Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

always got highlights, need home dye solution

Options
  • 13-04-2015 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭

I have typical mousy brown hair, I have always gone for t bar highlight s in three colours, blonde, copper and gold.

But currently not working so have to try cut costs.

Also I have a few grey hairs in my crease and over my ears.

What are my options?

10 euro bottle of home dye, if so which one? Perfect 10?

Ask the hairdresser for an allover dye, how much would this be and what colour should I go for, light brown? I think I'd get less time out of this before the grey would be visible.

Get brown and blonde highlights and hope I can get 3 months out of them!

It's been 10 years since I dyed my hair at home, even then I would have used platinum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I think your best bet is to look out for deals on highlights. Have you looked on salon addict? Failing that I would go to a hairdressers that need hair models for highlights. Where are you based?

Do not get an all over colour and I say this from personal experience....the regrowth is in a line/block as it goes the whole way to your scalp.
    I would also avoid any home highlighting kits!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This is kinda what I thought, I'm going to leave my details with a few salons and see if I can be a model for students.

Im pretty easy going as long as my hair is not grey or green, so this might work out alright for me. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Most hairdressers seem to do their discount deals on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
    They would more than likely do any training days on a Monday. I see on Headmasters facebook page that they're having a colour and highlighting workshop today so you could try ringing them and seeing if they're running a course of them over the next few weeks?
    I get my hair done in Headmasters and it's the cheapest place I've ever gotten my hair done, €55 for highlights, a tint, cut and style on very short blonde hair which is also naturally kind of mousey/dirty blonde, and I've no complaints at all. I actually followed my hairdresser there after she moved from another place in town because she's that good.
    It goes without saying to keep your eye on facebook pages, some hairdressers will post up a short notice deal if someone cancels an appointment so that the slot doesn't go completely empty.

There's a place on the left hand side as you walk up the hill towards Ballybricken called Envy (there's a beautician in there too) and when I used to get my hair done there they used to give you money off coupons for your next visit, not sure if they do that anymore but worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

Its hard being a blonde

• Registered Users Posts: 13,378 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

crestglan wrote: »
    Its hard being a blonde

It's hard being any colour that differs significantly from your natural one. I'm naturally blonde, had my hair dyed very dark brown a few years back and the regrowth nearly drove me demented.

• Advertisement
Advertisement