Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking a Year Out/ Deferring

Options
  • 11-07-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Debating writing this but just for future reference as I, once again, got very lucky..
    The reason I debated writing it was that's it's too late to apply to take a year out this year, which makes post almost pointless; but for future years, this is what you do..

Took quite a bit of looking for me to find it but it's extremely simple in the end.
    There's a form by the SAA, a green form labelled 'Leave of Absence' or something to that effect.

Fill it in, give valid reasons and submit it before the 26th June.
    There's a meeting then on 1st of July and they send a letter out about a week later stating whether or not your request has been accepted or not.

Mine was accepted so will be back again next September.
    Need to update my student card again. I will say it's not a decision to be taken lightly or on a whim. I spent months debating the pros and cons before eventually applying for it.

Will still frequent forum, but this is the reason I put off discussions about accommodation until I knew for sure.. Glad I did.. :P

Advertisement