Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Waiting list at TCD?

• 12-07-2015 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey

I Have been put on a waiting list for a masters in Finance course at TCD. Does anyone know from experience the standard procedure from here, such as when a place may become available and what the chances are?. I received their email on Friday stating that they have placed me on the waiting list and will contact me if there is a place to be offered. I know they are low chances, since I applied just before the deadline, however I was told to apply by the course administrator, so I believe that when I applied they had places to be filled..

I do wonder if some people may decide that, once the prospect is facing them, it's too pricey. Well, somewhat empty reasoning but it's all I have for the moment. That and also the course is offered in several universities at a lower price, which I am praying means some lucky students have a pick and eventually decide against TCD.

Anyway, I'll be calling them soon to ask where I stand on the waiting list. Since, I am an international student, I would have to get the visa and stuff done at the last moment, which freaks me out the most.

I guess what I'm asking is would a place likely come available in a few weeks (i.e., do you only have a few weeks to accept or decline the offer, typically) or would it more likely happen in the summer or August, close to when the course starts?
    Tagged:

Advertisement