to drugwatch.com "38,000 deaths were related to Vioxx use".

Merck had to pay out over 4 billion in compensation for that drug alone.

I can't post a link here but if you google "vioxx deaths" you will find the story.

All the "Doctors" who are promoting Propecia have a vested interest in it.

It is simply not worth the risk of taking a drug that can permanently destory your sexuality as well as your mental and physical health.

If you are that worried about your hair loss you should get a hair transplant.

I can't post a link here but if anyone here is thinking of taking Propecia I recommend you watch a video on youtube called "don't take propecia".

The video is shocking. Nobody would upload a video like that if Propecia was really "safe".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Troll Killer

IF YOU ARE NOT TRAINED IN STATISTICAL HYPOTHESIS TESTING, DO NOT TRY TO LECTURE ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE MAKING AN IDIOT OUT OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever come across on the Internet. The placebo group did not have "only slighty lower incidence of side effects." "Slightly lower" is YOUR MEANINGLESS, UNSCIENTIFIC gibberish, it means nothing.

There is something called a p-value. It is used to determine "statistical significance" In EVERY SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION ADVERSE EVENT the Propecia group had a STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT HIGHER frequency.

That determines that Propecia causes sexual dysfunction. And because it was compared to a placebo group, it is no "more of psychological issues."

IF YOU ARE NOT TRAINED IN STATISTICAL HYPOTHESIS TESTING, DO NOT TRY TO LECTURE ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE MAKING AN IDIOT OUT OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever come across on the Internet. The placebo group did not have "only slighty lower incidence of side effects." "Slightly lower" is YOUR MEANINGLESS, UNSCIENTIFIC gibberish--it means nothing.

There is something called a p-value. It is used to determine "statistical significance" In EVERY SEXUAL DYSFUNCTION ADVERSE EVENT the Propecia group had a STATISTICALLY SIGNIFICANT HIGHER frequency compared to the placebo group. That determines that Propecia causes sexual dysfunction. And because it was compared to a placebo group, it is no "more of psychological issues."

Linked to 38000 deaths and killing 38000 is a very different argument. I never said side effects dont happem I merely said that the chances are extremely low for any noticeable sides. I prosume you never take aspirin as it can cause bleeding in the brain.

Troll killer where did I try to lecture. By the way do you honestly think that finasteride causes sexual dysfunction in enough men to warrant people to say not take it. No more pharmaceutical would ever try to develop drugs if peope were not willing to buy them due to a slight chance of experiencing sides. Would you agree.

Troll killer where did I try to lecture. By the way do you honestly think that finasteride causes sexual dysfunction in enough men to warrant people to say not take it.
    No more pharmaceutical would ever try to develop drugs if peope were not willing to buy them due to a slight chance of experiencing sides. Would you agree.

Its not a slight chance Mercks (the company that makes the drug) own figures show that atleast 2% of people who use propecia will get sexual side effects. I think the real figure is closer to 20%.

• Advertisement

Linked to 38000 deaths and killing 38000 is a very different argument. I never said side effects dont happem I merely said that the chances are extremely low for any noticeable sides. I prosume you never take aspirin as it can cause bleeding in the brain.

You not comparing like with like. Can aspirin give you long term depression and destory your sexuality ?

Has there been a non profit charity set up to help people who have had their llives destroyed by aspirin ?

Well there is such a charity for Propecia victims.

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/

Irish GP - Dr Andrew Rynne has warned that Propecia can cause "chemical castration".

http://medicaladviceforyou.com/finasteride/

Finasteride, also called Propecia or Proscar is a toxic drug originally designed for chemical castration. And who wants to be chemically castrated you may well ask? Good question. Older men, with metastatic prostate cancer, that is cancer that has spread outside of the gland and into their bones, may gain some benefit from chemical castration with Finasteride. It usually puts their cancer into remission but it does not cure them. The benefits are, sadly, short lived. If it were I who had metastatic prostate cancer I would pass on the Finasteride thank you all the same.

Finasteride is the ultimate pleasure stripper, the nasty thief that robs you of so much joy. In order for testosterone to work as a sex hormone and pleasure giver, it has to be converted into a substance called 5a-dihydrotestosterone or DHT. On its own testosterone is but a grape, but converted into DHT it is the champagne. Finasteride stops this conversion from happening.

What are the effects of Finasteride?

Note here that we are not talking about the side-effects of Finasteride. No, these are the actual effects, the intended, deliberate results of ingesting this disgusting drug. They are:

Loss of libido or desire for any sexual activity including self-pleasuring.
    Profound erectile dysfunction – not that it matters since you won’t want to use it anyway.
    Loss of morning or spontaneous erections.
    Loss of sensation on the rare occasion that you might ejaculate.
    Genital numbness.
    Penile size depletion.
    Brain fog, confusion and depression.

But it gets even worse. Finasteride was introduced into the pharmaceutical market for the temporary control of metastatic prostate cancer. It was then discovered that it actually has the capacity to shrink the prostate gland which is hardly surprising since it shrinks just about everything else. So here we go again, let joy be unconfined, happy days! We now have a new indication for Finasteride. Let’s give it to men with benign prostate hyperplasia. That’s a fine big market out there and the share-holders will be delighted!

Whatever sense it might make to give Finasteride to a man facing terminal prostate cancer, I can not for the life of me see what sense it makes to give it to men with benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), which is, lets face it, just about every man on this planet over the age of 60. This is all the more so since we now have a range of treatments available for BPH which are self and effective and leave men with their sexual dignity intact.

Now here is the worst bit of all to this sorry saga of pharmaceutical companies’ greed. Recently Finasteride has been “approved” as a “treatment” for male pattern baldness.Male pattern baldness is not a disease or condition that warrants any treatment lease of all that of a potent and dangerous drug. However, leaving that aside for the moment, vulnerable young men are now being offered this “cure” for their poor self-image.

For some young men taking Finasteride the consequences can be a life sentence of sexual obliteration. The really horrible part of this is that while they are actually taking their Finasteride they may notice only slight or few side-effects. It is only when they actually stop taking the poison that the bomb goes off and it’s too late then. And nobody told them that this could happen. They were lied to, duped. To date there is no effective treatment for Post-Finasteride syndrome.

Anyone thinking of taking Propecia should watch this interview.

Also you can listen to interview here with Irish school teacher Jay Slattery whos life was destroyed by the drug.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfsglobal/2014/06/11/e18-jay-slatterys-story

Clark as i said earlier i am only giving my view point and in my opinion i believe that the side effects have been blown massively out of proportion, again i do agree that sides occur just not regularly enough to warrant telling young men who are getting depressed over hairloss not to take this drug. Sure they should be informed as the label on the packaging now warns but i am just giving my experience so far to balance opinions and not put all men off taking this drug as it has shown in majority of cases to be successful. You say people get depressed off this drug and then have sexual dysfunction, its a known fact that the two are interlinked and it may be coincidence that this depressed person suddenly loses interst in sex and then links it back to the drug. Again im just offering my opinion for some men who really do not want to lose their hair. I personally am still doing it twice a day(sex).

Clark as i said earlier i am only giving my view point and in my opinion i believe that the side effects have been blown massively out of proportion, again i do agree that sides occur just not regularly enough to warrant telling young men who are getting depressed over hairloss not to take this drug. Sure they should be informed as the label on the packaging now warns but i am just giving my experience so far to balance opinions and not put all men off taking this drug as it has shown in majority of cases to be successful. You say people get depressed off this drug and then have sexual dysfunction, its a known fact that the two are interlinked and it may be coincidence that this depressed person suddenly loses interst in sex and then links it back to the drug. Again im just offering my opinion for some men who really do not want to lose their hair. I personally am still doing it twice a day(sex).

The depression the drug causes is not like normal everyday depression.

As I said you may only get side effects AFTER you come off the drug.

I can't for the life of me understand how a drug that has been linked to countless suicides is given out for a non disease.

In this interview one of Ireland's leading Doctors Andrew Rynne says that Doctors who prescribe Propecia are "unethical".

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfsglobal/2014/05/09/e15-interview-with-dr-andrew-rynne

Clark i too can post reports and youtube clips of doctors explaining how safe propeca is if you want. The reason its being given out because all the scientific data that has been done shows it has an excellent safety profile, i am not making this up these are the facts.

The below snippet is just one i got two minutes ago from the international hair resoration surgery website.

Since receiving FDA approval in December of 1997, 20.5 million and 6.7 million patient-years of exposure using Proscar (finasteride 5mg) and Propecia (finasteride 1mg) respectively are recorded with a low adverse event profile. The ISHRS believes that these are the most current and reliable data available until further studies are conducted.

Sexual dysfunction is a complex disorder, and Dr. Martinick noted that it often can be hard to pinpoint the exact cause – particularly when multiple factors such as nicotine, alcohol, prescription medications, stress, anxiety, fatigue and depression can contribute to erectile dysfunction (ED).

“The incidence of ED in the general population is known to be quite high – as high as 49% in middle-aged and older men according to one study published in 2006 in the Archives of Internal Medicine,” said Dr. Martinick. “That being said, we owe it to our patients to address valid concerns in a scientific manner and to clarify any misleading reports so that men can make informed choices regarding the use of this medication

Again i do agree it has sides just not as frequent as is being touted here.

Clark i too can post reports and youtube clips of doctors explaining how safe propeca is if you want.

I challenge you to find a Doctor who says Propecia is "safe" that is not involved with the hair loss industry.

The reason its being given out because all the scientific data that has been done shows it has an excellent safety profile, i am not making this up these are the facts.
    Scientific data from Merck ? who have been proven to have falsified data in relation to vioxx. Why should we trust such company that has lied in the past?

The 2% figure they put out about Propecia's sexual side effects is pure fantasy.

The below snippet is just one i got two minutes ago from the international hair resoration surgery website.

Since receiving FDA approval in December of 1997, 20.5 million and 6.7 million patient-years of exposure using Proscar (finasteride 5mg) and Propecia (finasteride 1mg) respectively are recorded with a low adverse event profile. The ISHRS believes that these are the most current and reliable data available until further studies are conducted.

Sexual dysfunction is a complex disorder, and Dr. Martinick noted that it often can be hard to pinpoint the exact cause – particularly when multiple factors such as nicotine, alcohol, prescription medications, stress, anxiety, fatigue and depression can contribute to erectile dysfunction (ED).

“The incidence of ED in the general population is known to be quite high – as high as 49% in middle-aged and older men according to one study published in 2006 in the Archives of Internal Medicine,” said Dr. Martinick. “That being said, we owe it to our patients to address valid concerns in a scientific manner and to clarify any misleading reports so that men can make informed choices regarding the use of this medication

Again another vested interest. That organisation you mention has in the past been sponsored by merck(the maker of the drug). Also some of the leading hair loss doctors in Amercia also receive money from merck.

Why don't you read Professor Michael S. Irwig's study on Propecia side effects. He is not part of any vested interest.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2011.02255.x/abstract

Clark i too can post reports and youtube clips of doctors explaining how safe propeca is if you want. The reason its being given out because all the scientific data that has been done shows it has an excellent safety profile, i am not making this up these are the facts.

What kind of nonsense is this? You are claiming 49% of middle age men suffer from impotence, but the PROSCAR clinical trials has, the placebo group of the proscar clincal trials has it at 3.7%. A statistically significant different from the Finasteride group.

It's been established Finasteride causes sexual dysfunction. Don't use your own ignorance to claim it doesn't.

Troll killer where did I try to lecture.
    When you claimed side effects were psychological, when Merck' own clincal trials established they were not.
    By the way do you honestly think that finasteride causes sexual dysfunction in enough men to warrant people to say not take it.
    **** YES. Are you really more concerned with your hair than pussy? You need to get your priorities straight dude. Have you even felt the glorious wetness of a vagina ready for sex? **** hair.
    No more pharmaceutical would ever try to develop drugs if peope were not willing to buy them due to a slight chance of experiencing sides. Would you agree.
    There is something called risk-benefit assessment. Not that you would know anything about that.

• Advertisement

Troll Killer you are too Immature to argue with. At least Clark is being reasonable and replying to posts in a dignified manner. I said sides can be psychological not are psychological so read my posts properly before you reply. The benefits far out weigh the risks in this case in my opinion. Troll that was a piece from a study about the impotence not my made up facts again read posts fully before you reply. Where did i claim that finasteride does cause sexual dysfunction.

Clark when say find a doctor, obviously its going to be doctors that have a vested interest in hiar as there field of interest. I personally gort my prescription from a dermatologist who explained how she knows many men that take it and recently prescribed it for her brother in law. now i know that is not backing my argument but dont say she too has a vested interest in the drug. Alot of doctors also base there whole career around denouncing drugs thats what they are paid to do.

Clark when you say find a doctor, obviously its going to be doctors that have a vested interest in hair as it is their field of interest. I personally got my prescription from a dermatologist who explained how she knows many men that take it and recently prescribed it for her brother in law. Now i know that is not backing my argument but dont say she too has a vested interest in the drug. Alot of doctors also base their whole career around denouncing drugs thats what they are paid to do.

Also Dr Irwig states that approx 5percent of men suffer from sexual dysfunction which basically backs up my argument. I said in all my posts that the drug causes sides just that its been blown out of proportion.

Dr. Irwig says roughly 5 percent of men who take medicine will experience sexual dysfunction, but that “out of that 5 percent, it’s hard to tell how many will experience persistent symptoms.”

“We know that this is a potential problem, but we can’t quantify what the exact risk is. I can’t tell a man if he has a 1-in-100 chance, or a 1-in-1000 chance of developing persistent sexual dysfunction, but it’s pretty clear there’s a relationship here,” he says

Also Dr Irwig states that approx 5percent of men suffer from sexual dysfunction which basically backs up my argument. I said in all my posts that the drug causes sides just that its been blown out of proportion.

Dr. Irwig says roughly 5 percent of men who take medicine will experience sexual dysfunction, but that “out of that 5 percent, it’s hard to tell how many will experience persistent symptoms.”

“We know that this is a potential problem, but we can’t quantify what the exact risk is. I can’t tell a man if he has a 1-in-100 chance, or a 1-in-1000 chance of developing persistent sexual dysfunction, but it’s pretty clear there’s a relationship here,” he says

The problem is for many men the sexual dysfunction is permanent, and as Dr Rynne said you may only get these sides AFTER you come off the drug.

And this is not normal sexual dysfunction that many peoople get.

It can literally shrink your genitals as confirmed by Dr Rynne.

The propeciahelp forum has over 3000 members that are suffering from these side effects.

www.propeciahelp.com/forum

One of the UK's leading hair loss clinic's Belgravia have admitted that Propecia can cause "permanent impotence".

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Bigmambo

Clark2014 wrote: »
    Depression is listed as one of the side effects on propecia.

It's also a side of effect of losing your hair, for many guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Binah

Hi pumperthruster, do you know of your guy can do anything for womens hairloss? What do you mean when you say godd donor hair? Do you mean good thickness or the hair or the roots themselves being generally healthy? Blessings

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 StellaBoost

Hi Binah,

I believe the same procedure works for women also, but you could just call him to find out.

Good donar hair means basically means good thickness/density(hair shafts per inch). This means he can extract many grafts without anything been noticed.
    I was told that approximately 9000 grafts could be removed from the back of my head without it being noticed. Therefore I could go for 3-4 procedures over my life time if I so wished. (not that I would..)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Padraig1888

Hi lads,

Looking for advice here, thinking of getting a hair transplant. I see the FUE technique involves essentially getting your head shaved – I really don’t want to do this, I’d like to be to be more discreet. Does anyone have any advice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 alan18

Hi. how much do the tablets cost ?

Advertisement