Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Trinity Access Programme

• 23-08-2008 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey...I got a letter the other day about the 2 week TAP orientation programme...Just wondering what are we going to be doing for 2 weeks??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

For the foundation year yeah? I got it too :) Eh yeah i was wondering about that myself, oh well all will be revealed Sept 22nd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

I'm going aswel. I was talking to the women who's doing it she said we'll be doing sports, public speaking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭manicmonoliths

Yo I did the TAP thing last year. Ours was only one week though, it was the week before freshers week. Basically we had mini lectures on things about college like managing your finances and health and stuff. We did a few study skills workshops which were fairly useless. Then the rest of the time we did sports, table quizzes and other things like that.
    I thought it was a good way to start off in college because you sort of have a good impression of Trinty before the madness of fresher's week starts!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Is this the same orientation programme as the one for people using the HEAR programme thing to get into college? Do we have to attend every day of the orientation programme.....sports and public speaking aren't really me!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Cost Boy!!

JC06 wrote: »
    Is this the same orientation programme as the one for people using the HEAR programme thing to get into college?
    Yeah it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

The Pre-Uni week is sooo good! It really is the best week for starting college. You'll meet loads of people and it's very informative too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

Yep I applied through the HEAR programme..It sounds really good...My elder siblings only did a week...It sounds like a really relaxed way to meet new people...I'm really looking forward to it now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭thatone!

Yeah I know a few people who have done the foundation year in trinity and they said that the orientation is really good, because they show you everywhere and ease you into college :) can't wait now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭innocenteyesuk

Oh and its really only a week.

Week 1 you're there every day and week 2 is Fresher's Week so you'll be there the day you have to register and TAP will organise a couple of non-obligitory events that week too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jimdw

Whimsical wrote: »
    Hey...I got a letter the other day about the 2 week TAP orientation programme...Just wondering what are we going to be doing for 2 weeks??

I will also be attending HEAR Pre-University Orientation programme on 22nd Sept - 3rd October.
    Basically you get to know other students and the Trinity campus one week prior the direct entry students. And we probably will get free lunch vouchers and free Trinity tour and stuff like that. How cool is that. :D

• Advertisement

Is this the same orientation programme as the one for people using the HEAR programme thing to get into college? Do we have to attend every day of the orientation programme.....sports and public speaking aren't really me!! :cool:

Ima sure you can skip most of the things if youre not interested, as long as you turn up on mornings. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Whimsical

I'll see you all there then...I forgot that the second week is freshers week..free lunch *wooHoo* :D

Whimsical wrote: »

I emailed TAP and they said that we will be doing activities like Study Skills Workshops, Sports activities, a Ceile, Financial Planning Workshops etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭JC06

Jimdw wrote: »
    I emailed TAP and they said that we will be doing activities like Study Skills Workshops, Sports activities, a Ceile, Financial Planning Workshops etc.

Aw that sounds good! I can't wait :D

Aw that sounds good! I can't wait :D

You will get your TAP Pre University Orientation Programme timetable telling you what's exactly going to happen sometime this week. I emailed TAP about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stanp926

Hi there, I'm just wondering what the Trinity Access Programme is like? I got accepted this year as a mature student this year but very nervous about it, as I have been out of education for 10 years. What supports ard there? What are the lectures like ? What are the hours ? Any info would be greatly appreciated I know there is a lot on here but it could be a little dated cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Louis Lane 6

Stanp926 wrote: »
    Hi there, I'm just wondering what the Trinity Access Programme is like? I got accepted this year as a mature student this year but very nervous about it, as I have been out of education for 10 years. What supports ard there? What are the lectures like ? What are the hours ? Any info would be greatly appreciated I know there is a lot on here but it could be a little dated cheers !

Hi, I'm starting a degree in Trinity in September as a mature student. I've completed a 1 year pre university course while it wasn't TAP the college I did it in has a link to Trinity. I started after been out of education for 15 years. I can honestly say I felt nervous and it was a bit daunting but it's also like that for your classmates, everyone is mostly in the same boat. I found that my previous life and work experience that I brought to the course helped in doing the course work and assignments. It was a brilliant experience and there was ups and downs. During the hard times in the course I believed in myself and kept reminding myself that this was a stepping stone and part of my plan to go onto University and that got me through as well as having some friends on the course to chat to and have a laugh with. I hope that helps and the best of luck to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Stanp926

Thank you..... I suppose it's just a bit daunting giving up a stable secure job to follow something that I have no guarantee at the end of it. I'm sure everything will be fine. Anyway good luck with your degree !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

TAP is a really great year. Most love it and rave about it, me being one of them.
    It's a really well thought out course. You'll learn so much in that one year.

Advertisement